Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1943

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 08, 2009

Return to the Pacific Theater in this simpler, downloadable, console-exclusive sequel to the massive World War II first-person shooter Battlefield 1942. It was later shut down on December 2023.

Coolest moment thus far

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Pie

Ive just finished playing my favourite game of 1943 on Guadacanal yet.Let me set the scene.
    My team had all but one control point...The ridge. All of the enemy team was defending it and they had somehow got a tank from the out post to assist them. I was approaching in the gunner seat of a tank from the village but even before we had reached the bottom of the hill we were obliterated by a volley of grenades from above. When choosing my respawn point i noticed that their was a airplane availble at HQ so i respawned raced into the plane before any other fool's stole it and began to ascend.
    Once i reached a suitable height i started to approach the ridge from the fuel depot side. Within seconds i took out three enemies with machine gun fire. As i drew closer i noticed that the enmey tank had set up home next to the flag so i lined up for a bomb drop firing machine guns all the while which manged to take out another two enemies. As i drew closer i realeased the bombs which destroyed the tank driver, gunner and some poor fool who was standing next to it attempting to repair it.
    That was 9 enemies in total. Unfortunately i got a bit to close to some AA fire which took me down shortly afterwards.

What are some of your favourite moments thus far in 1943?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By crunchUK
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pie
    @crunchUK said:
    "
    caaptiiin_crunch>it reminds me of 007 nightfire

<_PIE_|Original>caaptiiin_crunch comment in my topic pleasey caaptiiin_crunch

<_PIE_|Original>http://www.giantbomb.

<caaptiiin_crunch>the shooting bits are quite crappy but the sneaking bits are epic

<_PIE_|Original>You oubviously dont play many sneaking games

<caaptiiin_crunch>pie i dont play bttlefield

<_PIE_|Original>so

<_PIE_|Original>just say something about teh haloz

So uh..... HALO ROCKS EVERYBODY!
    "
    I hate your bones.......
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

Haha, I have had a few moments like that, Pie. There have been times when I start near the airfield, kill a few enemies trying to take over it, go into a plane, kill an enemy or two while in there, parachute out and then capture another control point, perhaps killing a few enemies there as well. I feel invincible then.....I die. Moments like those are what I love about 1943.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Oriental_Jams
    @Pie: Well, mine's similar-ish to yours. On Iwo-Jima, same situation (us 4, them 1 (the highest flag-can't remember the name of the place) all the team's doing stupid things like trying to charge in (from both sides), getting shot by a tank from one end, by the mounted guns on the other. I take a plane, go high, aim low, drop bombs, aim for tank, bail out, watch explosions for a bit. Then I succeeded in killing the idiots on the mounted guns and the team goes on to vict'ry.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pie
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " Haha, I have had a few moments like that, Pie. There have been times when I start near the airfield, kill a few enemies trying to take over it, go into a plane, kill an enemy or two while in there, parachute out and then capture another control point, perhaps killing a few enemies there as well. I feel invincible then.....I die. Moments like those are what I love about 1943. "
    Parachuting on top of a tank as a scout and throwing down some satchels is the coolest parachuting you can do.

@Oriental_Jams said:
    " @Pie: Well, mine's similar-ish to yours. On Iwo-Jima, same situation (us 4, them 1 (the highest flag-can't remember the name of the place) all the team's doing stupid things like trying to charge in (from both sides), getting shot by a tank from one end, by the mounted guns on the other. I take a plane, go high, aim low, drop bombs, aim for tank, bail out, watch explosions for a bit. Then I succeeded in killing the idiots on the mounted guns and the team goes on to vict'ry. "
    Having silly teammates who can distract the enemy isnt always bad i see.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Oriental_Jams

There are also the insane runs as a scout to a tank just to place a charge and blow yourself up. If it's for the benefit of the team, it's worth doing. Most of the time.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pie
    @Oriental_Jams said:
    " There are also the insane runs as a scout to a tank just to place a charge and blow yourself up. If it's for the benefit of the team, it's worth doing. Most of the time. "
    Ive had one too many scouts run out of cover at me throwin down C4 whilst ive been in a tank...
    Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Oriental_Jams
    @Pie said:
    " @Oriental_Jams said:
    " There are also the insane runs as a scout to a tank just to place a charge and blow yourself up. If it's for the benefit of the team, it's worth doing. Most of the time. "
    Ive had one too many scouts run out of cover at me throwin down C4 whilst ive been in a tank... "
    Yippie-kai-yay mother fucker.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pie
    @Oriental_Jams said:
    " @Pie said:
    " @Oriental_Jams said:
    Ive had one too many scouts run out of cover at me throwin down C4 whilst ive been in a tank... "
    Yippie-kai-yay mother fucker. "
    I wish the d-pad could be used for pre recorded lines like that....
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @Pie said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    " Haha, I have had a few moments like that, Pie. There have been times when I start near the airfield, kill a few enemies trying to take over it, go into a plane, kill an enemy or two while in there, parachute out and then capture another control point, perhaps killing a few enemies there as well. I feel invincible then.....I die. Moments like those are what I love about 1943. "
    Parachuting on top of a tank as a scout and throwing down some satchels is the coolest parachuting you can do.
    Damn, I need to try that out. Sounds sweet.
    birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By birchman

I drove a jeep which contributed to global warming. Battlefield-style.

Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Hannibal

I think I just had my favorite moment.

I was on Wake Island, and my team had taken all 5 points causing all of the opposing team to quit except for one guy. It was still pretty early in the match so I had nothing to do but grab a tank and knock down trees since this guy just kept spawning, getting a plane, then getting shot down by one of our planes. After cruising around shooting trees, I end up at the end near their tanker, and decide to try and fire off a few at the boat and see if I can get it to land on the deck. The first shot lands a little short in the water, but the second shot would have hit it, but unfortunately his plane got in the way.

Yeah I killed him <_<

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pie
    @Hannibal said:
    " I think I just had my favorite moment.I was on Wake Island, and my team had taken all 5 points causing all of the opposing team to quit except for one guy. It was still pretty early in the match so I had nothing to do but grab a tank and knock down trees since this guy just kept spawning, getting a plane, then getting shot down by one of our planes. After cruising around shooting trees, I end up at the end near their tanker, and decide to try and fire off a few at the boat and see if I can get it to land on the deck. The first shot lands a little short in the water, but the second shot would have hit it, but unfortunately his plane got in the way.Yeah I killed him <_< "
    Ive been trying to shoot down a plane with a tank for so long now...
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pie

Ive just had another cool moment. I was on wake island and had just captured the beach with about 5 other dudes. As we all began to approach the enemy occupied airfield i hear a plane behind us all so i turn around to see a very low flying enemy plane about 50 metres down the road which gets blown up by a air raid. The debris came hurtling ontop of two dudes killing one of them. I was at the front of the "pack" when this happened so i saw all of the dudes get blown up by the air raid (i think their was a jeep aswell).

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By bonbolapti

hitting someone with a jeep, jumping out and killing other that were around him.. makes me feel like a hero.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pie
    @bonbolapti said:
    " hitting someone with a jeep, jumping out and killing other that were around him.. makes me feel like a hero. "
    It would be cooler if the jeep had satchel charges on it
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pie

Just had another cool moment.
    It was on Iwa jima (my favourite map) and i was sniping ontop of the lighthouse when all of a sudden a tank with a gunner and some infantryman run up and try capture the lighthouse. I managed to throw down my satchel charges which took them all out just in time. Then a plane shot me....

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By super_machine

I have a few.  I was in a serious dog fight and the other player bailed out when he took too much damage. As he was parachuting I dropped my bomb as I passed over him and killed him. Another unforgettable moment was on Iwo Jima. The enemy team took the control point next to the airport. I could see the red enemy icon behind the ridge between the airfield and the bunker control point. I planted three charges on my jeep and took off at full speed, launching my jeep over the ridge and bailing out in mid air. As soon as I hit the ground I blew my charges just as the jeep landed next to the guy and killed him.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By FireBurger

I have a bunch of memorable moments, but one was on Iwo Jima. I was in a fighter and I saw a tank and an infantryman trying to cap Mt. Suribachi. I wasn't in a good position for a bombing run so I just took a direct angle in and a few feet from the ground dropped my bombs and bailed out. The fighter and bombs slammed into the tank blowing it up and I was able to survive the fall and kill the infantryman with my rifle then recap the flag.

It's also always fun to start pulling the trigger before coming out of the bombing run and kill the guy who's been drooling over what he thought was an easy kill.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By keyhunter

Occasionally at the beginning of a game I'll hop in a boat with a gunner, cruise over to the enemy Aircraft carrier, and then with two boat guns blazing proceed to smoke 5 or 6 boats filled with people.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pie
    @PeasForFees said:
    " @Pie: Can you Parachute Kick like in MOH Airborne The ultimate shame in that was getting that done to you with the guy coming into the window "
    You can not
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By breadfan

Me and my friend got into planes and flew as high as you could then jumped out and parachuted down to the ground and shanked fools in our chutes

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Griddler

I only played the trial and I'm buying it at the end of the week but for me it was when I was the sniper 
    and had a tank and about 3 guys running at me so I threw some explosives on the ground, hid behind a rock and as soon as they went past... KABLAMMOO.. 'twas awesome

DEWMAN_08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DEWMAN_08

Anytime I get a headshot while the enemy is running.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By mfpantst

Ok so i played with a squad for my first time last night, and thus had some of the greatest moments in my experience last night.

1) We were on Guadalcanal at the flag point where the air raid is, (Village, or Outpost I forget the name) and I was coming up to the flag area as a scout.  Over the hill crests a couple of enemy tanks actively engaging a friendly in the house right next to the flag.  I pulled out my demo kit and threw one pack of TNT in the closest tank, ran away a bit and exploded.  Goodbye tank number one.  Then I turned to tank 2 and even though I imagine by this time I've been spotted these old tanks can't turn their turrets fast enough and I get in tank kill number 2 with my second of three demo charges.  I saved the guy trapped in the house and escaped with my life.  Then I realize that I have one demo pack left and would rather have three.  So I drop my demo pack next to the flag, figuring that's the end of this wave.  I run to next to one of the sniper towers and explode my pack.  As my demo kit reloads, enemy tank number three crests the same hill on the other side of the house next to the flag, obviously having seen the trap a sneaky scout can lay for a tank.  His first shot hits me in the FACE and I die.  I scream, "What the fuck a third tank?"  as I wait for the respawn.

2) Another time, we found there were only two guys playing the enemy team.  We were also on Guadalcanal.  So we started racing tanks, and had captured all the flags and all the tanks.  Then we decided to jeep race and noticed that both players left the other team so there literally was no other team.  We come to one of the hilltop bunkers and get out to suddenly find ourselves in a major firefight.  Turns out in the time it took to drive in a jeep from the enemy base to the nearest hilltop, an entire team of 8 joined the other side and began to fight.  We were still goofing around and all the sudden had to pull our shit together.  Of course, since most of that game was spent with no opposing team, we won almost instantly.

3) Final story, not nearly as good as the others.  We were playing Iwo Jima and my squadmate and I were scouts on top of the lighthouse.  Turns out if you get close enough to the edge and aim you can throw demo packs all the way out about twenty feet to the ground.  So we hid and waiting until a pack of two tanks came for us.  I think I got one tank when he got bored and ran in to the flag area, but eventually the firefight ended with us dead, and the enemy team taking the lighthouse.  Let me say though, that seeing a tank shell fly literally over your shoulder is totally cool.

phonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By phonics

45-0 just sitting in a tank on Iwo Jima lighthouse.

Most of the people playing this seem to have the situational awareness of a deafmuteblind guy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.