Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1943

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 08, 2009

Return to the Pacific Theater in this simpler, downloadable, console-exclusive sequel to the massive World War II first-person shooter Battlefield 1942. It was later shut down on December 2023.

Why must we wait?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

This game isnt going to come out until september for PC, am i the only one who thinks this is stupid? What can they possibly being doing to the game that requires such a delay, they wont add anything as far as we know and its still going to have the low player cap. (They could at least add support for 32) They better add Something, the graphics might have a little bit more polish, but from what i have seen they are good enough on consoles that improving them on PC wouldnt be worth the time.

So, is anyone else angry about the delay? Or does anyone know why they are doing this to us?

Kazu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Kazu666

They are doing it cos PC gaming is slowly dying and consoles are were the main market is. :P

On a less moronic note, i have no idea, seems a bit weird, but you'll probably have more content so....find happiness in that?
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mikemcn
    @Kazu666 said:
    "They are doing it cos PC gaming is slowly dying and consoles are were the main market is. :P

On a less moronic note, i have no idea, seems a bit weird, but you'll probably have more content so....find happiness in that?
    "

I doubt it........ and please dont start a pc gaming is dying argument, once they start they never seem to end
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

I wonder if we'll ever eventually see sales figures for how this game did on 360 & PS3 vs the PC?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mikemcn
    @MB said:
    "I wonder if we'll ever eventually see sales figures for how this game did on 360 & PS3 vs the PC? "

I bet it will do best on 360, but PC is the original home of battlefield, so alot of fans are there for it and with heroes, theres even more people looking for BF on PC
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Hamz

I believe they've delayed the game on the PC to try and improve it for the PC community. Things like higher player caps, classes and health systems as well as more technical stuff like visual quality, performance and perhaps even maps or game modes.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mikemcn
    @Hamz said:
    "I believe they've delayed the game on the PC to try and improve it for the PC community. Things like higher player caps, classes and health systems as well as more technical stuff like visual quality, performance and perhaps even maps or game modes. "

If you have a link for that i'd be delighted, i hope thats what they are doing, maps and player cap changes would be cool, because right now that game seems somewhat limited in comparison to all the other games in the series. Thanks for lifting my spirits.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jayge_

Hopefully they're taking the time to add some fucking anti-aliasing, shit.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Hamz
    @Mikemcn: This article sort of outlines DICE's decision to delay the PC version.
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Out_On_Bail

From what I can remember they delayed it because they wanted to make sure it was right for the PC. They didn't want to just port it over as that wouldn't be prudent. :)

primehunter326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By primehunter326
    @Hamz said:
    " I believe they've delayed the game on the PC to try and improve it for the PC community. Things like higher player caps, classes and health systems as well as more technical stuff like visual quality, performance and perhaps even maps or game modes. "
    That would be nice.  I'd always wanted to get into battlefield but 1943 on XBLA is t he first one I've gotten (I tried heroes too but it sucks).  I hope I won't regret buying it on the console when the PC version is released, though on the other hand I would also like to play a "real" battlefield game with more players, more classes etc...
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mikemcn
    @primehunter326 said:
    "@Hamz said:
    " I believe they've delayed the game on the PC to try and improve it for the PC community. Things like higher player caps, classes and health systems as well as more technical stuff like visual quality, performance and perhaps even maps or game modes. "
    That would be nice.  I'd always wanted to get into battlefield but 1943 on XBLA is t he first one I've gotten (I tried heroes too but it sucks).  I hope I won't regret buying it on the console when the PC version is released, though on the other hand I would also like to play a "real" battlefield game with more players, more classes etc..."

Ya heroes does kinda suck, but im forced to play it because i crave BF and i have no other way of playing it, For a real BF game, i reinstalled BF2, but i cant update it without it crashing for some reason, and the people who play on the non 1.41 patch servers are idiots, so Heroes is my best bet.
    primehunter326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By primehunter326
    @Mikemcn said:
    " @primehunter326 said:
    "@Hamz said:
    That would be nice.  I'd always wanted to get into battlefield but 1943 on XBLA is t he first one I've gotten (I tried heroes too but it sucks).  I hope I won't regret buying it on the console when the PC version is released, though on the other hand I would also like to play a "real" battlefield game with more players, more classes etc..."
    Ya heroes does kinda suck, but im forced to play it because i crave BF and i have no other way of playing it, For a real BF game, i reinstalled BF2, but i cant update it without it crashing for some reason, and the people who play on the non 1.41 patch servers are idiots, so Heroes is my best bet. "
    Yeah I'm leaning away from getting BF2 at this point since it's been out for so long and I presume the community's died out for the most part except for the super dedicated and cheaters.
    Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Benjaminvdv

Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps they are adding new stuff to the PC version... but the most logical answer is probably the right one, which is that they do this so they can money of it...
    Every release which includes the PC version from the start, or even before the console versions and up being bad for business, everyone just copies game etc, by releasing games first on the consoles more people actually pay for their product.

The same is happening with so many games these days, hell Crytek was even "forced" to stop being mostly PC exclusive because of the massive copying. The PC is just a bad platform to release games on.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Babble
    @Mikemcn:

PC games have to be optimized for a variety of platoforms and system specs. When you develop for a console you know that everyone is on the same platform, and what works will work across the board.
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By FireBurger

I think they said that they were doing it in part because they've never used Frostbite (the engine) on PC before. I remember them saying PC players won't be disappointed which may mean they're adding extra stuff or at least upping the player cap.

I'm just glad they let word of BF3 slip. I've been waiting since 2005 for another "full" BF PC game.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kohe321

I'm enjoying it on my xbox now, but I think I'll get it on the PC as well when it comes out. The game is really awesome on consoles, though.

Wehooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wehooo

I heard an interview with DICE on a swedish gaming podcast and the reason seems to be that the Frostbite-engine has not been used in any PC game yet and it will take some additional time for them to port it.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mikemcn
    @Wehooo said:
    "I heard an interview with DICE on a swedish gaming podcast and the reason seems to be that the Frostbite-engine has not been used in any PC game yet and it will take some additional time for them to port it. "

Id be glad if that were the case and they just werent being lazy, they started off as PC developers anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.