Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 2

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 21, 2005

DICE's large-scale multiplayer shooter moves to the present day in this acclaimed sequel, whose online community has remained active for nearly a decade.

Is this game just impossible to get into now?

luchadeer797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By luchadeer797

So I've been playing bad company 2 now for a few months and combined with the announcement of battlefield 3 I've been thinking about playing battlefield 2. The only problem is that I know that battlefield 2 is a pretty hardcore game so I was wondering if it would be easy to get into or if it would be an annoying pain in the ass. Thanks! 

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By gearhead

Don't even bother man. With the amazing skills that guys have at flying planes alone, you will get annoyed at this game. Stick with Bad Company 2 which you have already gotten good at.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By sodiumCyclops

If you can get really good at BC2, BF2 shouldn't be a massive step up but it is a much tougher game online.

It's not like walking into Counter Strike as a complete n00b.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @twstdsniper:  if you're here for the 1.5 patched game thats all realistic and un-fun, i cant be bothered answering you 

if you want to give the REAL BF2 a try, the 1.0 moddable box of joy, please do try the game :)  its not too late, there are still a bunch of good and well modded servers around, though the game's better days have definitely long passed..
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DonPixel
    @twstdsniper said:

" So I've been playing bad company 2 now for a few months and combined with the announcement of battlefield 3 I've been thinking about playing battlefield 2. The only problem is that I know that battlefield 2 is a pretty hardcore game so I was wondering if it would be easy to get into or if it would be an annoying pain in the ass. Thanks!  "

I have 30 days played in Battlefield 2.. It´s not a game to take lightly, aside from building a good "shoot skill" you need to know wha the hell is going on in the maps, what to do with vehicles, structures etc.. knowing people and having a team make it much much better,  

so i don´t know it´s cheap nowadays I think you should give it a try it´s the most engrossing FPS multiplayer I have ever play.     

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.