Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 2042

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Nov 12, 2021

Battlefield 2042 features 128-player battles across seven maps that span across the globe with more customizable options than ever before.

The next-gen console versions are more expensive than the last-gen consoles and PC versions.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Dear Battlefield and EA fans

Oh no, it appears that their publisher (EA) has increased the price for PS5 and Xbox Series X versions of Battlefield 2042 standard edition from $59.99 to $69.99, it's exactly like Sony Interactive Entertainment on how they did to some of their PS5's first parties.

Standard Edition

• Xbox One: $59.99
    • PS4: $59.99
    • PC: $59.99
    • Xbox Series X: $69.99
    • PS5: $69.99

Gold Edition

• Xbox One: $99.99
    • PS4: $99.99
    • Xbox Series X: $99.99
    • PS5: $99.99
    • PC: $89.99

Ultimate Edition

• Xbox One: $119.99
    • PS4: $119.99
    • Xbox Series X: $119.99
    • PS5: $119.99
    • PC: $109.99

Link to an article: Battlefield 2042 is priced higher on PS5 and Xbox Series X than PC and last-gen | GamesRadar+

Well if I want to buy the next-gen console version, I have to deal with it but I still hope the prices will drop when game publishers, in general, respond to backlashes.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 24

Price is bond to rise. One can choose to buy less.

donutello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By donutello

I don't see much of a backlash against $70 to be honest.

Also i'm curious about EU pricing, games from Sony are $70/80€ for some reason, so in Europe that translate to $101 in my country. Standart edition.

I like games, but i would never pay that much for a game. But i don't have a time or interest to be part of reddit or twitter outcry against publishers. They have clear goal: more money, and after that even more. I don't believe peple can change that. So i just simply don't participate in that "hype/spoiler FOMO culture" and don't buy at launch or at full price. Big nope.

BoyNukem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Finally, justification for my £1600 PC purchase.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FIFA & COD have both been priced at $70 and are as casual as they come, neither have gotten any backlash. Both consoles are still instantly selling out and driving next gen titles instantly back into the charts, with that $70 price tag.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

$80 CAN for new games, I basically don't buy new for that reason. I don't find it hard to play interesting games from steep sales, PS+, etc. Can't get away with it on the Switch but luckily there's a local video game store where I can get away with finding stuff for $35-$55 sometimes.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

$69 for a PS5 or Series X version.

...Nice.

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As expected, EA's greed knows no bounds.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As expected, EA's greed knows no bounds.

Yeah right, EA had been like this since the 2010s decade.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By judaspete

This happened when games jumped from $50 to $60usd as well. PC got a few years reprieve before they went up too.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: Well, all I know newer generation of full retail games on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox's development costs are more expensive than before.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's expensive for a game with DLC, micro transactions, season pass and whatever else.

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza said:

@facelessvixen: Well, all I know newer generation of full retail games on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox's development costs are more expensive than before.

Yet wages have not increased. I feel like if you're going to increase the price of games it should reflect the market cost but as well as what is genuinely affordable by most people. $80 for an incomplete game is not acceptable by any means.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This happened when games jumped from $50 to $60usd as well. PC got a few years reprieve before they went up too.

Oh, I see about that.

Error52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

FIFA & COD have both been priced at $70 and are as casual as they come, neither have gotten any backlash. Both consoles are still instantly selling out and driving next gen titles instantly back into the charts, with that $70 price tag.

To be fair, FIFA still offered a free last-gen upgrade. So I don't think anybody actually bought the stand-alone PS5/Series versions. Especially when it was on sale when the PS5/Series versions came out.

"Hmm, I could spend $/£70 on the stand-alone PS5/Series versions, or I could spend $/£30, and get both the last-gen and current-gen versions. I don't know what to pick!"

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have enjoyed most of the other BF games, and I have put hundreds of hours into each one. Therefore, 70 USD for the Series X version does not seem that unreasonable to me. Actually, with Game Pass Ultimate, I think I can get it for around 63 USD.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.