Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Alpha players get a free game if they pre-order from origin.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

If you were in alpha and pre-order BF3 on origin within the next 3 days you can get Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2, or Medal of Honor for free. I don't know if this is old, I just got an email about it 3 seconds ago.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DonPixel

really ? I haven't receive such mail and I did all that

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By GJSmitty

That sucks, I didn't get Alpha, but I would totally pre-order from Origin if it meant that I would get Dead Space 2 for free.  Since I won't, I'll still wait and see if it gets on Steam

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Th3_James

I hope its on steam. If not i will buy a boxed copy

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By EuanDewar
    m0rdr3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By m0rdr3d
    @grant742 said:

That sucks, I didn't get Alpha, but I would totally pre-order from Origin if it meant that I would get Dead Space 2 for free.  Since I won't, I'll still wait and see if it gets on Steam

Same here.  It would take something like ME2 or DS2 to get me buying from them.  I recently shopped them for the Crysis Maximum Edition and they didn't even have it for DL....It's their game!  Not a good sign.
    deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By deanoxd

i will go back to the alpha once some at ea/dice lets me map my controls the to the keys i want until then i have no desire in playing it.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DonPixel
    @Th3_James

I hope its on steam. If not i will buy a boxed copy

god.. really this again?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By CL60
    @DonPixel said:
    really ? I haven't receive such mail and I did all that
    Yup, here's the email. 

No Caption Provided
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I have all three games so i'm not interested. 

And even if i were, i can't not have a Battlefield box, i just can't.. already pre-ordered from GAME.co.uk, I can't wait for that box!

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EuanDewar

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

I have all three games so i'm not interested. And even if i were, i can't not have a Battlefield box, i just can't.. already pre-ordered from GAME.co.uk, I can't wait for that box!

I didn't know you live in the UK. This is news to me, news that will come in helpful in the future.

roughneck117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By roughneck117

@DeanoXD: Dude the Alpha is over, the servers have been taken down already. The next time you go back will be on September, if you go back, for the beta.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deanoxd

@roughneck117 said:

@DeanoXD: Dude the Alpha is over, the servers have been taken down already. The next time you go back will be on September, if you go back, for the beta.

well i guess that shows how much interest i had in playing it :) i will most likely get a beta invite but it doesn't really matter i have no plans to play the PC version

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By warxsnake

I'll have to figure out if you can gift. cause i was in the alpha and i already have all those games, would be cool to gift one.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Evilmetal

they are really pushing digital downloads. I don't like digital downloads of games. There is no box. There is nothing physical about the purchase... it feels like a phantom to me; like the product has no value. When I buy something I want to hold it, to feel it... "It's in my possession" .

You know what digital downloads mean to me?  Paying for the bootleg copy. You see, newbies, in the olden days you would download bootleg games online . Those games were, as you now call them, digital downloads.  I was a part of those days, so to me throwing down $60 today (real fucking money) for a digital download, is fucked up.  However for a physical retail copy.... that's different. However the difference is decreasing since boxed versions may not even include a manual, maybe just a petty PDF. They are eroding the physical copy to make you feel like digital downloads are the same, when in fact certain benefits will be lost.

Sure I have some games on Steam, but those were all cheap.. on average $5 each title.  I don't mind no physical stuff for cheap products for I see them as a small economic loss. However for $60... I want something to show for it and not just to show for it on my monitor.... but in the real. To who? to myself. "That's mine, that's mine too... I own this, I own that".

These companies just want to get away with charging $60 for permission to run the software. That's the idea. Look at how they are giving games away with BF3. If you call up EA tech support and complain about a service they may throw in a free game (non-physical) . Steam does the same too... the false bans with MW2 had Steam giving L4D2 away for free and also other examples....  Giving away these products is nothing, they're digital. No box to pay for, no paper, no discs... but they send a psychological message to you:  "We grant you permission"  , "We grant you access" to the game. This sends a subliminal message, "kneel down bitches, you don't own shit" .  Yeah... let's see you trade in your digital game..... ohhhhhh shit son, you can't; or even give it to a friend for free (after you have first played it - to give your own copy away).  

Though the last couple issues/concerns I expressed above can be solved with a few lines of code here and there, so I believe they'll do it in the near future when enough people have been acclimated with their digital game downloads phenomenon. But with respect to the physicality, to the buying something and it's in your possession and it's yours and you can do with it as you like, aspect of actually owning a game and having it on hand, digital downloads remove this 'freedom'.  They want you to understand that when they say "Jump" , you will say "How high?". That's all. Do you accept?

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pinworm45

FYI just get the game on d2d it's 10% off compared to origin.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By UnrealDP

@EuanDewar:

Whoa, how did i miss that?

I've already given EA a little too much money through the old digital store and i'm kinda burned from that. I'm just gonna buy a console version or a boxed copy depending on how well my pc can run it.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By Marz

hmmm, i already have Mass Effect 2 and Medal of Honor... Dead Space 2 is a 25$ value....  but I'm not a huge horror genre fan...  Tough choice :(   I was really thinking of just picking up a disc version of Battlefield 3.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Evilsbane

@Evilmetal said:

they send a psychological message to you: "We grant you permission" , "We grant you access" to the game. This sends a subliminal message, "kneel down bitches, you don't own shit" .

Heres the break in your logic, if for any reason I lost access to my decently large collection of games off Steam due to them going down or whatever they would lose everything, No one would buy from them ever again it would be a black mark on a companies record that up until now is pretty flawless, it is in NO ones best internet to think like your thinking its bad for business, if for any reason they had to stop doing the service they would have to find a work around so people could keep access to their stuff, If I or the other 2million+ steam users lost access to stuff we've paid significant money for Valve would be drowning in lawsuits, one of them would sure as hell be mine I have spent over a grand on these 'permissions' and I damn well plan to keep em.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DonPixel

@Pinworm45 said:

FYI just get the game on d2d it's 10% off compared to origin.

That's cool.

I pre-order it in Origin because of the bonus stuff, but anyway just get the games wherever they cheap and appeal to your convenience.. The if no Steam no Buy nonsense it's just retarded.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#21  Edited By Wemibelle

Anyone like me and wondered what happens if you set this all up and simply cancel the preorder down the line?  Since the purchase wouldn't charge until the game's release (I assume), would they pull access to your free copy of which game you picked?
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just got that, and own all three of those games on PC.  I want a physical copy anyways, as I love to have my favorite game's boxes on my shelf.

@Marz said:

hmmm, i already have Mass Effect 2 and Medal of Honor... Dead Space 2 is a 25$ value....  but I'm not a huge horror genre fan...  Tough choice :(   I was really thinking of just picking up a disc version of Battlefield 3.
    I would honestly consider Dead Space 2 to be more of a gory third person shooters with a few (literally a few, after the first few they are never effective, the first game did it much better in my opinion) jump scares than horror.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @EuanDewar said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

I have all three games so i'm not interested. And even if i were, i can't not have a Battlefield box, i just can't.. already pre-ordered from GAME.co.uk, I can't wait for that box!

I didn't know you live in the UK. This is news to me, news that will come in helpful in the future.

i'm not!
    RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By RIDEBIRD

I was in the alpha I'm getting it on Origin, but I can't yet since I'm broke. Luckily I already have ME2 and DS2, and I pirated the MoH SP and was in the MP beta for it. MoH is a pretty awful shooter, especially in multiplayer, so I'm not too interested. Thanks for the heads up however, I seem to not have gotten this mail.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By Bollard

Damn, if my internet didn't suck I'd move my pre-order from game.co.uk to Origin. Ah well, I like discs. 

Also, have you guys heard about the early beta access for MOH pre-orders? I really hope none of you bought MOH just to get in to the beta, because you only get 48 HOURS early access. The comments section has so much rage, see here: 

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/08/04/presenting-all-pre-order-offers-for-battlefield-3-limited-edition.aspx 

Oh yeah, and you get in early for pre-ordering on Origin too.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By PhatSeeJay

The only real reason I have to pre-order on Origin is to preload the game for release. But I'm buying retail simply because I prefer physical copies. Not to mention at least $10 cheaper than Origin, and whatever price Steam would have had up if they had the game.

Also have both MoH and ME2 already and not too interested in Dead Space 2 so. It's a nice deal though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.