Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

B-Roll 'Caspian Border' Trailer - 2min of MOAR AWESOME

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Courtesy of PixelEnemy. They got the B-Roll footage for the 'Caspian Border' Trailer at PAX Prime - adding 2 minutes of additional awesome to the known footage. It's a bit pixelated and there's no in-game sound, but damn some of those new snippets make my mouth water and my nipples hard with excitement. Enjoy!

¨
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Marz

I really like the song, it has a little splash of Dream Theater to it.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BraveToaster

Damn, that looks good. I really need a gaming PC.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By big_jon

Good!

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This game is going to destroy my GTX 465 and the 570 if I buy it :(  There's going to be an ultra setting in the game and I could only run it on high at 30 - 40 FPS in the alpha with my current rig.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By scarace360

Im really gonna feel bad when i miss out on it for EAs Bullshit.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Seppli
    @scarace360 said:

Like what? Should I feel some sting? I see EA fighting piracy and second hand sales. I see EA getting competitive with Steam. Perfectly normal behaviour with zero impact on my enjoyment of BF3.

From a purely 'games' perspective, EA's line-up is intensely awesome. You really must have a very twisted sense of justice, if you miss out on EA's stuff to make a point.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By scarace360
    @Seppli said:
    @scarace360 said:

Like what? Should I feel some sting? I see EA fighting piracy and second hand sales. I see EA getting competitive with Steam. Perfectly normal behaviour with zero impact on my enjoyment of BF3.  From a purely 'games' perspective, EA's line-up is intensely awesome. You really must have a very twisted sense of justice, if you miss out on EA's stuff to make a point.
    Getting competitive with steam is one thing just dont take it away from another place just because you dont wanna pay the price of doing business. Also dont launch a a service when it is inferior to the thing your trying to be competitive with. And no you shouldnt feel a sting you may wanna talk to a doctor about that.
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Bollard
    @xobballox said: 
    This game is going to destroy my GTX 465 and the 570 if I buy it :(  There's going to be an ultra setting in the game and I could only run it on high at 30 - 40 FPS in the alpha with my current rig.
    My 580 could only maintain about 55fps outside in the Alpha, so I'm pretty sad that I probably won't run Ultra at the 60fps I'm used to :/ Indoors I could get up to 80, but yeah. I need me a second one! 

@Marz said: 
    You've got a point! Tis pretty dope song indeed.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Jeffsekai

@scarace360 said:

@Seppli said:
    @scarace360 said:

Like what? Should I feel some sting? I see EA fighting piracy and second hand sales. I see EA getting competitive with Steam. Perfectly normal behaviour with zero impact on my enjoyment of BF3. From a purely 'games' perspective, EA's line-up is intensely awesome. You really must have a very twisted sense of justice, if you miss out on EA's stuff to make a point.
    Getting competitive with steam is one thing just dont take it away from another place just because you dont wanna pay the price of doing business. Also dont launch a a service when it is inferior to the thing your trying to be competitive with. And no you shouldnt feel a sting you may wanna talk to a doctor about that.

People still think EA took it down? Steam won't let them put BF3 up because of how EA wants to interact with players.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Seppli
    @Jeffsekai said:

@scarace360 said:

@Seppli said:

@scarace360 said:

Like what? Should I feel some sting? I see EA fighting piracy and second hand sales. I see EA getting competitive with Steam. Perfectly normal behaviour with zero impact on my enjoyment of BF3. From a purely 'games' perspective, EA's line-up is intensely awesome. You really must have a very twisted sense of justice, if you miss out on EA's stuff to make a point.
    Getting competitive with steam is one thing just dont take it away from another place just because you dont wanna pay the price of doing business. Also dont launch a a service when it is inferior to the thing your trying to be competitive with. And no you shouldnt feel a sting you may wanna talk to a doctor about that.

People still think EA took it down? Steam won't let them put BF3 up because of how EA wants to interact with players.

EA is pushing to increase their Origin service's digital direct sales. Steam had lots of EA games on its service which were interacting with their customers in that way before they took measures against EA. Only when EA started to push Origin more aggressively did they pull EA's games to apply pressure - unfriendly negotiations I'd call that.

EA didn't take their content off Steam, they just got a lot more serious about their own digital distribution service. The spin on this story is quite heavily in favor of Valve, despite them essentially trying to enforce their service as a monopol with mob tactics - well, I guess that's just another double standard to add to my list of why I hate people and politics.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Chavtheworld said:
    @xobballox said: 
    My 580 could only maintain about 55fps outside in the Alpha, so I'm pretty sad that I probably won't run Ultra at the 60fps I'm used to :/ Indoors I could get up to 80, but yeah. I need me a second one! 

@Marz said: 
    You would need a MONSTER of a power supply to SLI two 580s wouldn't you?

I would be happy with ~50-60 outside on high for now, I may pick me up a 580.  Though I suspect outside on the 64 player conquest maps it's going to kill the frame-rate a bit more than that alpha map.
    amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By amomjc

@xobballox said:

@Chavtheworld said:
    @xobballox said:
    This game is going to destroy my GTX 465 and the 570 if I buy it :( There's going to be an ultra setting in the game and I could only run it on high at 30 - 40 FPS in the alpha with my current rig.

@Marz said:
    You would need a MONSTER of a power supply to SLI two 580s wouldn't you? I would be happy with ~50-60 outside on high for now, I may pick me up a 580. Though I suspect outside on the 64 player conquest maps it's going to kill the frame-rate a bit more than that alpha map.

You guys are really making me sad...I only have a GT260 and I am on the verge of tearing!

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By scarace360
    @Seppli said:
    @Jeffsekai said:

@scarace360 said:

@Seppli said:

@scarace360 said:

EA is pushing to increase their Origin service's digital direct sales. Steam had lots of EA games on its service which were interacting with their customers in that way before they took measures against EA. Only when EA started to push Origin more aggressively did they pull EA's games to apply pressure - unfriendly negotiations I'd call that.  EA didn't take their content off Steam, they just got a lot more serious about their own digital distribution service. The spin on this story is quite heavily in favor of Valve, despite them essentially trying to enforce their service as a monopol with mob tactics - well, I guess that's just another double standard to add to my list of why I hate people and politics.
    Also the way EA is talking to activison about call of duty.  And how does EA want to interact with there costumers that valve dosent like enough that they would take there games down.
    DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DAFTPUNK

looks great!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Seppli
    @scarace360 said:

@Seppli said:

@Jeffsekai said:

@scarace360 said:

@Seppli said:

@scarace360 said:

EA is pushing to increase their Origin service's digital direct sales. Steam had lots of EA games on its service which were interacting with their customers in that way before they took measures against EA. Only when EA started to push Origin more aggressively did they pull EA's games to apply pressure - unfriendly negotiations I'd call that.  EA didn't take their content off Steam, they just got a lot more serious about their own digital distribution service. The spin on this story is quite heavily in favor of Valve, despite them essentially trying to enforce their service as a monopol with mob tactics - well, I guess that's just another double standard to add to my list of why I hate people and politics.
    Also the way EA is talking to activison about call of duty.  And how does EA want to interact with there costumers that valve dosent like enough that they would take there games down.
    Woot? EA pretty much has the most available and lenient and helpful customer support in the bizz. What's wrong with taking jabs at Activision anyways? Either way, I cannot quite make out what exactly you want to say. Grammar and such.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to play this on my xbox.

// initiate flamewar.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Bollard
    @xobballox said:
    @Chavtheworld said:
    @xobballox said: 

@Marz said: 
    You would need a MONSTER of a power supply to SLI two 580s wouldn't you?  I would be happy with ~50-60 outside on high for now, I may pick me up a 580.  Though I suspect outside on the 64 player conquest maps it's going to kill the frame-rate a bit more than that alpha map.
    I was thinking the same about the outdoors conquest maps. We'll have to see, because I also reckon the full game should be better optimised than the Alpha, surely? Also I can confirm on a 580 you wouldn't even notice that it ever dropped below 60 on high, so I reckon it'll be a good bet. One day though I will run BF3 on Ultra! 

@csoup: I swear Ahmed managed to run it on an 8800gt or something (don't take my word on that, although I know he hadn't upgraded at the time), so I'm sure the game will run for you, maybe on medium?
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By scarace360
    @Seppli said:
    @scarace360 said:

@Seppli said:

@Jeffsekai said:

@scarace360 said:

@Seppli said:

@scarace360 said:

Woot? EA pretty much has the most available and lenient and helpful customer support in the bizz. What's wrong with taking jabs at Activision anyways? Either way, I cannot quite make out what exactly you want to say. Grammar and such.
    Sorry that my grammar is terrible. I have had alot of problems with EAs customers support.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Jimbo

TrackIR support plz.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Jackel2072

thinking about getting another GTX560 ti for this

drmadhatten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By drmadhatten

This looks really great! Honestly I think this is the next step toward the future. Intensity and all.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Ramone

This reminds how much I need to get a PC and how much I can't afford to get one at the same time.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Seppli
    @Ramone said:

This reminds how much I need to get a PC and how much I can't afford to get one at the same time.

Haven't you got payment plans where you're at? I always see advertisements for kickass rigs with affordable payment plans.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.