Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Battlefield 3 PREMIUM is Awesome

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

The problems with beefy post-launch content support is multifold, most prevalent is the increasing 'clusterfucking' of the community with every further piece of DLC. With PREMIUM, everybody whom's got a P next to their name is set and ready to go for the whole flippin' ride. I really hope everybody remotely into BF3 will join up for the full BF3 experience. I think I will be very happy in the new binary world of Premium and Regular. I'm sure glad I can be premium and be set for life! Hoping B2K comes back in style again.

What's your take on BF 3 Premium and stuff like CoD Elite? To me, for these type of games, it makes a world of sense.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By xdaknightx69

i would get the "P" if EA didn't screw up the price where i live because some players used proxies to get it cheaper. so if i want premium I'm paying almost 2x the price of the original game. anyways the only expansion that I'm interested in is armored kill and maybe the other 2. might get armored kill if i like what i see.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By awesomeusername

I see no point in premium since it's been about a month since I jumped into BF3. Getting a bit tired of FPS games and my friends are playing different games so I have no reason to get on at the moment. I'm really tired of the maps too and I have no intention of buying Close Quarters since I dislike tight maps. Also, knife skins and dog tags don't matter to me AND I could care less about getting maps another week earlier. I'd rather spend my money on a new game.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @xdaknightx69 said:

might get armored kill if i like what i see.

*cumface*
    49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By 49th

Not a fan of paying for maps and stuff in multiplayer games at all.

Plus I sporadically play BF3 so it's not really worth it.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6  Edited By natetodamax

@AhmadMetallic said:

@xdaknightx69 said:

*cumface*

There's longer gameplay footage out there. G4TV showed a little demo during their E3 coverage.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Sin4profit

i was pissed i had the opportunity to pay half off for the Ultimate Shortcut kit but i didn't know that until AFTER i paid for Premium...i own Premium why can't that shit just be half off to everyone on a premium account.

Unlocks in games are fun and all but only up to a point and at this point they're just kind of a grind, i'd like to enjoy the game for what it is but stressing out over forcing myself into doing something just to unlock a new thing just burns me out of these types of things.

I feel like i could enjoy the game more if i wasn't still chasing the overwrought carrot.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Solh0und
    @49th said:

Not a fan of paying for maps and stuff in multiplayer games at all.

Plus I sporadically play BF3 so it's not really worth it.

Then you'll go gaga for Starhawk since all of the DLC will be free..if you have a PS3 that is. 

On topic:  I plan to buy premium since I'm getting kind of tired of playing on the default maps as it is. Hopefully the new content is enough for me to keep my game for another 7 months.
    xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xdaknightx69

@Voxel said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@xdaknightx69 said:

*cumface*

There's longer gameplay footage out there. G4TV showed a little demo during their E3 coverage.

yup seen the videos and liking it so far. MOAR tanks/choppers the better.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Strife777

Watching TNT made me want to play again. It's been a couple of months. I'm going to buy Premium.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By mosdl

They need to update Battelog, the maps list is crazy long now.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jayjonesjunior

Just finished a match in which i was first the whole game but since i don't have PREMIUM everybody but me got double xp and i was put in close to last place.

not to mention the obnoxious orange PREMIUM option in the menus and a popup telling me about the wonders of PREMIUM everytime i open the game.

Nice Job EA.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Subjugation

I bit, but I'm still miffed that they went back on their "we're not charging for dlc" line.

Heylook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Heylook

@jayjonesjunior said:

Just finished a match in which i was first the whole game but since i don't have PREMIUM everybody but me got double xp and i was put in close to last place.

not to mention the obnoxious orange PREMIUM option in the menus and a popup telling me about the wonders of PREMIUM everytime i open the game.

Nice Job EA.

The double XP doesn't show up in the scoreboard, that's just your class score. Double XP (while you do receive it during the game) only factors into your total soldier score. It basically acts the same as ribbons or medals, if you get a 10k medal the score on the scoreboard doesn't go up 10k.

For example. In my last game my score was 8k, after the match was over i got an additional 94k from double xp but the my score on the board was still 8k.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By korolev

It makes sense if you really like those games. If you're a BF3 or COD enthusiast and you play those games all the time, then these packages make sense, and I'm sure you'll get your money's worth.

I, on the other hand, get bored of Multiplayer very quickly. The only Mulitplayer game that ever held my interest for long was TF2 (200+ hours) but I got bored of even that game eventually and I stopped playing. I've stopped playing BF3, and the idea of paying more to play more BF3 doesn't interest me, since I get bored very easily. I'm not saying BF3 is a boring game - it's probably a very tactical and exciting game for those who put in the hours to master its mechanics and levels. I'm saying that I get bored of any game very easily.

So I won't be picking up Battlefield Premium or CoD Elite. I've had my 30 to 40 hours of those games when they came out. New levels would be interesting for an hour or two at most - then I'd stop playing the game.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jayjonesjunior

@Heylook: it shows on battlelog (battle reports)

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Rohok

Seems like more ways to milk money from customers. I paid outright for a game, I shouldn't have to pay anymore money after that.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By DJJoeJoe

If I hadn't already bought the first expansion then I would feel like the season pass was more of a benefit. Also I don't really play the game that often, and all of my friends don't really play games that much and have stopped playing as well.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Seppli

@jayjonesjunior said:

Nice Job EA.

There's always the option to not play on premium servers. As a Premium player, I dig the double XP incentive, especially now that I'm willing to get back into the game. Leveling up became such a slog, once I hit lvl 45. Kinda neat getting a lvl-up for every decent playsession during the double XP weekend.

It's admittedly odd, that scoring is affected by double XP though - seems pretty careless to me.

@Subjugation said:

I bit, but I'm still miffed that they went back on their "we're not charging for dlc" line.

BF:BC 2's free DLC was mostly a sham, and EA/DICE shot themselves in their own foot with that statement. I had quite the debate going over at the EA UK forums on this topic. I'm glad we're past it now. BF3's DLC support is excellent, we would never have gotten this beefy post-launch content for free.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mosdl

BF2 had paid expansions, I don't see what the problem is.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Wemibelle

I've been considering it. I didn't play the game much when I got it (around Christmas) and am trying to get decent at it. Not seeing much of a point of buying maps when I still need to get better at the old ones.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

For that price, fuck no. I'll just buy the map packs I actually want and the extra stuff doesn't interest me. If it was a lower price I would jump on it. I decided if it was 30 bucks or lower I would definitely get it, but 50, hell no.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By laserbolts

If I play a game enough I have no issue with buying the season pass since i'd probably end up buying all the DLC anyways. I play BF3 maybe once every couple weeks so it's not worth it for me.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By infininja
    @Subjugation said:

This sounds like a misquote. Later that year they released Vietnam, which included maps. They had also released expansions for previous games. It's pretty ridiculous to expect them to not continue releasing expansions for Battlefield 3.
    Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Subjugation

@Infininja: That is indeed the article I was thinking about. Looks like I was mistaken.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Kyle

I might be willing to upgrade had I not already payed the premium-enough price of sixty dollars for the game itself. I am far from willing to pay almost as much for future content that I have no guarantee of liking. I certainly have no interest in the Close Quarters pack.

Descadent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Descadent

@mosdl said:

BF2 had paid expansions, I don't see what the problem is.

this

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By wardcleaver

I am really considering it. I have played most of the other modern military shooters available on consoles, but BF3 is my go-to game for shooting virtual dudes in the face.

The only thing that bothers me is that I will have to pay for the B2K expansion, which I already received for free by purchasing the Limited Edition.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kindgineer

I just wish I could play BF3. On one side, I cannot play the game at 20-30fps, I just don't enjoy it. On the other side, I can't NOT play on everything High+.

Pickle.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

The pricing is a bit off for my tastes. If they would have this when the game first launched, I probably would have jumped in on it. For now, I will just cherry pick the expansions I like.

BearSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BearSpark

Personally, I'm a big, big fan of BF3 and Premium to boot. A lot of people bitch, moan and whine about BF3, the patches, updates, DLC and whether you have to pay for them or not. If you don't like it then don't play it but don't play it and then whine about it. The new maps bring something new and exciting to BF3. And it's not a COD remake although DICE must have been thinking of ways to convert CODers to BF3ers. The level of destruction is phenominal, the guns sound like guns rather than pea shooters, the graphics, atmosphere and gameplay is superior in every way. I've played COD, spent a long time on it. From a single player perspective, BF3 can't compete. Multiplayer on the other hand....

If I can play more of the Close Quarters that DICE offers, leading on to Armoured Kill and all that follows then I'm happy to part with my hard earned in blood, sweat, tears, bullets and grenades money. BF3 Premium IS value for money. I challenge anyone to explain why it isn't. I'll retort of course by explaining the error of their ways but that's people for you.

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By beeftothetaco

What a waste of money.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Seppli

@beeftothetaco said:

What a waste of money.

If revitalizing Battlefield 3 is a waste of money to you, but it sure ain't a waste of money for me. You really can't argue with the pricepoint either. It's like 16-20 maps (depending if you count Back 2 Karkand). The core game came with 8-12 out of the box. It's one hell of a value for a Battlefield player. Almost a year's worth of diverse Battlefield experiences, as well as extra perks, at a discount price - what would I, as a Battlefield fan, want more (realistically speaking)?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By big_jon

@beeftothetaco: lol

You save money if you are going to buy the map packs....

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Spoonman671

If I'm still playing it once there's some more significant content available, then maybe I'll get premium.  I already got Karkand for free, Close Quarters just isn't why I play Battlefield, and Armored Kill doesn't come out until September.

Question:  Does the double XP stuff contribute to weapon, kit, and vehicle unlocks as well as overall level?  It's taking way too long to unlock the guns I want.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FrankCanada97

@Spoonman671: No, at the end of the round the double xp is shown as additional points.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Spoonman671
    @FrankCanada97: That blows.  I guess I don't really have any reason to buy the premium stuff yet.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By big_jon

@Seppli said:

@jayjonesjunior said:

Nice Job EA.

There's always the option to not play on premium servers. As a Premium player, I dig the double XP incentive, especially now that I'm willing to get back into the game. Leveling up became such a slog, once I hit lvl 45. Kinda neat getting a lvl-up for every decent playsession during the double XP weekend.

It's admittedly odd, that scoring is affected by double XP though - seems pretty careless to me.

@Subjugation said:

BF:BC 2's free DLC was mostly a sham, and EA/DICE shot themselves in their own foot with that statement. I had quite the debate going over at the EA UK forums on this topic. I'm glad we're past it now. BF3's DLC support is excellent, we would never have gotten this beefy post-launch content for free.

Oasis>BF3

aaronBLUEeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By aaronBLUEeyes

I haven't made up my mind, it's def cheaper in the long run, but i pre-ordered the game so came with Back to Karkand, so it's like I'm paying for that again. Are the other perks worth it? i might just pick up the Close Quarters and pay each as they come along as I am tight on cash at the moment.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Seppli

Apparently BF3 Premium already sold 800,000 times in the first two weeks. Glad it takes off the way it does. There's loads of great servers with a crowd up and running. Good times to be a Battlefield fan.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mosdl

I have to wonder, if BF3 the biggest cash cow for EA now?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Seppli

@mosdl said:

I have to wonder, if BF3 the biggest cash cow for EA now?

I'd bet it's one of their big sports games. Likely FIFA. Soccer's huge pretty much everywhere.

Battlefield's certainly one of their biggest breadwinner franchises. Premium's gotta be very profitable for them with those sales figures.

Win - Win in my book.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By big_jon

I think you're a crazy person for wanting everyone to buy this, also, it's really not the great.

Korosuzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Korosuzo

@big_jon said:

I think you're a crazy person for wanting everyone to buy this, also, it's really not the great.

How's this "season pass" not great? You've only seen 2 of the 5 DLCs and so far I think both are amazing in different ways. Love the twist on the BF3 formula with the CQ maps and also I'm getting all of the maps at a discounted price along with other extra events and so on. Granted you need to be a BF3 fan to enjoy but if you are you can't really go wrong with this if you plan on playing this off and on over the next year.

sandweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By sandweed

I'm amazed at how good the CQ maps are, it's hard to believe the team that thought metro 64 players conquest was a good idea, have deigned these new awesome maps.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#46  Edited By Mnemoidian

@sandweed: Probably a case of learning from your mistakes?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By big_jon

@Korosuzo said:

@big_jon said:

How's this "season pass" not great? You've only seen 2 of the 5 DLCs and so far I think both are amazing in different ways. Love the twist on the BF3 formula with the CQ maps and also I'm getting all of the maps at a discounted price along with other extra events and so on. Granted you need to be a BF3 fan to enjoy but if you are you can't really go wrong with this if you plan on playing this off and on over the next year.

How is the season pass "great", so far I have maps that I don't really love and some new guns, and access to maps I could just buy.

You save 10 dollars over the course of a year, I had to buy back to Karkand already, it is not "great" by any stretch of the imagination, wow EA, thanks for letting me give you money!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.