Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

BF3 for $20 on Origin

McGriddle550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By McGriddle550

So I was just wondering if I should pick this up on EA's labor day sale or should I wait for the ultimate edition or whatever that has all the dlc?

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By konig_kei

Doubt anyone will be playing by then and isn't this against EA's business plan because it's obviously hurting dice.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mosdl

@McGriddle550 said:

So I was just wondering if I should pick this up on EA's labor day sale or should I wait for the ultimate edition or whatever that has all the dlc?

If you plan playing online a lot then you get more bang for the buck buying it now as a lot of people will be playing it with the new Armored Core DLC coming soon.

@konig_kei said:

Doubt anyone will be playing by then and isn't this against EA's business plan because it's obviously hurting dice.

14 or so million sales and Dice is hurting how?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By AlexW00d

@konig_kei said:

Eh? That premium edition is out soon.

@mosdl said:

@McGriddle550 said:

If you plan playing online a lot then you get more bang for the buck buying it now as a lot of people will be playing it with the new Armored Core DLC coming soon.

@konig_kei said:

14 or so million sales and Dice is hurting how?

I think he was making reference to that thing John Ric-whatever said about Steam Sales.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I've lost track of all the Battlefield 3 editions. My friend wants to buy BF3 to play online with me and we can't decide whether to wait for Premium Edition, or buy the standalone game and a premium subscription, or the game and the DLC separately.

This game has "too much" availablity, trying to buy it today is confusing especially with the different prices for the different editions across different retailers as well as Origin.

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By Eribuster

With the Labor day sale, BF3 vanilla and Premium will be US$70 which is $10 more than what BF3 Premium Edition will be. http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-3-Premium-Edition-Pc/dp/B008OQTUKS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1346914836&sr=8-5&keywords=battlefield+3+premium

It is probably best to wait for the Premium Edition as I doubt the $50 Premium subscription will receive any deep discounts any time soon. Also, the Premium Edition will have a head start kit that gives you 15 unlocks of weapons, gadgets, and vehicle upgrades.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.