Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

BF3 Scavenger Mode

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Fight for survival in the new Scavenger mode

Inspired by the earthquake theme and setting, the new Scavenger mode is a frantic hunt for survival. A new concept to Battlefield, lost soldiers start equipped with only a knife, one grenade, and sidearm and must search the environment for more powerful weapons to increase their chance at surviving and eventually winning.

In Scavenger mode, weapons spawn in predetermined locations all over the map, so it pays to learn the map to stand a fighting chance. The particular weapons spawning at these points however have an element of randomness to them, so in order to survive a Scavenger round you will have to explore as much of the map as possible. Sticking together as a team means you might be able to keep enemies from claiming these few and valuable weapons that can turn the tide of a round.

This is not your ordinary Battlefield map. Can you find the hardware you need to survive in Scavenger mode in this post-earthquake setting? Click for full size.

Sounds flippin' amazing. Loved the pistol rounds in Gun Master, so starting into regular Conquest with just a pistol sounds perfect to me. Will likely be my infantry-only mode of choice. Hopefully admins will bunch this up with CQC maps - that'll make for a great Infantry Combat experience.

Now where's that crossbow?

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Dezztroy

Sounds to me like it's nothing more than TDM out of Quake/Unreal Tournament with a fancy name.

Not enough to bring me back to the game.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Nadafinga

Glad its a new take on the game mode. I was underwhelmed with Tank Superiority, this one looks way better. It will have to be class-less like Close Quarters though, right? Otherwise you'd have everyone coming in as assault resuppliers. Also, I'm glad the weapon drops will be random, otherwise you'd have everyone rushing to the same spot every time.

lib3rtine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By lib3rtine

Very interesting. Despite the way Multiplayer FPS' have changed to unlocks and custom loadouts the old-school gun pickups make for some great tactical play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.