Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Can you use a headset while your 5.1 surround is playing?

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MethodMan008

Hey duders,

Extremely stupid question here... So I just bought the premium service for BF3 on PC last night and figured I'd start playing the game again.. Stupid Vinny talking about BF3 being fun..

I bought a pretty basic Logitech headset to use with Google voice but I figure I might as well use it for games too.

However, I have one of those Logitech surround sound systems so I don't know if people will be able to understand me through my headset while I have the game volume playing over surround sound instead of through my headset also. That seemed like a long sentence, I dunno.

Is this an answerable question? Don't know that either. Do you guys use a headset while playing your game audio via surround sound? What do you do to cheer yourself up after a bad months of work.

Thanks duders!

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Samaritan

I'd err on the side of caution and not use a headset while sound is playing through your speakers. It's going to be very annoying to other players to hear your voice mixed in with game audio. I'd just use your speakers and keep the headset off. Voice chat isn't very important in a game like BF3 unless you're playing with an organized team. If you're just playing with randoms, then you aren't going to get much done using a headset.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By envane

yeah , in general , the mic picks up your speaker audio LOUD AS ALL HELL .. so id avoid it , programs like teamspeak and mumble have audio ducking , so that when you use push to talk etc.. it lowers all other volumes to avoid that issue. still isnt perfect tho. but yeah ..i feel your pain.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@clstirens said:

@captain_felafel: There is no voice chat in bf3 pc :(

No wonder I never have to mute anyone... this explains a lot, really. :P

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.