Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Completely New to Battlefield 3 Online (PS3)

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lord_Xp

I had beaten this game a long time ago in it's single player aspect. I barely touched the multiplayer and didn't like it at all. But after watching some youtube videos of people just dicking around with all of the vehicle's made me borrow my brothers copy and give it a try. I was wondering if there was any tips I can use online since all I have really ever played was CoD. I like that there is big maps and many vehicles and the territory is destructible.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Daryl

One of the best tips I can give to you is to ignore all the pointless squad options in that game and just go for it yourself, they're a complete waste of time. I also cannot recommend enough to just sticking to the skies and raining terror from above.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Solh0und

DO NOT play this game like it's CoD. You'll be in for a rude awakening. If all else, there should be a few people here than can give you some great pointers on being good at BF3.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By beepmachine

My advice starting out would be to pick a class you like and stick with its strengths. If you like support, play to the class's strength and suppress enemy players, letting your team move up. Don't run in and try and waste everyone.

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Nentisys

@Daryl said:

One of the best tips I can give to you is to ignore all the pointless squad options in that game and just go for it yourself, they're a complete waste of time.

What ? That is absolutely horrible advice.

brundlefly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By brundlefly

@Nentisys: Agreed. Stick with a good squad and you will stay alive a lot longer.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

It's not CoD. Yes, you're using actual guns and both try to have one foot in realism, but that's about as far as the comparisons go. Stick with your squad and team members, don't run around like an ass, play to your class strengths, be mindful of what's going on in what part of the map, and try to understand that this is a game about capturing and keeping control points or destroying/protecting, uh, whatever it is in Rush mode. My point is, you can do neither of these things all by your lonesome, so drop any pretense of being a real one man army unless your name is Mike Horn. I say that because in all my experience of CoD, that's what most people do - their own thing.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nohthink
    @Daryl: Dude what?? Sticking with the squad is the ONLY way to win!!
    clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By clstirens

@Nentisys said:

@Daryl said:

One of the best tips I can give to you is to ignore all the pointless squad options in that game and just go for it yourself, they're a complete waste of time.

What ? That is absolutely horrible advice.

Yeah, squad up with a squad not consisting of all recon, and help them out, stick together.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

@Daryl said:

WHAT!?

I also cannot recommend enough to just sticking to the skies and raining terror from above.

Ah. That explains it.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lord_Xp

Thanks guys for the tip! I did the massive update for it and about to play. Maybe I'll see some of you on there.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lord_Xp

So I did well in my first match of TDM. I think I went 14 and 10. Then I did a few more rounds of that to get used to it. After I felt comfortable with it I tried some other game mode where I have no effing idea was going on and shit was going everywhere. We ended up losing and I died a shit load of times. But no one in squads was doing anything together and so I just tried doing whatever I could and obviously it didn't work out. So I guess I'll try this again tomorrow or tonight. Thanks again for the tips guys.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f5d7f2a3be3
    deactivated-60f5d7f2a3be3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

if you can, find some buddies and play with them, the game is so much more fun if you play with some friends over Skype/VoIP, the coordination and all of those things make this game awesome.

Other tips: Don't run over corners but try and peek. Fiddle with the sensitivity and try to find your sweet spot. Don't ever reload after killing an enemy, there is always someone behind him. If you go Medic, heal whenever you can but consider if it's a good time to res someone, and before ressing try and kill your buddies aggressor, if it's too risky to res him don't risk 2 tickets instead of one. If you go support, always stick with your squads engineers, they always need ammo. And last, try and have fun, always stay cool and don't play if you see it's not a good time (like when always dying!). Hope this tips will help you somehow :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.