Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Console Lag

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bwmcmaste

I play online, on the PS3, and I have noticed that lag is serious issue for me. Bad Company and Bad Company 2 were both quite bad for punishing my PS3 (i.e. crashing and lag), but BF3 seems to be a whole order of magnitude worse. The players on my friend list have also noticed the same issue. The rubberbanding issue was largely mitigated in the early patches, but I still experience it from time to time. I'm wondering if this is problem stems from my own connection, so I'm looking to get some feedback from other players. Is this a problem for anyone else? Is it any better on PC?

Grimey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Grimey

I play on the 360 and haven't had any problems with lag. It's kind of funny when compared to my experiences playing Modern Warfare 3 where every 7 or so matches I have noticeable lag.

Full disclosure, my ISP is inconsistent. My internet connection will flat-out drop for about 10 seconds every 30-45 minutes, which will automatically kick me from any game that I'm playing at the time.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

I wonder if it's an issue with the PS3 exclusively. I haven't had lag or rubberbanding issues in Battlefield 3 in months on the Xbox 360.

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By IAmNotBatman

@Voxel said:

I wonder if it's an issue with the PS3 exclusively. I haven't had lag or rubberbanding issues in Battlefield 3 in months on the Xbox 360.

This.

Ocean_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ocean_H

I don't have any lag at all on the PS3 nor any other problem. I just played hours last night. Btw, never had problems with Bad Company and Bad Company 2.

BoneChompski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By BoneChompski

You can try a few things to see if it is your internet connection. There are numerous sites that will test your connection for packet loss and ping times. Also, trying direct connecting to your modem (remove the router) and see if that helps. A lot of routers do a crappy job and can introduce lag/loss into the system. Flashing your router with a custom firmware (such as DD-WRT if supported) can help. It turned my Cisco router from an annoying PoS to a dependable machine.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By mikey87144

Haven't played it in a while but I never experienced the problems with Lag on PS3. Same for Bad Company

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By big_jon

It's a janky game, that is just a fact, loads of issues.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By AlexW00d

Sounds like you just have a bad connection dude.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spoonman671

I play on PS3, and I haven't noticed anything severe or unusual.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By damnboyadvance

I play on the PS3 as well. I've only had issues with lag a few times. Probably a problem on your end, buddy. 

@big_jon said:

Weird. I haven't had "loads of issues" as your "fact" suggested I should have. Don't like Battlefield 3, do ya?
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By big_jon

@damnboyadvance said:

I play on the PS3 as well. I've only had issues with lag a few times. Probably a problem on your end, buddy.

@big_jon said:

Weird. I haven't had "loads of issues" as your "fact" suggested I should have. Don't like Battlefield 3, do ya?

Crashing, rubber banding when vehicles or infantry are near one another, sound cutting out, and sound glitches, random suicides when you are doing nothing to get them, this game is full of bugs, fact.

I think it is an alright game, but a large step down from BadCompany 2 in a lot of ways.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13  Edited By damnboyadvance
    @big_jon said:

@damnboyadvance said:

@big_jon said:

Crashing, rubber banding when vehicles or infantry are near one another, sound cutting out, and sound glitches, random suicides when you are doing nothing to get them, this game is full of bugs, fact.

I think it is an alright game, but a large step down from BadCompany 2 in a lot of ways.

Battlefield 3 wouldn't be the first game to have a few bugs. I guess some people get it worse than others.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pweidman

While there are plenty of issues still, like big_john mentions above, lag has been very rare for me on 360.

And it was a nightmare for the first month or so after the launch of BBC2.

Fix the fucking squad feature already DICE...grrrrrrr.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bwmcmaste

Update:

So I talked to a surprisingly knowledgeable fellow at my ISP and he found the source of my vexation. Apparently, my upload bandwidth is quite low (about .4 mbs), so I'm going to upgrade.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Mahonay

400Kb a second upload? Holy scheissa that's slow!

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zella

I play on PS3 and rarely have any issues with lag, though I have a pretty good connection.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.