Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Crossbows coming to Battlefield 3 Aftermath DLC

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FrankCanada97

Year of the Bow continues! DICE released a teaser image of the upcoming Aftermath DLC showing new player models and jury-rigged crossbows.

No Caption Provided

Guess those rumours of no new weapons have been quashed now. Any thoughts on how bows will affect gameplay? I'm assuming that because they're silent, they'll probably hide you on the minimap.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SSully

Year of the bow continues? Indeed it does! I completely missed that part of your original post!

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mosdl

Bo Bo Bo.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By awesomeusername

I haven't touched BF3 in forever. It's just boring running around forever (because I play on PS3) with little action. Plus, I don't like any of the guns. It sucks because I really enjoyed playing it when it came out. Now I don't even glance at it. Maybe if I had a super PC....

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By david3cm

I recently picked up the super edition of BF3 on PC and am confused. Does anyone play this game anymore? I try looking for servers and the max players per server I find are about 8 guys playing on a 1000 ticket death match game on metro. Is my ping just terrible or have I missed the time of BF3? I would be excited for the new DLC if I thought I would be able to hop in a full 64 player server and experience Battlefield the way it should be.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By big_jon

Fucking lame.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MariachiMacabre

That's so dumb it's awesome. Will not revive my interest in Modern Military FPS games (*wet fart noises*) but crossbows inherently make things cooler.

solidwolf52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By solidwolf52

#yearofthebow

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By ajamafalous
    @david3cm said:

I recently picked up the super edition of BF3 on PC and am confused. Does anyone play this game anymore? I try looking for servers and the max players per server I find are about 8 guys playing on a 1000 ticket death match game on metro. Is my ping just terrible or have I missed the time of BF3? I would be excited for the new DLC if I thought I would be able to hop in a full 64 player server and experience Battlefield the way it should be.

Yeah, must be something up on your end. I can find countless full 64 player servers.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Seppli

Here's the trailer. DICE's 'Year of the Bow' tribute - and I'm sure it's going to be the best bow in the 'Year of the Bow'. It's the GOTY-Bow so to speak. None of that Assassin's Creed III auto-targeting bullcrap.

Looks like a mostly Infantry based affair, which BF3 does damn well - outside of my personal dislikes like suppression and flashlights and such. Looking forward to it. Just need to beat XCOM on Ironman Classic, so I can finally get started for real on Armored Kill - I want to be on my A-game again.
    Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess that Call of Duty Black Ops was too cool to leave out of Battlefield 3.

Somebody had to say it.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FrankCanada97

Here is a newly released gameplay video showing all the different bolt types. It appears that all four are available for all classes using the firemode button. It should also give an idea of the map sizes. I read somewhere that they are around the size of Back to Karkand.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Solh0und

I feel like the Crossbow is going to be a big problem for those that like to use the Little Bird.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ripelivejam

don't cross BO

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By buft

@david3cm said:

I jumped into it again recently and found loads of full servers

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By colourful_hippie

Those Bo's could be bigger.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@FrankCanada97 said:

Here is a newly released gameplay video showing all the different bolt types. It appears that all four are available for all classes using the firemode button. It should also give an idea of the map sizes. I read somewhere that they are around the size of Back to Karkand.

Alright, the explosive bolt is actually kind of cool. You can recreate that Rambo 2 scene with it, which is pretty rad.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FrankCanada97

@Solh0und said:

I feel like the Crossbow is going to be a big problem for those that like to use the Little Bird.

I can't imagine it being any different from them dealing with AT rockets. Although, they would now have to perceive everyone as a possible threat instead of just engineers.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By intro

Looks pretty sweet, hopefully they get their next update out soon so I can actually play it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.