Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

First Battlefield 3 Aftermath Details

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax

So, DICE has revealed the first details for the Aftermath DLC on their website.

Set amongst the shattered districts, streets and surrounding villages of a post-earthquake Tehran Battlefield 3™: Aftermath depicts a continuing struggle for supremacy and survival amongst the devastation.
    With operational capacity severely compromised the opposing forces must adapt and engage in vertical and horizontal urban combat amongst the dust and rubble with cracks and fissures in the terrain providing unexpected cover and paths to objectives. Additional support comes in the form of heavily modified troop transports and civilian vehicles specially adapted to deliver deadly force to the enemy.
    KEY FEATURES
    • Urban warfare on four new maps
    • Fight through the dust and rubble, use the earthquake damaged terrain to your tactical advantage
    • New heavily modified military and civilian vehicles – ingenuity and firepower combined
    • New game mode
    • New assignments, achievements and dog tags

This sounds like more co-op missions, though "new game mode" certainly suggests otherwise. I originally thought that this was going to be Horde mode, but fighting "through dust and rubble" to complete objectives doesn't sound like something you would do in a wave-based game mode. Who knows!

two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By two_socks

I'm trying to think of what the new game mode could be that sort of fits within those descriptors. Maybe a KOTH type game mode where you have to hold a supply of food/water on a map? Also, the part about "earthquake damaged terrain" makes me think of the campaign, specifically when you were crawling under those crevices of pavement and whatnot. Maybe some tunnel-ish pathways and such?

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By FrankCanada97

Guess we're going to get some technicals as new vehicles? If Rush is included I'm imagining the attacking team blowing up crates of food and water, that would be a hilariously dick move. I hope partway through some matches an aftershock occurs changing the feel of the map with crevices opening up, buildings collapsing and all that.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Scrawnto

@Voxel:What part of that sounds like co-op missions to you? It just sounds like disaster area themed maps and janky vehicles rigged up with armor and guns to me. I'm all for that, by the way.

@FrankCanada97: Aftershocks changing parts of the map would be seriously rad, but I sort of doubt that would be in there.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By natetodamax

@Scrawnto: I thought they said that the DLC was going to be coop focused? Or did I imagine that?

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Scrawnto

@Voxel: Seems like they would actually say that somewhere on their site if that were the case, but I could be wrong.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By laserbolts

There is dust and rubble? SOLD.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By aurahack

Ffffffs man, why the Middle East all the time. Why not just obliterate some more interesting setting with an earthquake. I feel shitty for being so dismissive this early, but man...

StriderJ8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By StriderJ8

Sounds great, except that I do indeed hope that there are more weapons to unlock. Yes we have a crap ton, but I want more handguns and the Kriss TDI Vector more than anything.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By big_jon

sounds pretty tits.

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By Eribuster

I was worried that this pack was going to be infantry-only like Close Quarters. By the description, it will be more like Seine Crossing, Grand Bazaar, and Tehran Highway. With the earthquake-devastated roads, I hope there are plenty of ramps to hit.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By natetodamax

@Scrawnto said:

@Voxel: Seems like they would actually say that somewhere on their site if that were the case, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, I don't know. I tried searching for where it said it was coop but I couldn't find anything. I literally don't remember where I saw that information about it being coop.

Chtasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Chtasm

How about adding that entirely unused insurgent faction from the campaign? A lot of the maps don't make sense with the Russians, really.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Funkydupe

So yeah. Battlefield 4.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Shakezula84

I don't know what the new mode is gonna be (they've added new modes to every DLC so far, even if they are just different takes on existing modes) but it sounds like the maps are all urban based. So buildings. Lots of buildings. I don't need a lot of interiors, but I need lots of destruction. The destruction in this game is the only thing that disappoints me. Especially considering the level of destruction the Bad Company games had. I'm glad to see the DLC packs try and fix this, and if the next DLC is focusing on large maps for tanks, then I want this to be fighting from building to building.

I just came up with a guess for the new mode, and thats maybe a milestone mode where when a team reaches a certain point the whole map suffers an earthquake. It doesn't need to be dramatic. Maybe a rush conquest hybrid, where when one team captures all the capture points an earthquake causes the points to shift, opening up the map and closing portions at the same time. Just a thought.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.