Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Great Balls of Fire

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bwmcmaste

I believe that the game has been out long enough for us all to acknowledge the presence of an upward trend in the number of people running around with auto-shotguns holding frag ammo, and I would like the community's thoughts on this. I'm not the type of fellow to complain about balancing issues, but I've noticed that the effectiveness of this arrangement seems to verge on the absurd.

Am I completely wide of the mark on this, or is this something that should be addressed?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Wuddel

If I am not mistaken DICE already toned down the damage of the Frag ammunition in the USAS-12. Personally I like auto shotguns, but with the regular buckshot.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

I think it's pretty absurd. I was playing last night and there was someone on the other team who only used the Frag rounds. It gets pretty irritating after a while.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By FrankCanada97

I only use the pump action shotgun on principle, with no frag ammo.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Seppli

They're fine. High delay after firing. Slow flying projectile. High deviation. Extreme Bulletdrop. No onehit-kills.

They are effective on tight CQB maps with lots of static and entrenched combat, and even there they are easily outgunned. TTK is rather high, especially since the last nerf. If two dudes stand facing each other, both holding down the trigger, usually the dude with the frag ammo dies. Add sidestrafing hipfire to the mix (as CQB is done), Frag Ammo just ain't competitve. It's great for static fights. For killing campers and softening-up entrenched opposition. In a dynamic firefight, which is pretty much all the time on B2K maps, frag ammo shotguns just don't do so well, regardless if it's a fullauto shotgun or not.

For in your face CQB, Buckshot and Flechette are still the way to go. In BF3's low TTK world, you got be a great hipfire shot to compete with buckshot and flechette shotguns.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AlexW00d

I think I tried frag ammo once with my M1014 to test and it was pretty crap so I switched back to buckshot. Pre patch though it was bullshit 1 hit kill from range, glad they nerfed it. The USAS is used a lot, but you lose your ammo pretty quickly.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bwmcmaste

After reading the comments, I suppose I must reverse my opinion. Frag ammo is just another thing for me to get used to; improvise, adapt, and all that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.