Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

HUGE Patch on the way! Read and weigh in!

• 61 results
    easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By easthill

Was awesome driving around and pumping the horn!

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By mosdl

also, the sniper mobile deployment thingy is now easily destroyed, they increased the size of the hitbox!

cav86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By cav86

The patch makes the game play better but already I noticed a few bugs, Already anticipating the Patch of the Patch

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By AuthenticM

The patch barely fixes the input lag. As a veteran of Bad Company 2 who's played well over two hundred hours of its multiplayer, here's what I have to say: the game still controls like shit. My stance on Battlefield 3 does not change. Fuck this game.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By FrankCanada97

@AuthenticM: Did you try turning off AA?

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By AuthenticM

@FrankCanada97: Yes. There is a slight improvement, but barely noticeable. Not enough of an impact to make me enjoy the game. I got into a multiplayer match and just couldn't put the crosshair on moving targets and mow them down like I did oh-so-well in BC2. I got slaughtered.

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Talis12

tanks have become pretty useless now.. 2 hits from a javelin and its gone, even with extra armor on it. it also seems like the time it takes to lock on has decreased, making it even easier.

i also dont like the new icons you see in screen and on the minimap for mines and enemies.. i play hardcore because i dont want to see all that and now they infected me with that crap. seems like they go out of their way to make it easy for all the noobs..

yet, the spawn system still sucks, the attack heli is still overpowered and somehow i still get hit when im already around the corner of a building.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @mosdl said:

also, the sniper mobile deployment thingy is now easily destroyed, they increased the size of the hitbox!

It should be easy to destroy.  It unarmoured and can't fight back. 
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By Tennmuerti

I'm done with BF3 for now, this patch broke so much shit.

Tanks are now useless.You migh as well be riding in a coffin. The armor has been decreased and a single dude with an RPG is enough to stop a tank in it's tracks.
    Repair takes forever.
    Air has been made even more devastating against armor, with improved rocket pods. With the decreased tank amror even air superiority fighters are now destroying tanks in a single pass.

The AA missle range from IGLA and Stinger has been nerfed to shit, making them now completely useless against jets, as if they were any good before.

But the most egregious retarded change of all: the effect of suppression.
    Right now suppression is ridiculous, it is king. A single stray bullet is enough to blur your screen.
    All those precious gun stats go out the window when the first bullet that suppresses you increases bullet spread and recoil by an insane amount.
    Playing TDM or Rush, be prepared to be running around with a blurred screen more then half the time.
    My plan yestarday was to dick around and to test out how the guns feel now and how different attachements work. But this is no longer possible, you can't test shit or get any feel for the guns with the new suppression.
    I simply no longer get enjoyment out of shooting guns in BF3, period.

As a result to the buff of LMGs and now add suppression, an emplaced LMG is now death to everything, the emeny does no even have a chance to shoot back.
    Even snipers are a joke all one has to do is send a few bullts their way and suppression makes sniping no longer possible for them in return.
    I was a heavy LMG user before and was looking forward to the buffs, and while all the other LMG fixes are probably fine, the suppression is way over the top.

I'm quite sad.
    I went back into BF3 a week ago to get myself back in gear for when the patch comes out. So many changes sounded so good.
    But now i have no interest in playing anymore.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By AuthenticM

For those wondering about input lag post-1.04, check this:

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By natetodamax

My dad called me up this morning and told me that after he installed the patch (Xbox 360), he's been unable to play Wake Island. Anyone else have this problem?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.