Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Is DONE with BF3!!!

• 52 results
    SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

Edited By SpawnMan

Done. DONE. That is all. Well for a week or two anyways. Before I return to the game, tail between my legs, craving some decent shooter action...

Seriously though, the new update is infuriating! There are few matches now where I am not raped over and over and over by jets and helicopters. Or javelins and sneaky C4 planters if I'm in a tank. Or f*cking shotguns. The balance of the game prior to the patch was decent. Now tanks are next to useless. Take the Russian spawn on Caspian Border for example: Try, just TRY to take a tank down that hill and capture flag D. TRY IT. If some c*nt hasn't placed mines in the small brook on the road leading there, there will be some smart guy with a javelin on the buildings around the flag locking onto you before you'd barely left your spawn. Or there will be some pr*ck who comes behind you with C4. And if you manage, just manage, to even half capture a flag, your goose is cooked with a heli or another tank on your arse. Or a single guy will block your capture because we all know OUR TEAM MATES ARE TOO PREOCCUPIED WITH AIR COMBAT AND/OR STUPID TO JUMP IN YOUR TANK AS A GUNNER (!!!) so you're on your own against a superior force trying to capture one damn flag, let alone FOUR!!!

Seriously, it's as if in one day the gaming community of BF3 has gone from acceptable, to full of d*ckheads wielding shotguns and exploiting every minor boost in power allowed by the patch. And it also seems to be that no one on MY team has any clue at ALL. So after dying for the umpteenth time in a game, after reducing the same person to 1% health before he shot me with his shotgun, and after dying for the millionth time in a tank by one missile of heli round, I decided to respectfully call it quits. Then I went and quietly played Sims 3. Where my character is successful and a hit with the ladies. He's nearly a chess grand champion, so go suck it.

DONE.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpawnMan

Done. DONE. That is all. Well for a week or two anyways. Before I return to the game, tail between my legs, craving some decent shooter action...

Seriously though, the new update is infuriating! There are few matches now where I am not raped over and over and over by jets and helicopters. Or javelins and sneaky C4 planters if I'm in a tank. Or f*cking shotguns. The balance of the game prior to the patch was decent. Now tanks are next to useless. Take the Russian spawn on Caspian Border for example: Try, just TRY to take a tank down that hill and capture flag D. TRY IT. If some c*nt hasn't placed mines in the small brook on the road leading there, there will be some smart guy with a javelin on the buildings around the flag locking onto you before you'd barely left your spawn. Or there will be some pr*ck who comes behind you with C4. And if you manage, just manage, to even half capture a flag, your goose is cooked with a heli or another tank on your arse. Or a single guy will block your capture because we all know OUR TEAM MATES ARE TOO PREOCCUPIED WITH AIR COMBAT AND/OR STUPID TO JUMP IN YOUR TANK AS A GUNNER (!!!) so you're on your own against a superior force trying to capture one damn flag, let alone FOUR!!!

Seriously, it's as if in one day the gaming community of BF3 has gone from acceptable, to full of d*ckheads wielding shotguns and exploiting every minor boost in power allowed by the patch. And it also seems to be that no one on MY team has any clue at ALL. So after dying for the umpteenth time in a game, after reducing the same person to 1% health before he shot me with his shotgun, and after dying for the millionth time in a tank by one missile of heli round, I decided to respectfully call it quits. Then I went and quietly played Sims 3. Where my character is successful and a hit with the ladies. He's nearly a chess grand champion, so go suck it.

DONE.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By connerthekewlkid
    No Caption Provided
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones

DO YOU SEE! 
    DO YOU SEE! 
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4  Edited By natetodamax

C4, mines, and javelins were in the game before the update though.

I've had no problem with the update myself. I pay basically no attention to individual weapon stats because they are ultimately meaningless before and after the update. Every gun can be just as effective as others if used right.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Just stop buying these silly war games and it will all go away.

The nightmares never stop though.

But there's pills for that.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    O JESUS THE SMILES ARE THE SAME! *Points at avatar* 
    Spread the word...
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Sackmanjones said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    Spread the word...
    I was about to go and quote you to make sure you noticed the message. But ya. Shepherd and Morgan must be related some how. 
    Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

I was done with BF3 like two weeks after release. Took you long enough.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpawnMan

@Voxel: Javelins didn't take you down in one shot before, and repair guns were fast enough to repair a tank before a heli could reload. And yeah C4 is the same, but when you're getting locked onto by a javelin and heli, you tend not to notice some assh*le placing it on you as much...

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By big_jon

Pro tip, tanks are still powerful.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SpawnMan

@big_jon: There's a difference between being powerful and armoured, and being powerful and built like a paper origami. : /

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By napalm

@Sackmanjones: Wrong source.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By matthew

I feel like you're playing it wrong....on the pc?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By TheHT

@Sackmanjones said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    Spread the word...

If BioWare took out Shepard and threw in York+Zack but kept everything else the same, I'd immediately buy all of those games.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:

Just stop buying these silly war games and it will all go away.  

So much for your uplifting "I'm throwing down medpacks like there's no tomorrow" messages on the game's release day..  

On-topic, what makes me dread this game at times is far more than balancing issues. Battlefield has always had balancing issues as a franchise, these are games that feature all kinds of physics, vehicles, systems, weaponry, gadgets, teamplay elements, locations, etc...  
    Balancing a Battlefield game is near impossible, that's why every patch will always fuck something up. 
    I learn to cope with it and change my approaches based on the changes that the patches bring. 

It's the bigger scheme of things that is assuring me that this is my last EA, DICE, Battlefield or even FPS title I buy. This game is to DICE/BF what Dragon Age: Origins was to Bioware, a final "real fan" service before going full retard (read: Close Quarters DLC / Bad Company 3).

Lack of franchise-defining teamplay elements, lack of player hierarchy, lack of proper Battlefield map/landscape design, lack of skill requirements for anything, click-and-forget lock on systems that do all the work, audio-spotting and random audio shouting stolen from Modern Warfare, gunplay is tuned and designed to allow spraying to be more accurate than aiming, and the list goes on..  

I will continue to play this game because it's the closest thing I have to the Battlefield 2 experience, and because our Giant Bomb group for it is enormous, with our own game and voice servers and all kinds of fun.  
    But this will be my last Battlefield.

I'll leave you with this: 
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By Justin258

EDIT: Yeah, I guess I was a little harsh. Still, my point remains: It's understandable if you have issues with using curse words, but if that's so then don't type them out in the first place, even with a missing letter.

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jeldh

Not being able to cap a flag alone in a tank seems balanced to me.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By Sambambo

@believer258 said:

Your cunt mom isn't watching.

Why do you assume such a thing?

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Christoffer

Yes, one single tank should be able to dominate the whole map.

Seriously. Going in through the front door without backup from teammates is a bad tactic and should be punished. Hilltop on Caspian is a though spot to take and defend. Use some damned cunning.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Justin258

@SuperSambo said:

@believer258 said:

Why do you assume such a thing?

Do you mean that the mother may or may not be watching or that she may or may not be a cunt?

Either way, the sentence's subject is, in this case, beside the point. The point, here, was to say that "Hey! You don't have to bleep out your curse words". I guess I could have said just that but it wouldn't have gotten the point across at all.

Honestly, if you want to curse, then curse. If you don't like it, then don't. That simple. There shouldn't be a middle ground where you just replace a letter with * and call it bleeped out. Everyone knows what you're saying, anyway, and they'll just read the letter anyway. It literally doesn't do anything.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By jacdg

I've been done with this game for a while, even with a party I was so bored with it after the first 10 hours online, a shame because it's well put together and I should love it, but I really really don't.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SpawnMan

@believer258: Wow don't have to be such a d*ck about it... My mum is a kind woman. She brought me up in the * way. F*ck c*nt d*ck sh*t 'n' chips! ; )

@Christoffer: It's a bit hard when everyone is just going for air combat, others aren't paying attention and the rest are mucking around at spawn trying to shoot down air r*ping helis. I'm not on a PC so I only have 11 other idiots to rely on.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#23  Edited By Draugen

@connerthekewlkid said:

No Caption Provided

NEVER!

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Christoffer

@SpawnMan said:

@Christoffer: It's a bit hard when everyone is just going for air combat, others aren't paying attention and the rest are mucking around at spawn trying to shoot down air r*ping helis. I'm not on a PC so I only have 11 other idiots to rely on.

Oh, my sympathies. Communicating with the team and the squad is one of the things that makes it fun.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Azteck
    @believer258 said:

That seems a little overly harsh, dude. Take it easy
    Avatar image for deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28
    deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Sackmanjones said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    Spread the word...

It's true...

Actually, it sounds balanced. 1 vs 4 shouldn't win.

Avatar image for thechronodarkness
    thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Single player campaign was 3 and a half hours. Nothing but a boring glitchfest for the most part. I was done in that span, and never wanted to touch the single player again. It looks good, and sounds great though

And with hughesnet, i can't play it online.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258 said:

Your cunt mom isn't watching. You don't have to fucking type * in the middle of curse words to bleep the goddamn things out, we here at Giantbomb don't mind if you type the nastiest curse words as long as you aren't being a dickhead.

It's also understandable if you have issues with using curse words, but if that's so then don't fucking type them out in the first place, even with a missing letter.

Guess what? Not everyone feels the same as you, and some people aren't so comfortable with casually swearing on a public forum that anyone, including children, has access to. There are people who can't help but swear, but take the time to censor it as a matter of principle and good manners. Yes it's not going to make much of a difference and hey, this is the internet and there's a whole lot of shit on it, but fuck you dude, don't act like you can tell people how to speak. Oh and please don't say "we here at Giantbomb", you're not a community spokesperson, c*nt.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By CheapPoison

I am going to do to unexpected and support this message.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
    deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@SpawnMan said:

DONE.

Tanks are supposed to have infantry support. Sounds like you need to find yourself some buddies to play with mate, some buddies who knows the right end of a repair tool, or a gun for all that matters. Get proximity scanner to avoid c4 fellows, never rush in with the tank like you're an panzerclad Rambo, and have a bud take out the javelin guys. What are your recon guys up to if they're allowed to point a jav at you that early? Also, what do you play? Normal or Hardcore?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Asrahn said:

Tanks are supposed to have infantry support. Sounds like you need to find yourself some buddies to play with mate, some buddies who knows the right end of a repair tool, or a gun for all that matters. Get proximity scanner to avoid c4 fellows, never rush in with the tank like you're an panzerclad Rambo, and have a bud take out the javelin guys. What are your recon guys up to if they're allowed to point a jav at you that early? Also, what do you play? Normal or Hardcore?
    All this is pretty much irrelevant on most big maps.
    On PC everyone learned just how paper thin tanks are now. 2 RPGs or javelins to the side and buhbye tank. Which can and does regulary happen in seconds.
    A single strafe run by an air supperiority Jet can destroy a tank, even a mediocre pilot will get a disable and a second pass will kill you.
    Not even talking about how much Frogfoot/Warthog rape tanks a single semi decent pilot is enough to deny any and all armor to the enemy on Rush.
    Jav can easily be trained on a tank from a safe place where no sniper is looking or even have time to respond. Then again any good tank driver rolls with smokes, otherwise you are just free points, Javs aren't the main problem.
    On 64 player PC servers getting into a tank is a death sentence.

Especially now that air is so OP.
    And no one carries AA missle launchers since they are useless.

Repair tool advice is likewise useless. The repair speed has been nerfed into the ground.
    You cannot even repair a tank fast enought agaisnt a signle RPG dude or a single enemy tank, they will easily out damage your repair.
    2 sources of damage rpg/tank/javeling OR a single plane, OR a single helicopter and repair torch is completely useless
    Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I enjoy squishy tanks. Dice went all out with the vehicles this time around, even adding more vehicles than there were originally in the BF2 maps, while taking out TOW missle emplacements. I shouldn't be punished because I want to play medic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tennmuerti:

If the fellow has no upgrades for the tank what so ever, I can see some problems. I've personally never been taken out by an airplane during my entire play while in a tank, but then again, I stay on the move - and I so happened to have gotten proximity scanner and reactive armor to alter between, and yes, always roll with smokes, and I use canister rounds to swat any way-too-low-flying helis. Stingers are pretty good for maintaining ground-vs-air superiority if you and a buddy get them up and running (helicopters should be the tank and infantry's worst air enemy) two stingers can easily keep choppers at bay. Javs have a lock on time, if someone is hiding like a bitch in a bush with it, communicate with your teammates, or roll recon and snipe the fucker yourself before getting into the tank again. On 64 player maps, being a tank has become harder, indeed, but I honestly don't think you're anywhere near as vulnerable as you make it out to be - at least that's not how I've experienced it. On the other hand, I have a squad of friends who are trigger happy against people who try to trace me with whatever - could be a lonewolf problem.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Asrahn
    Then I envy you for never encountering even semi decent plane pilots.
    On the move or not it is incredibly easy to disable a tank in a Jet, a single pass with rocket pods disables a tank even if they don't all hit. On the move or not a tank is still too slow, all a pilot has to do is lead a tiny bit and adjust his aim slightly.
    As someone who regulary spends time in tanks Jets are one of the biggest threats.
    As someone who watches a half decent Jet pilot (by no means good) destroying tanks in a jet is the best point farm there is for a pilot.
    Alnd all a frogfoot/warthog has to do is spit in your general direction with those machine guns to destroy a tank, they don't ever need to be in range of AA.

You always have a buddy tag along behind you tank with a stinger? (nevermind just read further you do)
    Not that it matters anymore any non retarded heli will kill a stinger soldier before lock on or just pop flares.
    A heli guner can destroy a tank from a mile away, well out of either stinger range or tank shotgun.
    And stingers are completely useless agasint planes atm. With their tiny range and bugged state.

Stingers good at maintaining air to ground supperiority? ... WOW that is probably the single most ridiculous thing i have ever heard post patch.

Having a squad of friends makes anything easy.
    You are playing with a stacked deck.
    Jeez no wonder you aren't encountering any problems, you could probably feel that a skid loader is the most OP shit ever with a squad always supporting you.
    At this point all balance discussion becomes moot.

(as far as tank vulnerability goes, i'm not making it out to be anything, the stats I posted in what takes down a tank even with a repair torch is not an opinion)
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MeierTheRed

@Asrahn said:

@Tennmuerti:

If the fellow has no upgrades for the tank what so ever, I can see some problems. I've personally never been taken out by an airplane during my entire play while in a tank, but then again, I stay on the move - and I so happened to have gotten proximity scanner and reactive armor to alter between, and yes, always roll with smokes, and I use canister rounds to swat any way-too-low-flying helis. Stingers are pretty good for maintaining ground-vs-air superiority if you and a buddy get them up and running (helicopters should be the tank and infantry's worst air enemy) two stingers can easily keep choppers at bay. Javs have a lock on time, if someone is hiding like a bitch in a bush with it, communicate with your teammates, or roll recon and snipe the fucker yourself before getting into the tank again. On 64 player maps, being a tank has become harder, indeed, but I honestly don't think you're anywhere near as vulnerable as you make it out to be - at least that's not how I've experienced it. On the other hand, I have a squad of friends who are trigger happy against people who try to trace me with whatever - could be a lonewolf problem.

I find it quite amazing that you have never been taken out by a Jet before whilst in a Tank. How many matches have you played?

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MeierTheRed

@Tennmuerti:

Agree post patch rolling with a tank is like driving a cardboard box with tank threads. Just today a Jet strafes me with rockets and it was a instant disable. There was nothing i could do about it, nor was there anything my gunner could do. Jet was too high to shoot at, and gone before any lock on would be possible. Only think i could do was bail out and use my slow ass repair tool to get the cardboard box up and running again while my gunner watched for enemies.

All this to get killed a few moments after by a Engineer who got a lucky shot in, at equal distance from the Earth and to the Moon.

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
    whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The problem I have with Battlefield 3 is that it's more interested in having you unlock carrot dangling rewards tthan it is in being a team game. Rather than scrapping commander mode, it should have been expanded and polished I think. This is mostly just a run and gun game in a big enviroment with vehicals. Hardly any team work going on. Team Fortress 2 (regardless of having an unlockathon) is much better in that regard.

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Talis12

@Asrahn said:

@Tennmuerti:

tanks will be at 10% after 2 hits even with reactive armor.. the fact they made the repair tool slower AND tanks less powerful is double the trouble. if they did one or the other it would have been better, now they have done both tanks are useless.

scenario 1: you get hit by a javelin by a guy in/on top of a building.. you shoot your main tank gun, blow up the wall he's behind, before you can reload or drive away you have your 2nd javelin locked on and your dead

scenario 2: you are driving on open terrain.. a helicopter locks you on and shoots a rain of missiles.. only thing you can do is jump out and start repairing or you are dead. but, before you are half way repairing the chopper is back for round two. you are dead.

yet when i have anti air missiles the jets can out fly them, everything has a shitload of flares and even when they hit it barely does damage.. even if 1 missile hits an aircraft the aircraft becomes unstable and should crash to earth. so why do they keep heli's so powerful? they were already a pain to fight against before the patch, now its nearly impossible.. not even mentioning when there's people inside repairing the thing

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By clstirens

@whyareyoucrouchingspock said:

The problem I have with Battlefield 3 is that it's more interested in having you unlock carrot dangling rewards tthan it is in being a team game. Rather than scrapping commander mode, it should have been expanded and polished I think. This is mostly just a run and gun game in a big enviroment with vehicals. Hardly any team work going on. Team Fortress 2 (regardless of having an unlockathon) is much better in that regard.

This. A lot of the mechanics built into BF3 are not suited for teamwork. Team-oriented mechanics like suppression, laser-designation, and transport vehicles are half baked*

*Ok, so suppression got a buff, so it's far more viable a strategy, except on big maps where you just end up giving your squads position away. Laser-designation works but the person using it is hardly rewarded at all for painting targets, so almost no-one uses it half the time**. Transport chopper pilots are STILL woefully under appreciated thanks to measely "spawn-on" points. Half the time, players are so invested in getting points that they'd rather just fly the thing into a mountain and snipe, or ditch it at their destination in general.

**Recently I've started using the command station on tanks, and while I seldom get many points for helping the driver (I do often jump out and kill infantry that threaten the tank, for what it's worth), I found it is EXTREMELY fun to work together with voice chat, something pc players have to work around, to shoot down helos and jets (and other tanks! haha). But since almost no one is encouraged to use the damn thing, the entire basis of proper teamwork is lost on people.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40  Edited By Giantstalker

@clstirens said:

This. A lot of the mechanics built into BF3 are not suited for teamwork. Team-oriented mechanics like suppression, laser-designation, and transport vehicles are half baked*

To be fair, other than the commander position, every other BF game has been worse than BF3 in this regard.

It's still a teamwork oriented game, though, even if it doesn't encourage it as well as it should. Watch a clan game sometime, it can really be something to see if they know what they're doing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pornstorestiffi: Colonel service star 3 at this point, I have no idea where to find any exact amount of matches listed, but 300+ conquest ribbons have been lobbed my way at least. Nothing special, but a decent amount. With that in mind, I may have been extremely lucky with my playthroughs. The servers I play on have their regulars and are usually fairly well under check by moderators who ban baseraping choppers and jets, and occasionally take a dump at the tunguska if it's being too harrowing on infantry or vehicles from large distances - granted, this is a gameplay issue and shouldn't require moderation at all. They should have just made the mobile AA's unable to target stuff at ground level, like in good old Desert Combat.

@sideshow: I have to agree that helis are goddamn powerful. They can tear up an entire team if controlled by a skilled pilot, and if no joint-effort is being done to take it down it WILL do so - and even then, you'll lose the game since half your team will be running around trying to take the damn thing down instead of fighting enemy ground forces. I usually have canister to back up my main gun - when I blow down that wall, pellets will come half a second later by me switching to secondary. Assuming he survives that, my main gun is reloaded by the time he sticks his head out again, assuming he dares, and it's bye-bye.

@Tennmuerti: Envy me all you want, I don't mind. I was phracing my ground-to-air bit wrongly I believe. I meant that stingers can keep the air fairly clean over a rather limited area if utilized - which I think was the point of the patch and the nerf they pulled on it. Shorter lock-on time, shorter range. I'm not saying it's better than the previous one, I am simply explaining how I use it these days. Don't get me wrong, tanks have become significantly weaker, I just don't think they're as worthless as people make them out to be. Typical setup for me is at least me and a friend playing, aiming for an as well-rounded squad as possible. Stingers are not unusual amongst us, and having a recon in the third tank seat to jump out and give a quick snipe isn't bad either. A well coordinated tank trio could simply own the entire map pre-patch and have half the enemy team ragequit, but indeed, I guess they've taken it a bit too far. It's a hard middleground to find.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Justin258

@SpawnMan said:

@believer258: Wow don't have to be such a d*ck about it... My mum is a kind woman. She brought me up in the * way. F*ck c*nt d*ck sh*t 'n' chips! ; )

@Azteck said:

@believer258 said:

That seems a little overly harsh, dude. Take it easy

@James_Giant_Peach said:

@believer258 said:

Your cunt mom isn't watching. You don't have to fucking type * in the middle of curse words to bleep the goddamn things out, we here at Giantbomb don't mind if you type the nastiest curse words as long as you aren't being a dickhead.

It's also understandable if you have issues with using curse words, but if that's so then don't fucking type them out in the first place, even with a missing letter.

Guess what? Not everyone feels the same as you, and some people aren't so comfortable with casually swearing on a public forum that anyone, including children, has access to. There are people who can't help but swear, but take the time to censor it as a matter of principle and good manners. Yes it's not going to make much of a difference and hey, this is the internet and there's a whole lot of shit on it, but fuck you dude, don't act like you can tell people how to speak. Oh and please don't say "we here at Giantbomb", you're not a community spokesperson, c*nt.

All right, all right, I edited it and I guess I was a little harsh. Forgive me

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By clstirens

@Giantstalker: You're right. If anything, I wish there was a better way to encourage good teamwork in these games, perhaps through the points system? I don't know.

Also, I feel it might have been a grievous error putting the K/D on the scoreboard. It encourages too much focus on kills, not enough focus on Score and simple tickets. But that's just me.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MeierTheRed

@Asrahn said:

@pornstorestiffi: Colonel service star 3 at this point, I have no idea where to find any exact amount of matches listed, but 300+ conquest ribbons have been lobbed my way at least. Nothing special, but a decent amount. With that in mind, I may have been extremely lucky with my playthroughs. The servers I play on have their regulars and are usually fairly well under check by moderators who ban baseraping choppers and jets, and occasionally take a dump at the tunguska if it's being too harrowing on infantry or vehicles from large distances - granted, this is a gameplay issue and shouldn't require moderation at all. They should have just made the mobile AA's unable to target stuff at ground level, like in good old Desert Combat.

Maybe that is the difference, i have played around 230 matches, but they are on different servers every time pretty much, so its usually all random people. Except for a few friends.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#45  Edited By breadfan
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
    Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

I like BF3. It is fun.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SpawnMan

@sideshow said:

@Asrahn said:

@Tennmuerti:

tanks will be at 10% after 2 hits even with reactive armor.. the fact they made the repair tool slower AND tanks less powerful is double the trouble. if they did one or the other it would have been better, now they have done both tanks are useless.

scenario 1: you get hit by a javelin by a guy in/on top of a building.. you shoot your main tank gun, blow up the wall he's behind, before you can reload or drive away you have your 2nd javelin locked on and your dead

scenario 2: you are driving on open terrain.. a helicopter locks you on and shoots a rain of missiles.. only thing you can do is jump out and start repairing or you are dead. but, before you are half way repairing the chopper is back for round two. you are dead.

yet when i have anti air missiles the jets can out fly them, everything has a shitload of flares and even when they hit it barely does damage.. even if 1 missile hits an aircraft the aircraft becomes unstable and should crash to earth. so why do they keep heli's so powerful? they were already a pain to fight against before the patch, now its nearly impossible.. not even mentioning when there's people inside repairing the thing

This is exactly my experience. There is simply not enough time to kill a lone javelin guy, especially when he is locking onto you from miles away. And forget about two.

The only way I think you could be able to solve everything is if you boosted the speed of the repair gun slightly and made all but the strongest heli's 1 hit disables or very close to it. That way the short as distance of the stingers could still be usable, it'd provoke team work if you wanted to keep your armour alive, and you could at least hop out and repair if you got ambushed.

The funny thing is, is that when a repair guy is attacking me with his repair gun, it friggin' brings me down to zero health in no time at all!!

@believer258: I'd say pwned, if I didn't think I'd sound like a d*ck. Instead I shall opt for "Get taken downeth by the glorious peers of giant bomb foul beast!" ; )

But seriously, I wasn't phased lol. No need to apologize. : )

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jasonefmonk

Man people complain a lot about this game recently, I just don't see the problem. I thought the patch made the game much more balanced. Tanks are fucking awesome, C4 guys were always a pain. I find it much easier to find matches with players I can handle since the custom servers came.

I think most people just can't handle changing their strategy.

Avatar image for presidentofjellybeans
    PresidentOfJellybeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got this game on pc a little over a week ago, and a big problem for me (besides really noobing it up) seems to be falling through the world and then getting kicked by punkbuster for 2 min. Maybe that's a problem on my end? Dunno really lol.

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By twigger89

@MrCaptain said:

Not being able to cap a flag alone in a tank seems balanced to me.

That seems like the best summation of the situation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.