Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Please Help! Love the game, but I'm aweful at it (BF3 XBOX360)

Sillybigwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sillybigwillie

Unfortunately I have had to spend a lot of time mending after a series of surgeries, so I am home alone quite a bit. I don't have many games (medical bills are not cheap ha!) but my cousin bought me Battlefield 3 as well as the premium subscription. I have been playing off and on for a couple of weeks now but I am just no good. I have only leveled up twice and my kill to death ratio is like 1 to 15. I am sorry to all of my fellow players forced to be on my team. I have purchased two iphone apps and tried to research multiplayer techniques, but nothing is helping. Two questions, ONE: does anyone have any suggestions or places to go to improve my game, and TWO: should I feel bad for my poor performance and should that keep me from playing this game I love although I know I'm not helping my team? Thanks P.S. I have been playing the Dust and elysian tale demo 6 times now, if you haven't tried it, it's great. I hope to get that for my birthday this year!!!

Avatar image for irish_giant_bomber
    Irish_Giant_Bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta be a troll. Or deadly serious. Both are hilarious.

Keep practicing.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Just go into this game with the mentality of a medic, hide around corners and if someone dies scan the area if its clear run in and revive them. Chuck med packs at hot areas, this game awards you alot of experience for reviving and healing people. Also jump in a a gunner on some one thats piloting or driving a tank. Also join squads and spawn on them.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Sillybigwillie: Also, don't worry about your kill death ratio, it's BF3 not COD what you should care about is your SPM (Score per minute).

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Baillie

@Sillybigwillie: Be very careful, battlefield is a game of think first, shoot second. Work together with your squad, flanking is always key, learn the maps.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xdaknightx69

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Just go into this game with the mentality of a medic, hide around corners and if someone dies scan the area if its clear run in and revive them. Chuck med packs at hot areas, this game awards you alot of experience for reviving and healing people. Also jump in a a gunner on some one thats piloting or driving a tank. Also join squads and spawn on them.

learn the maps, if you are not good at killing then get good at support (medic,support,recon). shouldn't be to hard when its only 12v12.

do you play only CQ maps or vanilla/B2K?

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@xdaknightx69: Isnt 360 BF3 16vs16?

Avatar image for suicidalsnowman
    SuicidalSnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By SuicidalSnowman

Are you playing Deathmatch? Or any of the Close Quarters maps? On the consoles, I think its easiest to start with Rush. Try to find a STANDARD ruleset game. Search for official DICE servers or ones marked "Vanilla" (also, the forums on battlelog will help with this). Conquest is also easy to start with, but on consoles you will be playing a lot of empty maps.

Start with assault. Chuck med packs, revive when you can. Engineer is pretty easy to play (guns are easy to handle), but really you need to go up against vehicles to be fully effective. You can get exp by throwing down ammo packs as support, but it takes time to learn to use LMGs properly. If you must play recon, I suggest waiting until you have unlocked a PDW weapon (I think the UMP is fairly early). Sniping is tough in BF3 at first.

Keep in mind that battlefield is all about team play. Jump in a squad with a high level, and follow him (her?) around. If they shoot at someone, you do to. Pay attention to your positioning also. Its important. If you have a carbine, don't try and snipe.

Save TDM and the Conquest Dominaton (in the close quarters maps) for later. These are clusters, and you need to get some experience.

Also, join squads when you get in game. Don't worry about being bad for your team. They are playing pub, its their fault to. As long as you aren't trolling (in Battlefield, it usually means wasting vehicles) its fine. If you really are THAT bad, they can leave.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xdaknightx69

@Bourbon_Warrior: nope, 24players (12v12) 16v16 is 32 :P

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@xdaknightx69: Crazy I play on PC big maps only. I killed like 8 people in 1 barrel being chopper gunner today. Not enough targets with only 12 people to bring down the rain on.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xdaknightx69

@Bourbon_Warrior: yah i play PC only. 12v12 on console is boring and most maps look empty.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@xdaknightx69: Yeah it's like the politicians signed a treaty to start withdrawing troops.

Sillybigwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sillybigwillie

I have just been playing with the quick match option but I do have the expansions. I am learning the maps and trying to be plotting, but I run into the issue that I am usually dead before I can make any moves. I have tried sniper and such, but more often than not, I get placed in the train track map with the cafe and try to capture the flag. I have been able to secure two of the objectives, but had to leave the game after a half hour to do my work. Thank you for all of your help so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.