Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Preparation for Battlefield 3

cstrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cstrees

I have been playing bad company 2 for a while now and have exactly 0 friends on my xbox list, all say ahhhh or take the piss now.
    I have preordered Battlefield 3 and hope to play with some like minded people so if anyone wants to friend me, my gamertag is "chrisbag", that would very kind of you.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @cstrees:  We play Bad Company 2 bombing runs on the PC every week, with up to 25 Giant Bomb dudes playing together.. I don't think anything is going on with the X360 
     I'll be organizing the same kind of BRs for BF3 (hopefully), but it will be exclusively on the PC aswell.. keep an eye out for a Xbox 360 BF3 Community Night thread, i'm sure someone will make it. sign up there when it gets made 

I think this thread needs a lock btw.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Seppli
    @cstrees

Battlefield is my gaming baseline since BF:BC 1, as it was before the emergence of World of Warcraft, from BF1942 up until BF2 (the beta/demo mostly). Several thousands of hours of Battlefield experience are all the preparation I'll need. Recently I switched from PS3 to PC; I've picked up BF:BC 2 for PC during the PSN outage and I'm back ontop of the pile again, starting to rake-in multiple Ace Pins every session. It is harder to be a driving force with PC's higher playercount and I expect BF3's 64 player Conquest to be a big challenge for me to excell in the same manner; it's definitely possible though and that's what I'm gunning for - delivering excellent personal performance and being a team's driving force to successfully earn wins. I've yet to send out requests. I'll soon be ready to do so. Still need to wrap my head around Vanilla choppers; fuckers still drop on me like stones.

My advice. Learn to be a driving force without a squad of friends backing you up. Adapt to your team's flow and be helpful and mindful - yet remain aggressive. When starting out - play lots of medic and support your dudes. You'll learn tons by just hanging back a few steps and fulfill your battlefield role. The least you'll learn is to be on the frontline and yet remain safe; it's usually just a matter of steps and minute angles. The better a player you are, the easier you'll find good squaddies. Personally, I cannot stand playing with lesser players. They need to be as good or better than me or I can't stand their company. I've not sent many friends requests on PSN, just the best I encounter and EA UK Battlefield forum regulars, but I've not been refused and I've found good players and rivals to play with that way. Most people whom I've accepted from requests just ended up annoying me. Playing with great players is a treat. Adding friends just for friends sake ain't advisable. If I can't count on dudes to do what I do, as well as I do, like gunning efficiently, I just can't deal with it.

Be quiet. Act aggressive. Gun for Ace. Go for the win. And If you're talking. Talk shop. That's my kind of BF player.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.