Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Sorry Call of duty ...

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Edin899

I did not expect this.

Before the beta i read other people´s views about this game. That it´s alot like medal of honor. And too much like Bad company.

I was never a fan of those games.

So today i woke up, turned on my xbox and downloaded the beta and wow !

The gameplay feels so good.

The shooting, jumping over walls, going prone. It all feels great.

I like how in this game you actually have to use cover unlike in call of duty where you can just run out and get 15 kills.

You die really fast unless you jump into prone as soon as you hear a gunshot.

I do think the sniper is overpowered because at some points i got like 10 kills in a row with it just staying prone and watching a street. But to be honest the people i shot were just running around and never used cover.

I also think the pod on the lmg´s are great.You can hold down the stairs at metro by yourself pretty much.

Man what a great game ! Not buying call of duty this year. I´m going for something more team oriented and fun!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I'm genuinely happy that you enjoy the infantry combat of Battlefield 3. Here's hoping the conquest fans will enjoy the game's conquest

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Branthog

The only thing that can really hinder BF3, at this point, is not having people to co-operate with. Good chance this will turn into the same old problem of everyone jacking a vehicle and driving away on their own reckless journey to get themselves killed, like old times.

thornie_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thornie_delete

@Branthog said:

The only thing that can really hinder BF3, at this point, is not having people to co-operate with. Good chance this will turn into the same old problem of everyone jacking a vehicle and driving away on their own reckless journey to get themselves killed, like old times.

My first night, I did not see a lot of lone wolf gameplay. Everyone was stoked to play as a team. Last night it was all level 25s and level 30s raping the map and people panicking and scattering. Not fun.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By mfpantst
    @Branthog said:
    those were good times, though.
    sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By sagesebas

Has anyone downloaded it on the ps3 yet?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Seppli

@Branthog said:

Spawn directly in any open seat on any manned vehicle out of spawnscreen, regardless of squad - CONFIRMED.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By ericdrum

@Seppli said:

@Branthog said:

Spawn directly in any open seat on any manned vehicle out of spawnscreen, regardless of squad - CONFIRMED.

Seriously? I didn't notice that. Awesome.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    I'm genuinely happy that you enjoy the infantry combat of Battlefield 3. Here's hoping the conquest fans will enjoy the game's conquest
    Now that I've played caspian border, I can confirm that yes, conquest fans are jizzing all over this beautiful fucking game <3
    gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By gamb1t

CONQUEST CONQUEST CONQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yea and 64 players :D

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Cloudenvy

@AhmadMetallic said:

@AhmadMetallic said:
    Now that I've played caspian border, I can confirm that yes, conquest fans are jizzing all over this beautiful fucking game <3

I am so fucking tempted to go back read some of your previous threads about this game. :3

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Vinny_Says

@Edin899 said:

And too much like Bad company.

I was never a fan of those games.

I like how in this game you actually have to use cover unlike in call of duty where you can just run out and get 15 kills.

Man what a great game ! Not buying call of duty this year. I´m going for something more team oriented and fun!

So....you didn't like Bad Company 2, but you love Battlefield 3 because of the reasons that made Bad Company 2 better than CoD?

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By theguy

Sounds like fun. I'm on PC still waiting for this browser plugin I need to play to install....

jtman54179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jtman54179

@gamb1t said:

CONQUEST CONQUEST CONQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yea and 64 players :D

pc only yeah?

that many on console and id be sold

WiqidBritt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WiqidBritt

there's a nice heavy physicality to the movement like seeing your legs swing out when you hop over a fence or the way your view angle tilts if you drop to prone while strafing. being zoomed in with a scope feels a little odd though, not bad really, just a lot looser than what I'm used to.

when people started complaining that this was too much like medal of honor I was worried I'd spend the whole beta getting killed by people who were apparently somewhere in front of me, but somehow I couldn't see them, but that hasn't been the case at all.

now, if there was only some hope that they would release the caspian border map for the console beta so I can crash a jet directly into a tank

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By onarum

So the demo beta available now is just a deathmatch map? no conquest?

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jayjonesjunior

@jtman54179 said:

@gamb1t said:

pc only yeah?

that many on console and id be sold

gotta take what you can get.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BraveToaster

Can anyone download the beta?

jtman54179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jtman54179

@Axxol said:

for xbox its under demos, not sure about pc

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By lead_farmer

Played it on the PS3. Gameplay seems alright. Not being able to tinker with the load-out stuff before jumping into a game is dumb, but if you can get a squad that actually wants to work together you will have a good time.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@Axxol said:

I'm at around 20% on PC right now.

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hameyadea

I seriously can't see how CoD's multiplayer is different from one game to the next, in each game you run & gun until the round ends. But in the BF series, try that "technique" you'll get yourself 6 feet under very quickly, and you need to work more as team than as a loner and that is why I think that BF3's multiplayer is might be the best sounding option (not counting that Origin crap and all that, though).

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#24  Edited By natetodamax

You die really, really fast in the game which in a way I like because it encourages cautious and smart gameplay, instead of blindly running around. I dunno. I'm a little concerned about vehicles, because I've been getting killed in less than 4 shots with many weapons and I can't imagine how deadly vehicles are going to be.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @Axxol said:

It's in Origin under the free games tab in the marketplace.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BraveToaster

@wolf_blitzer85: @PeasantAbuse: @jtman54179 said:

@Axxol said:

for xbox its under demos, not sure about pc

Thanks!

dirkfunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dirkfunk

I gotta try it. . . stupid full time job. . .

mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mthe1337one

Been "playing" the Beta on PC... SOOOOOO tempted to want to buy it when it comes out, but that would require having me to DEFINITELY upgrade my gfx card. Man, my GTX 260 doesn't cut it anymore... I can barely run the beta at 1280x720 LOL.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DonPixel

Yup this game is goooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By 137

@Branthog said:

Some people want a game that forces you to work as a team to win rather than having some dickbag hide in a corner calling in nukes, harriers, and chopper gunners not giving a shit the game mode is domination.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AuthenticM

The aiming and shooting feel less good than in Bad Company 2. Still a great game.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By ericdrum

@AuthenticM: I'm playing on PC, but that's one area where I feel the game improved a lot. I like it a lot better now.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By iDarktread

Unless the Modern Warfare 3 has flawless Call of Duty 4esque sniping mechanics, and an absolutely fantastic Search & Destroy, I am going to skip it this year.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By metalmoog

Here's hoping this game's multiplayer hasn't changed much from Bad Company 2, that game has the best FPS multiplayer i've ever played.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By Branthog

@137 said:

@Branthog said:

Some people want a game that forces you to work as a team to win rather than having some dickbag hide in a corner calling in nukes, harriers, and chopper gunners not giving a shit the game mode is domination.

Exactly. Unfortunately, that means nothing if 90% of your team is not interested in working as a team -- or doesn't even mic-up.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ben_H

@MetalMoog said:

Here's hoping this game's multiplayer hasn't changed much from Bad Company 2, that game has the best FPS multiplayer i've ever played.

You should play BF2, it's insane. It has multiplayer many times better than BC2 (which I agree has fantastic multiplayer. But BF2 is that much better). Hopefully BF3 is comparable to BF2.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By bwmcmaste

@Edin899 said:

I´m going for something more team oriented and fun!

Just remember: revive, resupply, and reinforce your team mates.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jetsetwillie

yeah, i played the fuck out of the beta last night on the PC. its amazing.

still really looking forward to MW3 too though, im on of those strange breed of people that actually likes 2 things

shadystx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By shadystx

Yeah I downloaded the beta on 360 yesterday and played it for a couple of hours.

I am not a big fan of FPS multi player, I think Call Of Duty 4 put me off as since then I have not played much FPS MP at all, Over the past few years I have mainly played Fifa on-line Enjoyed some Splinter Cell, Kill zone and Gears Of War, I usually try out a little MP with each game but I get new games that often I am usually off playing another SP game before I get the chance to get good at one game on-line.

I did not not do terribly well at BF3 but had some fun, I think a tutorial would have helped as since I have not played a lot of FPS games on-line I really did not know what to do, I could see their were some objectives to complete but I would end up in a fire fight before reaching an objective and half the time I did not know if I was attacking or defending, Also I kept shooting players on my team as at first I did not realise their was only four of us in my squad but their were more of us on our team so at first I kept trying to shoot players with names that were not in my squad, Obviously once I clicked on to what was going on I started getting the hang of it, But a tutorial would have been nice, I assume one will be in the full version.

I kept getting killed a lot to start with, I would run to where the battle was happening see my team mates shooting into the distance and think the battle is that way, I head in that direction and BANG I'm dead, and 90% of the time on the kill cam it was some guy in prone position that I just could not see, These were all just rookie mistakes and when i got the hang of it I started getting just as many kills as deaths which I was happy with.

I am downloading the PC version now to check out some of the sweet graphics and larger battles.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Twisted_Scot
    @Hameyadea said:
    I seriously can't see how CoD's multiplayer is different from one game to the next, in each game you run & gun until the round ends. But in the BF series, try that "technique" you'll get yourself 6 feet under very quickly, and you need to work more as team than as a loner and that is why I think that BF3's multiplayer is might be the best sounding option (not counting that Origin crap and all that, though).
    Depends if you talking about XBL or not :) Playing heavy team games like BF3 on XBL is a pain in the ass and there so many morons just wandering about and trying to get kills, or trying to pull off no scopes etc cos they iz l33t.  all the while ignoring the objectives. COD while way more run-n-gun arcade style FPS allows you to still stand a chance when you team are tools as I have played team games and taken out the entire enemy team to scrape a win. Both very different IMO. I'll be picking up both this year, Battlefiled 3 for my team FPS game and MW3 for my "drinking all night" game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.