Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

The Battlefield 3 Problem

PatchRowcester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PatchRowcester

Here are a few thoughts about Battlefield 3 that I posted on my blog. You can check out the blog with the pictures and links [Link removed by moderator]

So what do you guys think about Battlefield 4? Do you think it will be any good? Or are you too pre occupied with other games to even think of Battlefield?

When I first purchased Battlefield 3, I never would have believed that I would play it for almost 250 hours, considering that I returned it the first time I bought. I purchased it the second time, and it seemed like a different game!

Too much Battlefield 3

So anyway, what this has done is prevented me from playing any other game. I have a large number of games I haven't even started playing yet, and I have a feeling I will never finish them in my lifetime.

My Backloggery account tells me that I have 96 games that are unfinished. There is no way I will ever get to finish all those games, considering Battlefield 4 is coming out next year. Unless EA and DICE completely screw the game, I suspect I will be playing it for a long time.

While I am at it, I may as well say it:

Dear EA and DICE,

This may be hard for you to comprehend, but there are those of us that like Battlefield. I might even say, there are those of us that love the game. Even as you try to drive us away by making bad decisions, we will refuse to give up on Battlefield.

You have forced us to use Origin, for no good reason other than promoting your marketing crap; you restricted access to Battlefield 4 beta to those who pre-ordered Medal of Honor Warfighter - considering you restricted the beta of MOH Warfighter to just 360 owners, that a big "fuck you" to the rest of the potential customers. These decisions which I believe are conceived in the depths of marketing hell are not going to make the game any better.

If Medal of Honor Warfighter is a good game, it will sell on its merits alone. If anything, this makes me more weary about buying the game, which I won't anyway, despite your best (worst?) efforts.

So here is what I ask - treat your customers with respect. That goes for console customers and PC customers. I have this sinking feeling that Battlefield is trying to be Call of Duty with yearly releases, and you know what that does to the quality of the game, right?

Give each platform the dedication it deserves, and if there is a single player campaign, NO MORE QUICK TIME EVENTS! Its the scourge of gaming. Leave it to lazy developers to resort to QTEs. You guys are better than that (I hope).

Battlefield 3 is an amazing game, irrespective of all the hate it seems to get. Its not perfect, but no game is. Armored Kill is one of the best expansions ever. I love it. It feels like a proper PC game; and that is really all we ask.

Taking out a chopper with a tank in Bandar Desert.

Another chopper goes down in Bandar Desert

As of now, I am still hopeful. Should Battlefield 4 feel like sloppy sequel, I shall move on and not look back.

Just continue the good work you did with Battlefield 3 on the PC, is all I am saying.

Sincerely,

PR.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

This looks like a bunch of Facebook or Twitter posts about Battlefield 3...

PatchRowcester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PatchRowcester

@believer258 said:

This looks like a bunch of Facebook or Twitter posts about Battlefield 3...

Really...? I don't know what it means, but I am assuming that you meant it as a put down of some sort? :P

Paarthurnax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Paarthurnax

I honestly liked Battlefield 3 when I rented it for a week. Saw some copies on amazon for like 15 bucks. Probably will pick a copy up during winter break, even if EA is starting to get on my nerves with all their signing up to annoying online services crap. The multiplayer is a whole lot of fun but I don't get how some people dedicate so much time on only it when there are so many games out there to play.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheHumanDove

generic put down

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By YOU_DIED

I've played a few hundred hours of BF: BC 2 and I was pretty let down by BF3. The desaturation filter they throw over the camera is really lame. I have a hard time believing that someone at DICE actually thinks it looks good like that. The weapons don't feel or sound as good as they did in Bad Company 2 and most of the maps are much worse.

No Caption Provided

I'm generally uninterested in any modern military shooters coming out. The moment to moment gameplay is getting really tired and worn out, and we've all played hundreds of hours of it. The settings, story, and characters also suffer from this. So yea, not that interested in BF 4.

PatchRowcester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PatchRowcester

@BadAxel114 said:

I honestly liked Battlefield 3 when I rented it for a week. Saw some copies on amazon for like 15 bucks. Probably will pick a copy up during winter break, even if EA is starting to get on my nerves with all their signing up to annoying online services crap. The multiplayer is a whole lot of fun but I don't get how some people dedicate so much time on only it when there are so many games out there to play.

I would totally agree with you, but then I got addicted to the unscripted gameplay. The unpredictability of the matches, the fantastic levels have completely captured me interest. If you look at my Xfire profile, http://www.xfire.com/profile/chandu83/ I play a whole lot games, and I don't spend a lot of time on one game. I did for Quake 3, TF2 and BF3.

But lately, yeah, its been all about BF3, and this is why the Premium pack has been awesome for me. By the time I get tired of playing the maps, there is a new map pack out, and that will keep me busy.

I know a lot of people are mad about the Premium, and I was too at first. In fact, the first time I bought it, I returned it back to Amazon because I thought Battlelog was the dumbest thing in the world. It does take a little getting used to at first, but then once I became a little open minded about it, I totally liked it. Same with the premium.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Giantstalker

This seems more like a Battlefield 4 problem, or even a Medal of Honor: Warfighter problem.

I'm not sure why it's such a grave issue to not be able to play the unfinished, buggy version of a game. It would be nice, but I don't hate them for restricting the 'privilege' (I use that term loosely) to help boost sales of another product. They know some people really, really want it; and yes, they're exploiting that fact. But regardless, I don't think anyone should feel entitled to play the beta version of their next game.

That said, I agree, BF3 is a fantastic game - I feel it's dramatic improvement over Bad Company 2 in virtually every way.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

It's technically very impressive but that doesn't make it fun.

Keep in mind I've never played it...

...on pc.

PatchRowcester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PatchRowcester

@Giantstalker said:

This seems more like a Battlefield 4 problem, or even a Medal of Honor: Warfighter problem.

I'm not sure why it's such a grave issue to not be able to play the unfinished, buggy version of a game. It would be nice, but I don't hate them for restricting the 'privilege' (I use that term loosely) to help boost sales of another product. They know some people really, really want it; and yes, they're exploiting that fact. But regardless, I don't think anyone should feel entitled to play the beta version of their next game.

That said, I agree, BF3 is a fantastic game - I feel it's dramatic improvement over Bad Company 2 in virtually every way.

I understand what you are saying. I am being an entitled bitch about the whole thing, but it felt like a total dick move. That's what I did not like.

Also when I said Battlefield 3 problem, I meant to suggest that because of battlefield 3, I am not able to play any of the other games I have. I can see why that title was confusing.

You are one of the few people who said that BF3 was an improvement over BC2. Everyone else on the forums have been hating on this game and calling BC2 a superior game. I am not if that is true because I did not play BC2.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By big_jon

Battlefield 3 is great in some ways, and horrible in others.

Over all it is a huge let down in my eyes.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By mosdl

Funny thing is, we tried a BC2 game-night a few months ago, and everyone hated it. Turns out BF3 improves on it a lot, nostalgia can be a bitch.

PatchRowcester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PatchRowcester

@big_jon said:

Battlefield 3 is great in some ways, and horrible in others.

Over all it is a huge let down in my eyes.

Why do you think that is?

@mosdl said:

Funny thing is, we tried a BC2 game-night a few months ago, and everyone hated it. Turns out BF3 improves on it a lot, nostalgia can be a bitch.

That is true. Its funny how people look back at older games and all the flaws cease to exist.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By intro

I can't use anything I paid for on Origin, so send another "fuck you" for me. No just kidding, I know that's rude and won't solve anything, but Origin still fucking sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.