Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Today In Battlefield 3 Screw-Ups: Battlefield 1943 Not Included With PS3 Copies as Promised

vonFlampanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By vonFlampanker

@MattyFTM: @MattyFTM said:

They could have apologized for the mishap and gave every PS3 BF3 owner a free download copy of 1943. But nope. Oh EA.

My thoughts exactly. What would have been the problem with getting a code out to people? Not like they're making a mint off of 1943 at this point anyway.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Funkydupe

MW3, 10 out of 10, 5/5. Wait for it...

church069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By church069

On one hand, why would anyone be playing BF: 1943 when they have BF3, but still from a consumer perspective this is shitty. Plus giving early access of DLC to PS3 owners as a apology is a terrible solution because now Xbox 360 and PC owners are being given the shaft.

While so far I have enjoyed my time with BF3, the release of this game has been an absolute PR nightmare for EA.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By Shivoa

To make up for not including 1943 on the disc (which Sony told everyone would happen during their E3), the PS3 will get all expansions early. Which is an odd thing to say, as expansions are released as soon as they are ready. So either PS3 users get to buy expansions that have not been fully tested first, acting as beta testers for the content before it comes to other platforms, or EA have just announced that they're going to sit on completed PC/360 expansions and refuse to sell them because they fucked up the PS3 release bonus. EA's PC focussed FPS (ok, without mods and unofficial servers and a lot of the PC feel) everyone, all wrapped up in timed exclusive content for the PS3 to make you really feel the PC love.

*golf clap*

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#55  Edited By MeatSim

Well that sucks and you would think with the server issues they had with Bad Company 2 at launch they would learn there lesson. Nope 360 servers still go down on launch day. I was able to get online later that night but it's still atrocious.

Avatar image for deactivated-613c903ddf820
    deactivated-613c903ddf820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

How does something like this even happen? Did someone in the EA office go like: hey I know we promised to include battlefield 1943 on the PS3 version but meh they'll probably won't even notice.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By lockwoodx

/golfclap

dezvous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#58  Edited By dezvous

Hmmm... I didn't know it was supposed to even come with it, but having played 1943 I can say you're not missing out on much.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59  Edited By Seppli

@vonFlampanker said:

They could have apologized for the mishap and gave every PS3 BF3 owner a free download copy of 1943. But nope. Oh EA.

My thoughts exactly. What would have been the problem with getting a code out to people? Not like they're making a mint off of 1943 at this point anyway.

Wouldn't it be Sony who has to apologize? It's their fucking bonus deal. At E3 they said it's going to be BF1943 and then they change it for a 1 week exclusivity deal on DLC, without informing the public about the omission of BF1943.

Sony's at least as guilty as EA, though I feel like it's Sony who's broken promises here and not EA.

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By LegalBagel

Countdown till EA gets hit with a false advertising suit...

Telling people that a game will include a $15 bonus game for free on disc. Then not including the bonus and instead claiming that it's been replaced with the option to buy other stuff early. Even though that exclusivity had already been announced, and no-one in their right mind would consider week-early exclusivity to purchase things to be even close to the equivalent of a $15 game. If that's not a recipe for a giant fucking lawsuit, I don't know what is.

I've been ignoring the BF3/MW3 flame wars and build-up so far, and it looks like I've made the right choice so far.

sublime90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By sublime90

wow this is all kinds of fucked up. i guess they were to busy (EA), pretending to be a call of duty killer that they forgot. looks like jeff wasnt kidding on the newest bombcast when he said this was probably one of the top 5 worst game releases he's ever been a part of.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By grilledcheez

That's fucked

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#63  Edited By Entreri10

Man, EA is really messing this up...oh well the multiplayer is amazing and the reason I bought it

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By turboman

first Batman, now this..

I'm never paying full price for a video game ever again.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Harkat

@Seppli said:

@Harkat said:

@imsh_pl said:

@Stingraymond said:

Disappointment of the year and it just gets worse.

You should really play Duke Nukem Forever.

Difference was, people knew Duke was going to be shit months in advance. BF was going to be, even to a lot of people who Know Their Shit, the greatest thing ever.

You guys are fucking nuts. Do you think any of this shit matters to me, when I'm sitting in my A-10 raining death on the beaches of Kharg Island? Nuh-uh. BF3 is going to be WICKED!

As for this BF1943 SNAFU. Who gives a shit? Poor communication from both EA and Sony. It was a stupid bonus to begin with. It's a shame such shit gets in the way of what seems to me like the multiplayer game to beat this season.

I haven't played the game, so I can't attest to its quality. It looks pretty good, but that's not the point.

EA are handling this launch very poorly. The majority of BF3 players will be console players, yet the console beta, and reportedly - the final game, is buggy as all hell and struggles with its online infrastructure. The server problems won't get better any time soon, either - European launch is this Friday.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#66  Edited By Davvyk

Im struggling to see what EA brings to the DICE party other than negative press.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#67  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

You know what, EA? Congratulations. You win. I'm not buying your game. I hope you bury yourselves in an insurmountable debt-hole with this and TOR.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

@Seppli said:

@vonFlampanker said:

Wouldn't it be Sony who has to apologize? It's their fucking bonus deal. At E3 they said it's going to be BF1943 and then they change it for a 1 week exclusivity deal on DLC, without informing the public about the omission of BF1943.

Sony's at least as guilty as EA, though I feel like it's Sony who's broken promises here and not EA.

It sounds like EA simply forgot to put it on the disk. Making it EA's fault. If Sony or EA planned to replace 1943 with early access to the DLC, they would have announced it beforehand, surely.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By chilibean_3

Hilarious!

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Funkydupe

@Entreri10 said:

Man, EA is really messing this up...oh well the multiplayer is amazing and the reason I bought it

Hopefully this is what'll save the Battlefield IP after this nuke-fest.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By M_Shini

I already wasnt that intrested and was only proberly going to try it to check it out but stuff like this puts me off about companys, Pile of shames already too big ill play them instead

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By Sooty

This is hilarious.

Although I don't think people are missing much. 1943 is possibly the worst Battlefield games to date.

vonFlampanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By vonFlampanker

@Davvyk said:

Im struggling to see what EA brings to the DICE party other than negative press.

Don't forget terrible arbitrary requirements like SecuRom and Origin.

Avatar image for ultimatepunchrod
    ultimatepunchrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75  Edited By ultimatepunchrod

why dont they just give BF 1943 away as a download?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Funkydupe

@Sooty said:

This is hilarious.

Although I don't think people are missing much. 1943 is possibly the worst Battlefield games to date.

True. A promise is a promise though. And you know.. Free stuff.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#77  Edited By Giantstalker
    @jfk80

Not bothered in the slightest, I'll be too busy playing, y'know, Battlefield 3?

This. People love getting caught up in the petty periphery stuff and prefer to ignore that DICE has created one of the best multiplayer games in years. Typical, but what can you expect from 'faux-pas' hungry media. Obscure the honest to goodness fun with as much sensationalist smoke as possible, right on!
    kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#78  Edited By kalmis

Oh my

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Vexxan

Just more of DICE making great games and EA destroying them.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Grimluck343

I could care less who "wins" between CoD and B3, but at this point I want to see Modern Warfare 3 demolish B3 just out of principle.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#81  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@ImperiousRix said:

Is it just me, or does Battlefield 3 have a lot of jacked up shit surrounding it for such a high profile release?

Well, the same stuff happened with Medal of Honor last year, despite everybody treating it like it was some low budget Gameloft stuff now, up until release it was treated like it would be the greatest military shooter of all time, with a lot of the stupid "going beyond the call of duty" shit that they've done with BF3. It too was fucked up on launch, and never got fixed. Hopefully EA at least won't repeat that last part this year.

vonFlampanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By vonFlampanker

@MattyFTM said:

@Seppli said:

@vonFlampanker said:

It sounds like EA simply forgot to put it on the disk. Making it EA's fault. If Sony or EA planned to replace 1943 with early access to the DLC, they would have announced it beforehand, surely.

Thus making these early-run discs valuable collectors items instead of mistakes! Well played, EA and Sony.

Zaxex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#83  Edited By Zaxex

That's unfortunate. I really enjoyed 1943 on XBLA. For a moment I thought 1943 hadn't yet come to PSN, but I remember that it has. So all people are losing is a free $10 game? As disappointing as I'm sure this news is these people probably have 1943 already or can pick it up for $10.

EA should have been more careful with the marketing clearly. I'm surprised this wasn't noticed earlier and addressed. As much as I like EA this was certainly handled poorly.

The story's a little impassioned isn't it? Doesn't seem very news-y. Maybe Alex really wanted that 1943 copy.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ProfessorEss

Haha, that's pretty messed up. 

But hey, this kinda bullshit we have to put up with on a regular basis is all worth it if it helps kill the used games market and sends the additional profits to EA's bank account where where it belongs. 

...right?

Kexpakki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Kexpakki

"EA has made all BF3 expansions available early to PS3 customers."

ummm....so they weren't happy just pissing off the PS3 consumers, so they decide to piss off all other BF players by giving the PS3 the expansions early?

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#87  Edited By Chummy8

EA should (and will, if the public backlash is strong enough) come up with a better compensation idea than that. Having not played the game, or any other military shooter since GRAW, BF3 looks amazing. I might get it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ProfessorEss said:

Haha, that's pretty messed up. But hey, this kinda bullshit we have to put up with on a regular basis is all worth it if it helps kill the used games market and sends the additional profits to EA's bank account where where it belongs. ...right?

Right. Poor EA.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By DG991

Never buying this game ever.

Also, Alex that was the best .gif I have ever seen. Hilarious.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By bybeach

@MattyFTM said:

@Seppli said:

@vonFlampanker said:

How do you forget something like that? A corporation, though it may present itself as a single entity, has many heads in practicality. SOMEONE remembered they were suppossed to do that. Someones remembered it i would think almost on a 24 hour cycle. I'm starting to wonder what the hell is the culture at EA. Or Sony. I would and should feel embasssed if it is as transparant as the stage acting of a proffessional wrestler. I feel corps are cold and self serving in nature, but do follow simple rules, especially where they would cirtaintly get caught. Thats why lawyers, among other things

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Wacomole

Hmmm. When I pre-ordered the PS3 Limited Edition version from Amazon, I didn't see any indication of there being a version of 1943 packed in and this news story is really the first time it' s registered with me that they were even thinking of doing it.

Therefore I'm suffering no feelings of loss... which paradoxically makes me feel like I'm missing out on something. Where's MY sense of rage!?! I've nothing to moan about, damn it!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5eca34e37141a
    deactivated-5eca34e37141a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sooty said:

This is hilarious.

I respectfully disagree, I love 1943. Have you played BF heroes?

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Zabant

Remember 07 to early 2010 when everyone started liking EA and forgot about how it was the worst company ever at the start of the decade?

Oh ho how cyclical the industry is, next thing you know activision will start being nice.

briansanderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By briansanderson

Wow. Nice one EA.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#95  Edited By MildMolasses

@Aetheldod said:

Yes EA wants to dethrone Actimilktion from the evil corporate bs ladder and with style it seems

You are trying way too hard with that.

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By xbob42

@Giantstalker said:

@jfk80

Not bothered in the slightest, I'll be too busy playing, y'know, Battlefield 3?

This. People love getting caught up in the petty periphery stuff and prefer to ignore that DICE has created one of the best multiplayer games in years. Typical, but what can you expect from 'faux-pas' hungry media. Obscure the honest to goodness fun with as much sensationalist smoke as possible, right on!

"We got a game we like, so it's okay to keep sticking it up our ass!"

Do us all a favor, next time you have a thought, keep it to yourself.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#97  Edited By Enigma777

Yup, so happy I didn't buy this. 

Avatar image for deactivated-59011e8c08e03
    deactivated-59011e8c08e03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*deleted*

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#99  Edited By chilibean_3

Guys. I don't think I can stop watching that gif Alex linked to. It's amazing.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By superfriend

I´m surprised they even made their launch date. Game looked unfinished as hell... guess the last couple of weeks before going gold must have been pretty rough over at DICE. I imagine them handing over the gold master disc was a little like in a spy movie: Last second save before the bomb timer reaches zero.

Their priorities were definitely not on any extra stuff. Or maybe they´re just evil/clueless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.