Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

What Bit of Battlefield 3 is your Favorite?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Edited By Seppli

Poll What Bit of Battlefield 3 is your Favorite? (58 votes)

Campaign 2%
    Coop 5%
    Vanilla Multiplayer 43%
    Back 2 Karkand 29%
    Close Quarters 5%
    Armored Kill 2%
    Aftermath 5%
    End Game 9%

Singleplayer, Coop, Vanilla Multiplayer or Expansion? What is your favorite bit of Battlefield 3?

• 
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Seppli

For me, it's easily the content that came with the Aftermath expansion. Due to lock-on warfare and the often indirect nature of gadgets, I despise Battlefield 3's combined arms balance - infantry, land vehicles, chopper and jets just don't mesh in a way that's fun to me - battle often feels impersonal, like it's not been a fight. Aftermath's only got infantry and land vehicles and scout choppers, all which mesh together in a more personal fashion, and thus are much more fun to me.

Markaz Monolith is the most promising map in Battlefield history, and quickly became one of my all-time favorites. It's unprecedented verticality and spot-on mix between wide-open and tight spaces is simply amazing, and I feel like it's just the tip of the iceberg, as how far DICE will be able to go with urban warfare. Full-blown vehicular mayhem in a true metropolitan setting - here we come!

Since BF:BC 1, I much preferred Rush mode over classic Conquest, but something about BF3 made me sour on the formula. Likely it's the blinding lighting. Being locked into attacking or defending seeing nothing but sunglare makes my blood boil with rage. It also took but one mortar to the head, whilst disarming an M-COM, by a dude on the other end of the map, that I knew Rush in BF3 is no longer for me. Shame.

With that in mind, core rules large version maps 48-64 player Conquest is how I chose to play BF3, and Aftermath's the only expansion that doesn't get me foaming with rage from the mouth (outside of the utterly inoffensive Close Quarters maps, which are baller infantry-only maps - but thusly don't offer the full Battlefield experience). I also enjoy Back 2 Karkand and Armored Kill, but every so often some aspect of the combined warfare balance gets me so angry... best not to talk about it. Something about End Game really gets to me, more so than other expansions. A map like Kisari Railroad should totally be in my wheelhouse, but BF3 just manages to make me mad more often not, playing End Game maps.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

Tanks yo.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By OfficeGamer

@tennmuerti said:

Tanks yo.

word

Disclaimer: I just felt like saying word I don't really play Battle Field.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Putting c4 on jeeps then driving the jeep into the bad guys then jumping out of the jeep and blowing it up.

Then putting c4 on a jet then flying the jet into the bad guys and causing huge ass dumb explosions.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tanks. Tanks. Tanks.

I want more and different vehicles and less on-foot stuff in my Battlefield.

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By vivek

Jumping on UAV's and riding it to the top of a building. Before it was removed.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Funkydupe

Vanilla works nicely for me. I think all vehicles as well as infantry gets the opportunity to shine.

I like stabbing people from the front as opposed to stabbing them in the back. It is way cooler.

I like welding enemy tanks/vehicles with my repair tool, and as they jump out, I jump in and steal their tank/vehicle. I hardly use them, so I almost immediately jump back out again. The enemy either tries to run away, blow up his old vehicle or jump back in as a driver as I usually jump out again in which case I repair/dismantle his ride. Either way I win.

I also like to attack & clear buildings. If a flag is inside or near a building then I'm in my element. I hate defending buildings and tend to move on to the next flag instead of just camping out.

My newest hobby is to shoot down helicopters, sometimes that's all I do. Often you see the same guys flying around and I learn how they respond to AA, and once I've learned their way of flying, I kill them until they stop flying.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Seppli

Will we ever be able to edit the first post after a poll? It's driving me nuts. Typos and structure and god knows what... GRRRR.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the main appeal of Battlefield was that it provides several ways to play, as opposed to infantry-only fps games; I don't support that they're building "games within the game" by making expansions especially for tank enthusiasts, or especially for close quarter fanatics. Battlefield to me is a large map, with portions which are great for all the types there are; it should be a sandbox in that regard more than be directed and focused like we're seeing indications of in BF3.

BF4 should be like this: Here is a huge map. Go play!

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I am enjoying CTF a lot, forces team play for defense/offense.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Alexander

Jets mostly. CTF is great and Conquest on the vanilla maps is also great, apart from Metro.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By big_jon

Tanks, though they were better in BC2.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Putting c4 on jeeps then driving the jeep into the bad guys then jumping out of the jeep and blowing it up.

Then putting c4 on a jet then flying the jet into the bad guys and causing huge ass dumb explosions.

Can't tell you how many servers I've been banned from for lacing C4 on unmanned jetfighters and triggering the detonator when a teammate spawns in and takes off.

So fucking worth it.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Me and my buddy becoming beasts with the attack chopper, was really pissed off when DICE decided to take away the flares for the gunner, because we had a system down on lock and that balancing changed everything, we were a bit overpowered though.

dannyodwyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#15 dannyodwyer  Staff

The campaign wasn't very strong but that Parisian level was outstanding.

Damn, I really need to get Premium.

evilrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it would easily be Back to Karkand DLC, I was waiting to revisit old BF2 maps since BC1 came out and this is the most fun I had playing BF3.

Nivash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nivash

I think I love everything - infantry, tanks, helicopters, jets, you name it. It's all fun. That's the best part of BF: if you get tired of one role you can just switch to another mid-game.

I tend to gravitate towards jets on maps that have them because achieving air superiority on your own and then proceeding to rain death from above like a freaking thundergod is such a power trip.

But it's all good. As for my favorite part of how BF3 differs from the rest, I think it's in the infantry role though: movement and guns just feel that much better compared to the previous games.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've recently been playing BF3 Vanilla with a group of friends on P.C after a long, long absence from the game. They all own the D.L.C, and tell me it's quality, but not worth the asking price in retrospect.

Caustic_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't say much on the end of DLC's (Standard version), but multiplayer is probably the only thing thats keeping me playing. I completely forgot about the campaign after the first month of playing through it.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmo said:

I've recently been playing BF3 Vanilla with a group of friends on P.C after a long, long absence from the game. They all own the D.L.C, and tell me it's quality, but not worth the asking price in retrospect.

Totally worth it if you bought Premium, not to mention it came down in price soon after release (PC version).

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CONQUEST.

BACKSTAB.

BATTLEFIELD 2: MODERN COMBAT DEMO.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Jrinswand

I didn't play Battlefield 3 for long. I really didn't enjoy the way they made the combat so much more fast-paced than the types of firefights you would get in BC2. Also, the game really suffered from a lack of personality. Everything felt too cold and sterile.

That said, I got a little enjoyment out of the multiplayer. It definitely didn't keep me hooked though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.