Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

What version of the game will you be getting?

• 141 results
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#101  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Meowshi said:
    " @MonetaryDread said:

Controllers are simply not precise enough to play a FPS properly. 

Considering that 6 out of 10 of the highest-selling 360 games are an FPS, I'd say that people seem to like the precision and fluidity of controllers just fine.   "
    even if 10 out of 10 of the highest selling console games are FPS games, that doesnt mean anything concerning precision and fluidity.. 

if the norm and 'whats cool' is for you to play COD on the X360 and barely hit anything, then thats what the majority of people will do. but since that was gonna happen if COD was a serious shooter, they un-serious'd it by making you kill people just by spraying bullets around them. which keeps console players coming back ;]
    GDGD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By GDGD

PC for life son ! Nothing beats the mouse and keyboard. 

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Meowshi
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @Meowshi said:

" @MonetaryDread said:

Controllers are simply not precise enough to play a FPS properly. 

Considering that 6 out of 10 of the highest-selling 360 games are an FPS, I'd say that people seem to like the precision and fluidity of controllers just fine.   "
    even if 10 out of 10 of the highest selling console games are FPS games, that doesnt mean anything concerning precision and fluidity..  if the norm and 'whats cool' is for you to play COD on the X360 and barely hit anything, then thats what the majority of people will do. but since that was gonna happen if COD was a serious shooter, they un-serious'd it by making you kill people just by spraying bullets around them. which keeps console players coming back ;] "
    Whatever.  I'm just saying that people seem to like controllers for their FPS games just fine, including the big four behind this website.  
    Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The only non-Steam game I have purchased in the past 2 years is SCII.

Riddell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Riddell

Most probably console. I just know that if I got it for PC I would spend more time in the settings menu than actually playing it. 

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106  Edited By metalmoog

Normal version on the PS3 most likely.

TheSmashing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By TheSmashing

Steam <3

Schmollian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Schmollian

Steam version on PC

PC really is the best answer if you have got the gear to run the game decently.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By DonPixel

PS3 one, cus im doing most of my gamming there attm, I like the controller and have a beefy friend list.  

barongrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By barongrod

steam

Transit3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#111  Edited By Transit3

I dont know why but I feel compelled to buy both the console and PC versions.  

THRICE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#112  Edited By THRICE

Normal PS3 retail, kind of worried about consoles playing second fiddle though. Its cool that Dice is playing to their roots but as part of the crowd crossing their fingers for something to take a bite out of CoD especially when things sound shakey for MW3 a lackluster console port will take away the good will built up by Bad Company and how it washed away the bad taste of BF2 Modern Combat.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#113  Edited By Bouke

The limited ed. PS3 version, since my friends are all on PS3; otherwise i would probably get the 360 version./

mutley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By mutley

PC 

64 players bro

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By AhmadMetallic

bump

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#116  Edited By Discorsi

Probably both PS3 and PC since most people I play with use PS3 but BF3 looks too good not to play on my suped up PC

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By leebmx

This thread is full of sad PC elitist bullshit......some people are buying this on a console because that is what they own not because they are morons and can't see that the PC version is better. 

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Wuddel
    @Discorsi said:
    Probably both PS3 and PC since most people I play with use PS3 but BF3 looks too good not to play on my suped up PC
    Probably this too. I prefer gamepad+couch+TV, but it sure does look good on the PC and it has his certain advantages (and pitfalls) on the PC. I guess PS3 on launch and PC on Steam sale.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Elitist PCtards, I promise you, if I pick up the PS3 version that I will enjoy it just as much as the PC folk.

In saying that I do have a PC that can handle the game I just prefer controller and always did.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Mahonay

Limited Edition on console (360) probably.

I don't own a gaming rig, otherwise I'd pick it up on the PC.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Contro

Project Cafe version 

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#122  Edited By RIDEBIRD
    @Bucketdeth: I don't care if you'll enjoy it or not, but you'll make yourself a huge favor if you spend $20 less to play the superior version with a controller. Since it's as easy as just plugging your Dual Shock in your PC (it will very likely work natively), ya know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ertard said:
    @Bucketdeth: I don't care if you'll enjoy it or not, but you'll make yourself a huge favor if you spend $20 less to play the superior version with a controller. Since it's as easy as just plugging your Dual Shock in your PC (it will very likely work natively), ya know.
    I'm definitely not crossing the PC out, there's a very good chance I will purchase it on steam. Ever since the PSN outage I have been using my PC a lot more and am finding it hard to go back to the console.

In saying that, I grew up with consoles (and PC) so playing it on either would satisfy me.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Bucketdeth said:
    Elitist PCtards,
    I love how this website tolerates PC and Wii bashing, just because they're not the majority of the gaming public 

shit on PC gamers all you want, nothing happens. Have the PC side talk back, they're deemed elitist trolls, with a possible ban or two.
    shua310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By shua310

depends on how my first build in august goes. Fingers crossed for PC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @Bucketdeth said:
    Elitist PCtards,
    I love how this website tolerates PC and Wii bashing, just because they're not the majority of the gaming public  shit on PC gamers all you want, nothing happens. Have the PC side talk back, they're deemed elitist trolls, with a possible ban or two.
    That's bullshit, console gamers don't bash PC gamers like the PC crowd does to the console crowd. Just because I may buy BF3 for console doesn't meen I'm "Doing it wrong" like some PC snob said somewhere in this thread.

But look, I game mostly on a my PC now a days but I can totally see why people would play on console. It's just a different experience from one another.
    NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By NickL

I'll wait to see more about it.
    If it looks like its made for console then I'll get the console one.
    If it looks made for a PC, then I'll wait a year and get it on a steam sale.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#128  Edited By Sooperspy

vinnylegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#129  Edited By vinnylegs

I will be building a PC for this game and a few others (Rage, Skyrim, Old Republic) and I am hoping for a Steam limited edition!

Stigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Stigs

Normal Retail (Console)  

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By No0b0rAmA
    @Bucketdeth said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @Bucketdeth said:
    Elitist PCtards,
    I love how this website tolerates PC and Wii bashing, just because they're not the majority of the gaming public  shit on PC gamers all you want, nothing happens. Have the PC side talk back, they're deemed elitist trolls, with a possible ban or two.
    That's bullshit, console gamers don't bash PC gamers like the PC crowd does to the console crowd. Just because I may buy BF3 for console doesn't meen I'm "Doing it wrong" like some PC snob said somewhere in this thread.  But look, I game mostly on a my PC now a days but I can totally see why people would play on console. It's just a different experience from one another.
    Yeah it is a completely different experience, especially for Battlefield 3. Also your post contradicts what you said, also, cause your bashing PC gamers.
    strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By strainedeyes

I don't have a PC, so 360 for me. I will probably preorder it too and get the limited edition.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@No0b0rAmA said:
    @Bucketdeth said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @Bucketdeth said:
    Elitist PCtards,
    That's bullshit, console gamers don't bash PC gamers like the PC crowd does to the console crowd. Just because I may buy BF3 for console doesn't meen I'm "Doing it wrong" like some PC snob said somewhere in this thread.  But look, I game mostly on a my PC now a days but I can totally see why people would play on console. It's just a different experience from one another.
    Yeah it is a completely different experience, especially for Battlefield 3. Also your post contradicts what you said, also, cause your bashing PC gamers.
    So you've played both the PC and console version BF3? I know the experience will be different but from smaller maps and player count I don't see that big of a difference. Also in me bashing PC gamers, I usually don't but when I see so many posts saying things like "Buying BF3 on console, you doing it wrong". No I'm doing it right, I want to play on my console and I will.
    StrawHatLaw13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By StrawHatLaw13

I'll be getting mine for the 360.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By scarace360
    @Bucketdeth said:
    Elitist PCtards, I promise you, if I pick up the PS3 version that I will enjoy it just as much as the PC folk.  In saying that I do have a PC that can handle the game I just prefer controller and always did.
    Thats all nice and good for you but shit you dont have to call us elitist pctards.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Cloudenvy

@scarace360 said:

@Bucketdeth said:
    Elitist PCtards, I promise you, if I pick up the PS3 version that I will enjoy it just as much as the PC folk. In saying that I do have a PC that can handle the game I just prefer controller and always did.
    Thats all nice and good for you but shit you dont have to call us elitist pctards.

If you do have a PC that can handle it, then why not just plug a controller into your PC and enjoy a prettier version?

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By scarace360
    @Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

@Bucketdeth said:
    Elitist PCtards, I promise you, if I pick up the PS3 version that I will enjoy it just as much as the PC folk. In saying that I do have a PC that can handle the game I just prefer controller and always did.

If you do have a PC that can handle it, then why not just plug a controller into your PC and enjoy a prettier version?

Cause.... i dont know why he dosent do that why not?
    No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By No0b0rAmA
    @Bucketdeth said:
    @No0b0rAmA said:
    @Bucketdeth said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @Bucketdeth said:
    Elitist PCtards,
    So you've played both the PC and console version BF3? I know the experience will be different but from smaller maps and player count I don't see that big of a difference. Also in me bashing PC gamers, I usually don't but when I see so many posts saying things like "Buying BF3 on console, you doing it wrong". No I'm doing it right, I want to play on my console and I will.
    No I'm pretty sure if you have the option to play on either PC or Consoles, and you pick consoles, well your defiantly doing it wrong.
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By laserbolts

I'll be getting it for my 360. I don't have a good gaming pc and another modern military shooter is not gonna be enough for me to invest in one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarace360 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

@Bucketdeth said:

I don't do this because I have my PS3 with my surround sound on a 40" HDTV and my computer is a laptop with a 15" screen. Also most of my friends play on the PS3, so it really is just a better option for me.

@No0b0rAmA said:

@Bucketdeth said:

@No0b0rAmA said:
    @Bucketdeth said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @Bucketdeth said:
    Elitist PCtards,
    No I'm pretty sure if you have the option to play on either PC or Consoles, and you pick consoles, well your defiantly doing it wrong.

No sir, Just like my above post, I prefer playing on my 40" HDTV with my surround sound and comfy couch, compared to playing on my laptop.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By scarace360
    @Bucketdeth said:
    @scarace360 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@scarace360 said:

@Bucketdeth said:

I don't do this because I have my PS3 with my surround sound on a 40" HDTV and my computer is a laptop with a 15" screen. Also most of my friends play on the PS3, so it really is just a better option for me.

@No0b0rAmA said:

@Bucketdeth said:

@No0b0rAmA said:
    @Bucketdeth said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @Bucketdeth said:
    Elitist PCtards,
    No sir, Just like my above post, I prefer playing on my 40" HDTV with my surround sound and comfy couch, compared to playing on my laptop.
    O ok well that seems reasonable hope you have fun then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.