Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Will my machine run Battlefield 3 well?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
    deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

How well does Battlefield 3 scale to slightly older machines? I wanted to pick it up and finally play some of it, but after running my machine on system requirements(.com), I found that my machine only meets the minimum requirements and not the favorable recommended requirements. My only outdated (or as far as the game is concerned) component of my PC is the graphics card, which I am running a Geforce 560 Ti. The game says it needs at least a 570. I think I might be able to run the game well, but is the game such a beast that I should wait till I upgrade my machine? For reference, here are my specs.

AMD Athlon x4 Quad running at 3.0 Gigahertz

4 gigs of DDR 3 ram. (I actually have 8 gigs in there right now, it's just that I found out after buying the new corsair ram that my motherboard will only read 2 gigs to each slot. BUMMER)

Geforce 560 Ti with 1 gig of GDDR5 memory.

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Liber

560 Ti is a great card and is more than enough to run BF3.

JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By JOURN3Y

Your computer will run it fine. Im using a 5770 which is not as good as a 560ti. I run everything on high with the shadows on low and AA at 4x.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By FrankCanada97

Should be able to run it on high with the 560ti.

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
    deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

All right...that is what I wanted to know. Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.