Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Worth it On the Consoles?

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By johncallahan

Hey Giant Bombers, how you all doing? Good? Great.

Anyway, quick question and forgive me for asking one that has probably been asked before. I've been holding out on Battlefield 3 for a long time now. Mainly because I plan on getting a really high end gaming PC later next year. The problem is, that's later next year. I'm just wondering if it's worth playing on the 360 or PS3. I've really been jonsing to play it, just figured I'd ask the experts. Thanks.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kermoosh

well if you really can't wait, i have it for the xbox and it's a blast. obviously the graphics aren't as good as a PC but it still plays great.

the only big bad thing is the lack of 64 players. While rush mode is great on the consoles, conquest can be a bit stale on some of the larger maps (caspian border)

just to say i ussually play xbox with only a little PC gaming, but i think the xbox version is great. Just make sure to install the hd texturess, i have not tried ps3 version

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By AlexW00d

Either wait or get the PS3 version if you can't wait. But wait, really.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By nohthink

@jonny126: If you really can't wait, get it for 360. I have it for PS3 and they say it is the most inferior version of it and I still love it.

PC BF3 is arguably a different game. Higher player count, bigger maps, etc.

I would say wait and get it for PC but gain, if you really REALLY cannot wait, go for it.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By chilibean_3

Yeah, it's a lot better on PC but there is nothing really wrong with the Xbox version. I picked it up so I could play with some of my friends who don't have high end PCs. Now that they are getting PCs (one mainly for Battlefield) I'll probably never go back.

The maps are smaller and the player count is smaller but the game is still a ton of fun on Xbox. I haven't played the PS3 version so I don't know how that turned out or how the community is.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Wuddel

As someone who played it on PC and PS3: Wait! It's a completely different feeling on PC. Its much better there. I hear the PS3 version is better than the 360 but this will not chance the fact that the maps are empty and the lack of precision makes some team play cumbersome. (People in vehicles seem to be much more effective on PC.)

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By billyhoush

I'm sure the PC version is better but I am thoroughly enjoying the PS3 game.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By slyspider

Played them all in beta and.... wait. Pc is still better when on the same player count

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Karl_Boss

Yeah it is....I have the 360 version and I have a lot of fun.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Hizang

I have the PS3 version and enjoy it, jets dude!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

It's still great, but the amount of players vs the PC version is huge and can take away from that 'Battlefield' feeling, especially when your looking for someone to kill for several minutes.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12  Edited By natetodamax

It's still great on consoles

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Vinny_Says

As a long time player of Battlefield on consoles, graphics are completely insignificant during the multiplayer (shooting dudes/ objectives occupies 90% of your thoughts), and trust me those "amazing PC graphics" only come into play in the terrible, awful, boring and generic run of the mill singleplayer.

Nevertheless, 64 players is funner than 32 so I would hold out.

Pobearo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pobearo

I recommend it for consoles, sure. Battlefield Bad Company 2 was my go-to FPS for a long while, and Battlefield 3 certainly doesn't disappoint. I've never really had a gaming PC so I can't tell you which is better, I can just tell you that I've had a wonderful time with the Multiplayer and Co-op and to a lesser extent the campaign.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Sooty

My biggest gripe with the console version of this game is that it can take a freaking long time to find somebody to kill on the bigger maps. When I spent some time checking out B2K at my friends house on PS3 I was really glad to go back home and play those maps with 64 players instead, even with 64 you can go a surprising amount of time without seeing anybody. (well infantry that is, vehicles can be seen all over)

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Had loads of fun, its well worth it, no matter the platform.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Vinny_Says said:

As a long time player of Battlefield on consoles, graphics are completely insignificant during the multiplayer (shooting dudes/ objectives occupies 90% of your thoughts), and trust me those "amazing PC graphics" only come into play in the terrible, awful, boring and generic run of the mill singleplayer.

When you get a high end PC, install the FXAA Injector for the game,  join a Wake Island 64 player server, get in a jet and fly up to about 600 altitude, jump out of the jet and free fall to the island, and see what those graphics do for the multiplayer experience from up there and as you plummet to the ground, we'll talk.
    damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18  Edited By damnboyadvance

I'm sure the PC version is better, but the console version is just as fun. Sure, 24 players isn't as "Battlefield" as 64 players, but it's still fun to play. 

Hopefully, I'll be able to get a good gaming laptop soon and play Battlefield 3 on that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.