Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

www.Modernwafare3.com

intoblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By intoblivion

For those of you who don't know if you enter www.ModernWarfare3.com into your browser, instead of being taking the website you presume it will, the homepage of MW3, you will in fact be taken to the homepage of Battlefield 3. The domain was registered by a private user, so it could be EA, who knows. Dirty tactics from EA, or just a funny prank.  Knowing how much EA are determined to stop MW3, I wouldn't be surprised if I was them.

Original Story 

PC Gamer

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By valrog

Title is misspelled.

And yeah, it's quite funny.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gearhead

Pretty sure Gary Whitta tweeted this early yesterday. 

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Azteck

I doubt it's EA, but either way, it's hilarious I think.
    jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By jacdg

It's getting too much.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By daiphyer

Yeah, it's pretty funny.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Wow... You really think EA is that damn petty? This EA vs Activision bullshit is getting ridiculous.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

This was posted yesterday.

intoblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By intoblivion
    @Rolyatkcinmai said:

This was posted yesterday.

yes I see now, I checked both fourms (Battlefield 3 and MW3) and did'nt notice that thread title. My bad, please lock :)
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I saw this earlier. It wasn't made by EA though. There is a google cached version of the site here. It used to be a video of MW 3, with this message:

Modern Warfare is crap. On November 8, 2011, the most over-hyped first-person action series of all-time returns with the copy and paste sequel to the lackluster Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Check out the E3 2011 gameplay demo featuring the Black Tuesday level for a look at the epic fail of the campaign. Pre-Order Call of Duty MW3 Today for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC to secure exclusive bonuses only available online for Modern Warfare 3 fanboys who don't know that Battlefield 3 is the better game.

EA would never use that to try and market Battlefield 3. The site is just owned by some random dude. It's still funny though. It's also weird that Activision wouldn't have registered that URL years ago.

QKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By QKT

thinking about it, it really is weird that activision didn't register it. haven't they registered future warfare or something already?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Gearhead said:

Pretty sure Gary Whitta tweeted this early yesterday.

Find me something Gary Whitta didn't tweet...

jk, I love Gary really.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By sirdesmond

While I did find it amusing when I first saw it, I still don't really get this forced rivalry between the two franchises. They really have very little in common from a gameplay standpoint. Yes, they are both shooters set in modern time periods but that's where there similarities pretty much end. Battlefield is all about teamwork, forming a squad, sticking to orders, playing a specific role in a massive battle, capturing/defending objectives, and an overall slower, more thoughtful pace while Call of Duty is a much more arcadey, rapid-fire, kill-to-death-ratio focused type of gameplay that is fun to play pick up games and can be easily enjoyed in small or large bits.

I have almost always owned both franchises in the past and enjoyed each one for what it was. I personally stick with Battlefield for longer but I just don't really see them as that big of competitors or anything.

marlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By marlow83
    @sirdesmond said:

While I did find it amusing when I first saw it, I still don't really get this forced rivalry between the two franchises. They really have very little in common from a gameplay standpoint. Yes, they are both shooters set in modern time periods but that's where there similarities pretty much end. Battlefield is all about teamwork, forming a squad, sticking to orders, playing a specific role in a massive battle, capturing/defending objectives, and an overall slower, more thoughtful pace while Call of Duty is a much more arcadey, rapid-fire, kill-to-death-ratio focused type of gameplay that is fun to play pick up games and can be easily enjoyed in small or large bits.

I have almost always owned both franchises in the past and enjoyed each one for what it was. I personally stick with Battlefield for longer but I just don't really see them as that big of competitors or anything.

I would like to personally congratulate you on being the most level-headed, reasonable user on Giant Bomb. But I am sad to inform you that there must  be a rivalry since they are both first person shooters, but one is designed for PC, while the other is designed for consoles. According to the internet rules of dickhead-ery, this means that the fans of both games have to flame the hell out of each other and make reasonable people embarrassed to be gamers 
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By valrog
    @MattyFTM: They just don't want you to know. It's Spycraft, and you're being mislead.
    MegaMetaTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By MegaMetaTurtle

@marlow83 said:

@sirdesmond said:

I would like to personally congratulate you on being the most level-headed, reasonable user on Giant Bomb. But I am sad to inform you that there must be a rivalry since they are both first person shooters, but one is designed for PC, while the other is designed for consoles. According to the internet rules of dickhead-ery, this means that the fans of both games have to flame the hell out of each other and make reasonable people embarrassed to be gamers

This (to both).

Wish more people would see it...

TanoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By TanoPrime

It was highly amusing when I read it.  Well played, sir, well played.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Ah, I thought if you typo'd then it'd send you to the BF3 site. Misleading thread title is misleading.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AhmadMetallic

lame

Solemn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Solemn
    @Solemn said: 

That was........funny. Okay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.