Can't run BF4 on MacBook Pro

• 59 results
samuelcarigiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey everyone, im new to this website, i have found the solution to run Battlefield 4 on the macbook pro retina with gt 750 graphiccard, i first always heard that windows 7 is the best to run the game, so i bought it and installed it over Bootcamp..... well i installed the game and it run horrible, i was like, this laptop shoud do better, i had 5 fps on low settings.... i was frustrated, so i went around in the internet, looked for drivers, i tried to install them but it said, doesnt work on your system.....

4 days ago i found some blog and they where talking about running Battlefield 4 with no problem:

- What i did:

- install windows 7

- install windows 8 from windows 7 (windows 8 didnt work to install over bootcamp) so i had to first install win7, then win8,

- upgrade to win 8.1 over the windows store (its a free update)

-install the nivida driver 331.82

i run the game on settings from Ultra, medium, hight and low ( some on Ultra like details, and less importend stuff on medium or Low) 1600x 1024 works perfect.....

fps (30-45 )

enjoy and please tell me when it worked!!!! :)

greets sam from switzerland

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

samuelcarigiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By samuelcarigiet
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

F0ZZYBEAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By F0ZZYBEAR

BF4 runs great on my early 2013 rMBP 15" 2.4 with GT650M, even coupled through HDMI to large screen TV. Win7 is balls for gaming though, try upgrading to Win8 64bit, I got better FPS and far less stuttering. It'll run at 60+ FPS on Auto graphics at 1080p which looks good but to get all the beautiful filters and DX11 try running at 720p and scale down settings gradually until you are happy with a good compromise. The game itself has improved since the most recent update in terms of FPS. Check your Nvidia control panel, you may have settings turned up too high in there which will destroy your framerate. Who is this plonker who thinks the rMBP is hopeless for gaming??? Sure it's a compromise but I have yet to find a game that won't run well on mine. Apple haters, so unoriginal. If you're still unhappy with framerate, a 2nd shortcut to a non-64 bit version yields far better results but you lose some visuals. It's called Battlefield4 x86 or something similar

flossbandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol at all of this.

you'd need a regular desktop 650 TI just to make it run as well as an xbox at 720p. much less whatever retina resolution is. mobile graphics cards have like a third of the power.

but...

$2000. gah.

i guess you'd rather swing it in your satchel and prance away in skinny jeans than be playing on ultra with 3D glasses on for that price.

eh. to each their own.

enjoy facebook and youtube i guess.

oh and word.

i forgot. they make office for them now.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You bought a computer designed for video editing and graphic design, it isn't built to be running windows let alone recently released AAA video games.

I wish you the best bud but I highly doubt that thing is going to run BF4.

nemesistechboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you wanna know what makes me angry? When a windows user says that, by buying a macbook pro, you payed for overpriced hardware. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Its a false OPINION for one. Secondly, if you search up all the individual components you will find that they add up to a price greater than the machine. Also have you seen the new Mac Pro, ye, it is what I like to call OVERKILL. I looked up the GPU and CPU price for the computer from sites like: Amazon, Ebay....... And I found that those components alone added up to almost the total price of a maxed out (6700 pound) Mac Pro. So you basically get what you payed for. Next time any windows user says a new mac can't play any game look up if the specs themselves can and then comment, otherwise you can STFU and keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself. A note for the OP: Upgrade to windows 8.1 as BF4 fares better inside windows 8 and also upgrade the drivers anyway as new drivers can do wonders for your GPU. Compare a Macbook Pro Retina 15" to a Razer Blade Pro 17" (for windows fanboys ONLY) you will find that he macbook pro has a better CPU and integrated GPU while the Razer Blade Pro has a better dedicated GPU. Thats pretty much it for the razor blade pro because the Macbook Pro Retina is far more superior in: Flash Storage, Integrated GPU, CPU, RAM, Screen resolution, Actual Screen, Sound quality, Boot up time and lastly SOFTWARE. Windows may be in my option the best gaming OS but Mac OS X is based on UNIX which is far more stable than windows. Also note that I (believe it or not) love windows computers, its just that facts evidently show the Macbook Pro Retina as the best overall everyday computer for anyone. (Sorry for this humungous paragraph but the last thing I want to say is: My dad went to Imperial College of London and that school loved Mac's because of the fact that they were superior. My dad uses mac's everyday and he is literally like a book that tells you all the pro's and cons of macs, OS X, Windows and in general PC's)

nemesistechboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also a mac wasn't built on the idea of gaming, it was built on the idea of innovation so you can't just expect it to live unto the potential of a gaming computer. Although I must admit it plays most games to the standard of a gaming PC. Honestly, i would stick to games from the mac app store or steam store as you know they wouldn't be released for a mac or PC if they new it wouldn't run. Hope you get to play BF4 on that luscious screen of yours :)

Avatar image for totallynotafamousyoutuber
TotallyNotAFamousYouTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just going to point this out right now.

APPLE COMPUTERS ARE NOT BUILT FOR GAMING.

For some reason nobody has said that in this thread yet, But coming from someone who produces video content and knows what both PC and Mac are like, I'm going to point out a few more things. Although Mac's can't really game too well without you down-scaling the graphics or display settings, one thing they can do well is edit. I honestly love to edit on my mac over PC, and I know this may sound absolutely absurd but using After Effects and Final Cut Pro with the optimization on a mac is just truly outstanding. And when using my mac to edit it just feels a lot more clean and fluid (if that makes sense). But if you go and try to record cinematics on ultra settings in 1080p using a Boot-Camped Mac, Well let's just say it'll be like watching a powerpoint. (oh by the way don't buy anything other than apple's laptops if you want to actually be productive with it.) Also by having both Mac and PC, If you travel a lot like me, then you can always store all of your footage on an Portable Hard Drive. This way when you're on a long plane ride you can pull out your macbook and create a montage or something. I honestly like each system for what they do.

Macbook Pro Specs: i7-Quad Core 2.8Ghz | Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 1GB | 16gb 1600MHz DDR3 | 750GB Flash Storage

PC Specs: i7-Quad Core 4770K 3.5Ghz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB | 16gb (2x8) 2133MHz DDR3 | (2x) Corsair 480GB SSD (total 960GB)

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

You should probably check how long ago the last post was posted. This is a 3 month bump that didn't really need to happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.