I can't be bothered to log into Battlelog. I'm playing BF4 on PS4 for Pete's sake. Why it doesn't properly log me into the Battlelog website upon starting the game, like it does on PC, is beyond me. I'll just dump it here then.
- Scout Choppers are OP. The kind of OP I can get behind.
- Too much lock-on AA, and no design in place to allow for skill to overcome it. A decent *Under the Radar* mechanic, preventing all lock-on attempts when flying low enough, would go a long way to making flying more fun, regardless of aircraft type.
- Attack and Transport Choppers getting kicked out of the sky by AA-rockets is beyond retarded. 90% of my deaths in Attack Choppers come from being kicked into obstacles, or just helplessly dropping out of the sky because of it. For the most parts, this doesn't even net the shooter a kill counter. Utterly pointless.
- Active rockets should not be capable of mobility kills (or kicking).
- Rocket cooldown increase for AA vehicles would make a lot of sense to me.
- Why no rearview in vehicles?
- Why no full map view while deployed? Edit: Just figured out that I can switch out the Scoreboard with the Overview Map (via L1/R1).
- Commander is bollocks. I refrain from joining servers with Commanders, especially those with only one Commander. Next time, give Commander-like powers to kits and emplacement again, like in Bad Company, or empower Squad Leaders.
- Squadsize is 5. Total playercount is 64. Does not compute.
- Why the arbitrary increase of playercount for Rush? 32 player Rush is so much worse than 24 player Rush. Often congested, seldomly works all too well. Feels like not much thought and effort went into it making it fit, for example an increase of spawntimers and Attacker Ticketcounts would go a long way.
- HUD still obstructive and full of unnecessary clutter. Majority of HUD should be a toggle, like nametags - the worst offender. Try Silhuettes next time.
- Why don't DMRs have longrange scopes? They need a buff, and that's what makes most sense to me.
- Find a way to make shotguns more reliable. Also - a slight increase in onehit-kill distance would be nice for buckshot and flechettes. Like 5-10 more meters depending on gun and pellet count.
- UCAV would be a lot of fun. The 5 minutes cooldown ruins it though. Reduce damage to 80 on infantry, 45 to light vehicles, and 33 to heavy armor, give us 2-3 of 'em, on a 10-20 second replenish cooldown. Something like that.
- I feel like jets deserve a kind of ADS-like zoom for aiming. Also the HUD clutter makes aiming at those distances and speeds that jets go rather unpractical and unfun. I don't think I've ever killed an infantryman with a Stealth Jet... for shame!
- Fix the damned pick up weapons! You know, so that we can actually pick them up without dropping it again... over and over.
- Oh, server-side lag since 3 months during peak hours is rather disappointing (PS4).
Finally, I want to make a case for OP stuff. I feel like Battlefield is most fun, when it's a *Pyramid of OP*, rather than this rock-paper-scissors-cancelling-each-other-out balance that has been all the rage since BF3. That said, I believe that skill should be able to beat anything. Any loadout infantryman should be able to damage anything on the field, even if just minutely. If I empty a magazine's worth of assault rifle ammuntion into a Scout Chopper, I believe that should put that vehicle in minor problems. Like taking off 15%-20% of total durability. Or that a random bullet of my handgun could be the end of a smoldering jet, netting me the kill counter. Why? Because that's a recipe for bad assery. The current rock-paper-scissors balance often feels like cock-blockery.
Feel free to dump your feedback and suggestions here too. Lets tell them!
Edit: Just figured out that I can switch out the Scoreboard with the Overview Map (via L1/R1).