Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Do I need the digital deluxe edition when I get Premium?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I wouldn't be missing out on any maps, wouldn't I?

HoM3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HoM3R

Think I saw that you get 3 battlepacks with deluxe edition so thats extra, but the China DLC will be useless indeed with premium. I got it because I can hopefully hold of on gettting premium till the second DLC.

Still wondering, did they remove the assignments completely because the most fun for BF3 premium was just hunting for the extra assaignments but now seems you get all your premium content over time and automatic?

mmzOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wuddel said:

I wouldn't be missing out on any maps, wouldn't I?

No.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4 fisk0  Moderator

Does any of you know how the monthly Battlepacks would work, if I don't get Premium until next month, will I still retroactively get the November Battlepack, which is due in two days?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: What ARE Battlepacks anyway?

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Wemibelle

@wuddel said:

Battlepacks are sets of boosts, weapon attachments, and weapon skins you unlock every so often by playing the game (or buying Premium), similar to Mass Effect 3's boxes. You can receive new things for various guns in the game or various boosts to XP that last for a set amount of in-game time.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#7  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@wuddel said:

Battlepacks are sets of boosts, weapon attachments, and weapon skins you unlock every so often by playing the game (or buying Premium), similar to Mass Effect 3's boxes. You can receive new things for various guns in the game or various boosts to XP that last for a set amount of in-game time.

Isn't this the only way to unlock guns now, with very few achievement/campaign specific gun unlocks?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

@wuddel said:

Wait, only people with Premium have access to this? I sincerely hope it doesn't alter the flow of gameplay by giving a certain side advantages or something along those lines. It worked in ME3 but that's because it was a horde mode.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@deranged: No, Premium just gets you an extra set specific to premium. You still get plenty through normal play of the game.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BTW it turn out I can not even buy this because I have no age verification (foreigner, so I have neither the ID from my home country nor the one of my current residence), I have to find a way around this.

Mitch0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Mitch0712

Is it best to get the Standard Edition + Premium? Or would I miss out on something by not getting the Deluxe Edition?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Deranged

@deranged: No, Premium just gets you an extra set specific to premium. You still get plenty through normal play of the game.

Ok cool, thanks for clearing that up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.