Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

How is this game THIS broken?

Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Why does my game just freeze in the middle of a match? None of my other games do that. Why can't it keep my saved SP campaign progress? That should be the most simple thing in any game. Server issues are brutal, even on 360. I don't get it. This isn't the first BF they've made. You'd think they could get it working by now. Maybe they just forgot about 360/PS3 users and only focus on XB1/PS4/PC. It's getting to the point that I can barely even play it anymore. Do people still play Bad Company 2? I'll go back to that.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I'm having pretty much zero problems on PS4.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Oh shit really!??!??!?! Man this is funny. Jeff just talked about this on the bombcast last week. People report problems on a game and the first fucking thing you see is someone jump in and say, "WORKS FINE FOR ME! FUCK YOU, WORKS FINE FOR ME!" 1:30:45 on the last bombcast for reference.

I here ya man. The server filter sucks ass. And I am playing on the xbox one, it is stupid when the game starts and you just hear the background noise/music but nothing else. Eerily silent but its not. The audio lags in as if Frostbite has audio loading issues ala Unreal Engine 3 with loading textures. sometimes the audio will not load at it. It sucks. I would like to know what went wrong, was it the multiplatform release schedule? Does Frostbite suck ass?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I can't understand how they even broke it in the first place, I mean it's nothing but left trigger, right trigger right.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@thehbk said:

@kaos_cracker said:

I here ya man. The server filter sucks ass.

Wait wait ... so it isn't just me? I play on pc but have the server browser only return like ... 8 or 9 servers at a time to browse through when I have really open criteria. I think the only limiting criteria I have is the North American region and official servers. Or is this not at all what you meant?

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Wait wait ... so it isn't just me? I play on pc but have the server browser only return like ... 8 or 9 servers at a time to browse through when I have really open criteria. I think the only limiting criteria I have is the North American region and official servers. Or is this not at all what you meant?

You want official and ranked servers - official is just EA provided servers and there are not many of them

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have no problems with the game at all on ps4

although i don't own a copy

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#8  Edited By bobafettjm

I played it a ton on the PS3 and it was riddled with problems for the longest time. I was still having problems last week with it freezing and such, but at least it stopped deleting my campaign progress.

It is pretty crazy when a patch to fix the game causes it to suddenly start freezing every time I would enter the gunner seat of a tank....

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By csl316

@thehbk said:

@kaos_cracker said:

Oh shit really!??!??!?! Man this is funny. Jeff just talked about this on the bombcast last week. People report problems on a game and the first fucking thing you see is someone jump in and say, "WORKS FINE FOR ME! FUCK YOU, WORKS FINE FOR ME!" 1:30:45 on the last bombcast for reference

He didn't say fuck you to anyone. I find it interesting that you took the time to cite a timestamp.

It's been working fine for me, too. *shrugs* Guess we just got lucky, oh well.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

@thehbk said:

@kaos_cracker said:

Oh shit really!??!??!?! Man this is funny. Jeff just talked about this on the bombcast last week. People report problems on a game and the first fucking thing you see is someone jump in and say, "WORKS FINE FOR ME! FUCK YOU, WORKS FINE FOR ME!" 1:30:45 on the last bombcast for reference

He didn't say fuck you to anyone. I find it interesting that you took the time to cite a timestamp.

It's been working fine for me, too. *shrugs* Guess we just got lucky, oh well.

He did say "Fuck you" ;)

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

PS4 for me and I have had enough problems that I will in no way purchase DLC or get the next BF game anywhere close to launch.

I'll just have to see if the can release a fully working game before I jump in on the next one.

Plus side, it's pretty fun when it works...

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I can only play that Baku mission so many times....seriously not saving campaign progress is....man I don't even know. I've played hundreds of video games and none have done this.

Luckily the multiplayer has been stable but just overall it's so inferior to the two prior games. Choosing a class and weapon and then changing the scopes and all....just a complete streamlining/UI mess. The maps feel empty even with 64 players when playing conquest. Leveling up your class, weapon type, and overall rank separately? What the fuck is that about?

I have so many complaints and it kills me because if things worked right it would be such a great game. Instead I'm sitting here playing MW2 instead of this brand new $60 game....

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehbk said:

@kaos_cracker said:

Oh shit really!??!??!?! Man this is funny. Jeff just talked about this on the bombcast last week. People report problems on a game and the first fucking thing you see is someone jump in and say, "WORKS FINE FOR ME! FUCK YOU, WORKS FINE FOR ME!" 1:30:45 on the last bombcast for reference.

I here ya man. The server filter sucks ass. And I am playing on the xbox one, it is stupid when the game starts and you just hear the background noise/music but nothing else. Eerily silent but its not. The audio lags in as if Frostbite has audio loading issues ala Unreal Engine 3 with loading textures. sometimes the audio will not load at it. It sucks. I would like to know what went wrong, was it the multiplatform release schedule? Does Frostbite suck ass?

look dude, for some people it works fine. I played maybe 40 hrs of mulitplayer on the 360 and after a couple updates, i stopped having noticeable issues. I'm sure there might have been a few deaths that were a little wonky. Just because Jeff mentioned that there are people who pop in saying "it works fine" doesnt mean that they are wrong.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's improving but the game really shouldn't have shipped. Only reason it did was EA continue to play this pointless game with Activision and CoD. EA had no other shooter to release at the end of last year so they forced it out to compete. If Titanfall wasn't fronted by such powerful people, I'm sure they may have tried to influence them and release that for last year instead. CoD does seem to be losing its stranglehold on the gaming market, I just hope EA has sense to change their direction and allow devs more freedom and time because at the end of the day they're only hurting their own brand image.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play the game on 360 and for the most part it works perfectly fine. Until Dawnbreaker and it's a surefire hard lock of the system at a certain point in the match. It's crazy that so far in now, one map still crashes everything. I don't play as often anymore but last time I played with a bunch of coworkers on that map I all of a sudden hear them all go one after the other "I'll be dropped soon" and like clockwork they were disconnected one after the other and finally it locked on me too.

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By roboculus92

I'd be real interested to find out the details because seriously, it's insane how badly they fucked up with this.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By newmoneytrash

@thehbk said:

@kaos_cracker said:

I think you might have also missed the part where he said whenever he says that it's fine just as money people come in to say that it's broken.

Chill out, yo

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Subjugation

@mosdl said:

@subjugation said:

You want official and ranked servers - official is just EA provided servers and there are not many of them

I was under the impression that official was the way to go if I wanted to avoid nonsense like servers limiting weapons/loadouts and abusing admin rights.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Ladies and gentlemen, the most helpful type of comment on the internet.

I was sick of this shit even before Jeff mentioned it. At least he didn't post it on a technical forum.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SharkEthic

This'll be worth less than nothing to you, but in the 20 hours I've been playing the game, I haven't had a single problem (playing on PC).

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

So what is broken about it? I always find a server and can play just fine. What do you guys mean when it's broken?

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, this game has been even shittier than usual lately. I finally got into the campaign only to find out it won't save. Then the EA service cuts off and I get disconnected from the server I'm playing on. Audio still cuts off on some games. It was working okay for a while after the first patches when the game came out. But it's gone back to crap. It's too bad cause I have been enjoying it immensely when it does work. Haven't gotten a chance to play with the GB guys but once in a while I'll join someone who is playing on a particular server.

If this game is that bad I am hoping Battlefront gets at least a bit more love.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i tend to never overreact as much of the slobbering internet troglodytes typically do about issues like this, but it is becoming preeeetty frustrating how i kept getting an Invalid License- Missing DLL file error after rerunning vcredist.exe, repairing game files, and making sure video card drivers were up to date, etc. it spurred me to do a complete reinstall of Windows (which i had been meaning to do anyway). downloading it now and hoping i don't run into that issue again...

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having fun in BF4 right now. I'm glad they have finally admitted to the rubber banding issues and that they will boost their servers to prevent it. That's going to make the whole experience a lot better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is it going for this game on consoles? Feel like finally picking it up but would like to know if it’s still a mess, any major difference between the Xbox One and PS4, thanks.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

How is it going for this game on consoles? Feel like finally picking it up but would like to know if it’s still a mess, any major difference between the Xbox One and PS4, thanks.

I'm playing the PS4 version on a daily basis, and currently, it's all good. Later this week the netcode-fix patch comes out. If that doesn't fuck anything up, BF4 is as good as it's going to get. There's countless servers, and they're well frequented 24/7. Give it a go.

zdgro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone cares the ps3 version still seems like bullshit and I don't think they are doing much to fix it. I play a bit every day and there are still tons of little bugs that have been there since the start, and the game will just freeze at least once every few hours. Kinda fucking frustrating.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29  Edited By Seppli

@zgoon said:

If anyone cares the ps3 version still seems like bullshit and I don't think they are doing much to fix it. I play a bit every day and there are still tons of little bugs that have been there since the start, and the game will just freeze at least once every few hours. Kinda fucking frustrating.

Some games just are too much for the likes of PS3 and 360. Already Battlefield: Bad Company tended to crash and burn the consoles, especially when flying helicopters. Overall, it happend a lot less of course. The more DICE squeezed out of the consoles, the more instable their games got. Battlefield 4 froze-up my PS3 like once every three hours on average. While infuriating, I still played like 400 hours of it on PS3.

XCOM Enemy Within is the same way. Games that clearly weren't too conserned with the limitations of the 360 and PS3, and have been squeezed onto the system by dark magic and unholy sacrifices. Stability obviously is one of those sacrifices. If I had to chose between not playing the likes of Battlefield and XCOM, and these rather *flying by the seat of your pants* versions of these games, I'd always opt for the latter.

Just look at it as a clear indication that you need to get new hardware, and you needed to do so since 2008. I mean eversince Crysis 1 hit the scene, every avid gamer needed better hardware, it's just that it'll be like 2015 when the market finally catches up with that demand.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.