Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

IGN BF4 on PS4 "Giving Dice the benefit of the doubt"

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon

I don't know about you guys but this seriously rubs me the wrong way, they have literally admitted that they are giving the Playstation 4 version of the game the same score as the PC version of the game based on the assumption that it will be fixed despite not being able to actually play the multiplayer to verify its quality.

Now I don't know about you guys but if I am going to review a version of a game, I think I would take the time to play that said version of said game before giving it a score. I mean if it is the same core to the game but buggy as hell it's not the same quality now is it?

The other more reasonable option in my opinion would be to wait till you get to play the multiplayer (Arguably the most important part of the game) and the servers are working before posting a review of the game and simply saying that we assume that it will be as good as the PC version eventually because we are going to give Dice the benefit of the doubt.

"On PlayStation 4, Battlefield 4 suffers from a handful of irritating launch issues. The 1.50 firmware update caused a number of issues. The core gameplay is unaffected -- it's still great -- but limited servers, unreliable connectivity at press time is frustrating. It's been difficult to find any Conquest games, too. Additionally, Battlefield 4 has a hard time functioning properly with PSN. I crashed back to the PS4 home screen after a number of errors, as did many of my squad mates. If you're worried about not having the best possible experience with a great game, wait for Battlefield 4 to stabilize. When and if these problems are solved, we'll remove this disclaimer. We still believe Battlefield 4 is a great game, as you'll see in the review below, but be advised."

The game was given an 8.5, the same review score as the PC version in which they mention very few issues.

This is straight up shoddy games journalism in my opinion, maybe Giantbomb has spoiled me. What do you guys think?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hunkulese

Who cares. Maybe you missed the part that you quoted where they qualified the score. They gave out the information someone would want who was buying the game and attached a score they thought was fair.

Complaining about reviews is silly.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Wasn't the PC version also broken for a little while there?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By big_jon

@hunkulese said:

Who cares. Maybe you missed the part that you quoted where they qualified the score. They gave out the information someone would want who was buying the game and attached a score they thought was fair.

Complaining about reviews is silly.

A score they "thought" was fair based on not actually playing it to verify that it was...

@zacagawea said:

From what I have heard yes, but considerably less so, and they got to play the PC versions multiplayer.

I put about 2 weeks into the 360 version as well it had some pretty big stability issues too, but it was playeble, and in thier video review they say that BF4 on PS4 has been almost unplayable since launch.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Sooty

@zacagawea said:

It still is, crashes often, sound glitches (some sounds just don't play at all) and there's a motion blur bug where the game turns colourless for a split second at random times.

At least it runs well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.