Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Is Battlefield 4 good, buggy, and/or active?

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Battlefield 4 is on sale for $5 on Xbox One. Price-wise, that's obviously not a big deal either way. I'm not really asking if it's worth that; I'm asking if the game is worth getting into now. I've really enjoyed Battlefield 1 for the most part, and it might be nice to play with "modern guns" again for bit. I'd be playing the multiplayer only (Xbox One), FWIW. That is, provided people are still playing it. If I recall, it was buggy for a while, so I'm wondering if that ever got fixed, led to people giving up on it, or if the playerbase has simply moved on to Battlefield 1 or something else by now. Any help is appreciated.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't check in too often, but a couple months ago there were still enough players to find matches on PS4. I think the tech differences between games probably helps with that a bit.

BF4 was always kind of a janky game, but most of the bad bugs were ironed out over the game's lifetime. Again, this is on PS4, so it might not apply to Xbox.

I had a blast with the game for years after it came out, but it's worth mentioning i've enjoyed pretty much every Battlefield game, so that might not say too much. I'd strongly recommend against getting any DLC though, cause it's hard finding matches on any map that's behind a paywall.

Hope that helps!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Is that $5 with all the DLC? EA seems content to sell main releases for peanuts but they don't really want to budge much on their DLC and I don't know how dependent BF4's community is on its DLC.

For what it's worth, I did get the PC version and all DLC for some reason at some point last year. I played a fair amount of it, had a blast, and there were plenty of people online on PC.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I played it not to long ago on the PS4, and there where still enough people playing that i could find a full server here and there, but its obviously not as populated as newer online games. And there are enough filters for the server browser to find what you want, unless you are looking for DLC maps, those where mostly barren till you got a few people in there, then more people tended to join in since it popped up in other people server filters. I enjoyed my time with it when i played it a few months ago.

Bug wise i found it perfectly acceptable, but i did run into an odd bug where one specific map pack DLC didn't work and i had to delete and reinstall it, only problem is that the PS4 wont let you delete one piece of DLC, you have to uninstall the game and everything else to remove the DLC. And for some unknown reason it listed ALL battlefield DLC (hardline,BF4 and Battlefield 1) under ALL the games, and i had to uninstall ALL of those games to delete that one piece of DLC for one game. So it was an easy fix, but a huge pain in the ass having to delete 3 games to fix a map pack. I assume either EA or Sony screwed up lumping those games DLC's together, and not really BF4's fault for how all that BS happened.

And DLC wise i got the free maps during there Battlefield 1 promotion, but for the most part no one was really playing the DLC maps, most people where in the ones that came with the game.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that $5 with all the DLC? EA seems content to sell main releases for peanuts but they don't really want to budge much on their DLC and I don't know how dependent BF4's community is on its DLC.

For what it's worth, I did get the PC version and all DLC for some reason at some point last year. I played a fair amount of it, had a blast, and there were plenty of people online on PC.

Looks like the DLC is going for $12.50, so it would be $17.50 total for the game plus all the DLC. I think I'll pick up the main game since it sounds like the DLC maps are dead. Thanks for the help, duders!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#6 fisk0  Moderator

When I've played the PC (and PS3) versions, the base game still has a large player base, but you'll have a hard time finding players for a lot of the DLC content. On PS3 most of the DLC was barren from the get go, on the PC you can find DLC matches at certains times of the day, but only the base game (and the "free" expansion with the deluxe edition) have players 24/7.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By notnert427

@notnert427: Figured i would give you a heads up that the Final Stand DLC if free with Gold.

Much obliged. I did buy the main game and have been having fun with it. I just picked up that Final Stand DLC, as well as the Night Operations, Legacy Operations, and Community Operations, which were all free as well. I went on a nice little run on my first day with it as well, if I do say so myself. All told, Battlefield 4 has been well worth the $5 and the time already.

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have decided to install the PS4 version of this after reading this post to check it out. I didn't really get into BF1 but I remember having a good time with this one. If anybody is still actively playing or would like to get back into it send me a PM and we can exchange PSN ids.

It hasn't finished installing yet so I don't know how active it is.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427: Looks like you might get all the DLC anyway at this rate, they just put up Dragons Teeth for free with Gold. Looks like they might be giving out new DLC every week, so keep an eye out.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427: Looks like you might get all the DLC anyway at this rate, they just put up Dragons Teeth for free with Gold. Looks like they might be giving out new DLC every week, so keep an eye out.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.