Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Is Premium worth it on Xbox One?

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By NathanXplosion

In the beginning of the year I got back into BF4 and I have started thinking about getting Premium, but I want to know if it is worth the money? Are the new guns and equipment any good? How have the new maps been so far? Is anyone playing on those maps on the One or is it a ghost town?

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nathanxplosion: Thats a tough question, because its almost exclusively about your personal taste. Are the new guns worth it? Depends on what type of guns you like and if the handling/characteristics of the new guns are to your liking. Same for the maps, two DLCs are out, the China Rising maps are okay (also you might have them already if you pre-ordered or bought a launch copy) and the Second Assault maps are remakes from BF3 maps. If you played BF3 and liked those maps, they are great remakes. I'm in Europe, so I can't answer if they are active in NA, but people in Europe play both DLCs. You can just filter for the DLC maps anyway, without owning them. So just go to the server browser, filter for the DLC maps and find out yourself.

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iron1c: Good idea with using the server browser to check the DLC map population. I'm doing that as soon as I get online. As for the questions about the quality of the maps and guns, I just wanted to know what everyone's experience with was them. I understand that it ultimately comes down to personal taste but every little bit of info helps.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Seppli

For me personally, Premium is absolutely worth it. From my experiences with BF3 Premium, I get at least 100 hours worth of gameplay out of each expansion. I like the China Rising maps a lot. They have a more classic feel to them, even though some big Levolution events would have been cool. Looking forward to finally playing *Second Assault*, which you Xbox One folks already got since forever.

Dunno about the Xbox One community, and the stability of its client and servers, but the PS4's servers are filled to the brim 24/7, and it's technically up-to-snuff now, and by the sounds of future patchnotes, it's only going to get better.

I'm the kind of player who uses every gun and gadget, even the *less than competitive* ones - making them work for me is doubly gratifying. I enjoy doing assignments, and mixing up my playstyle to accommodate for such. Premium is pretty much made for players like me.

It really comes down to how much of a Battlefield player you are. Does the sound of getting 20 maps (& guns & vehicles & modes & other benefits) in 5 installments sound good to you? At the price EA's asking for it? If yes, then go for it. Every couple of months a meaty expansion comes out, which will rekindle the torch you carry for Battlefield. If you know you'll play Battlefield 4 throughout 2014, Premium is a god-send.

If you are not that into Battlefield, it might not be for you - but why would you consider Premium if you weren't.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think premium is 100% worth it. However, when Titanfall launches next month, I can't help but wonder what that will do to the player count.

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I have been hesitant because I'm afraid that when Titan Fall comes out I'm gonna abandon Battlefield even though they are both very different games. I have been having a blast with BF4 and I took a look at the Second Assault pack which I didn't know had remakes of BF3 maps that I liked. And if i'm going to get one pack I might as well get them all right?

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you think your going to play all the map packs then id say its worth buying it just for that.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one of those only you can answer by asking yourself how much Battlefield are you whiling to play and for how long, simple as that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.