Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

My soldier rank

adam914

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Maybe I just wasn't noticing it but does your rank and weapon progress only increase while playing conquest and not other modes?

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are these "other modes" you speak of?
    ; )

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@adam914: It should be, provided you're playing on Ranked servers.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

What do you mean by rank, specifically? Just so I know you are talking about what I think you are talking about? Skill level, play level, etc?

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As far as I know but it should increase as long as you are playing on ranked servers

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

As long as your playing on Ranked servers you'll be getting XP for whatever you do.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pweidman

You earn points toward rank and weapon progress in all modes, yes.

All the objective points that are available in Conquest though, make it the fastest mode in terms of points per minute in my experience.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Seppli

@pweidman said:

All the objective points that are available in Conquest though, make it the fastest mode in terms of points per minute in my experience.

Rush has much better SPM opportunities in my experience. Arming and detonating an MCOM is worth 600 points total, for example. Personally, I average at 500-600 SPM in Conquest 64, while I do 800-900 SPM in Rush. It comes mostly down to there being a constant frontline battle in Rush, while Conquest has you looking for a fight frequently.

adam914

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I was just doing quick match and I guess it wasn't putting me on a ranked server

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam914 said:

Ok I was just doing quick match and I guess it wasn't putting me on a ranked server

Yeah man, always use the browser. It's the ONLY way to play. :P Also, for weapon progression, like unlocks and such, play TDM. It's the easiest way to level up your guns.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@pweidman said:

Rush has much better SPM opportunities in my experience. Arming and detonating an MCOM is worth 600 points total, for example. Personally, I average at 500-600 SPM in Conquest 64, while I do 800-900 SPM in Rush. It comes mostly down to there being a constant frontline battle in Rush, while Conquest has you looking for a fight frequently.

Then you are very good at Rush and apparently need a hug.

Thing is there are 3-4 MCOMs usually? Where in Conquest you can earn points for the flag progress and caps over and over and for 5-6 flags per map. Plus more vehicle opportunities in general. The conquest matches last longer too, usually much longer for me. While SPM may be better for some players like you I guess who can dominate a Rush match, I think for the average player you're gonna easily get more points overall from Conquest matches.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.