Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Played BF4 at PAX... was kinda not very good.

• 64 results
    Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@greggd said:

@missacre said:

@greggd said:

@missacre said:

@seppli said:

@missacre said:

@seppli said:

@missacre said:

I knew it, BF4 really is BF3.5. I'll be skipping this one for sure. It's like DICE don't even know what they're doing anymore.

Aren't you coming to this conclusion a little prematurely? BF4 isn't even in beta yet.

I could say the exact same thing to you.

Not really, I'm merely hopeful. Staying positive. You talk like BF4 being a lost cause is a fact. In a *Haters gonna hate* fashion. So really, calling it merely *Premature* is putting mildly.

That "merely hopeful" ship sailed a long time ago for you. Right now, you're making it seem like it's the greatest thing ever, and disagreeing with anybody that thinks otherwise. So yes, I can say the same thing to you.

I sometimes feel like you come into threads just to argue with people or be contrarian. Seriously, I've never seen you say something positive without first saying something negative.

I'm honestly not here to pick fights with anyone. I just give my honest opinion on things, and somehow people take offense to my comments that were in no way directed at anyone at all and start attacking me. Yeah, my opinions might not always be popular, but they're MY opinions.

Fair enough. But you do come across as negative a lot of the time. Which isn't to say you're a bad person, or you shouldn't have opinions, but I kinda wish I could see you post something happy. You seem fairly level-headed, just a little pessimistic, is all I'm saying.

Eh, it's not that I'm pessimistic, I just know what I like, even though that may not coincide with the opinions of most users here. That's all it is, really, I know what I like and what I don't like, and a lot of people seem to disagree with me.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@missacre: Suppose you have a point, yeah. I guess, while we're on the subject, what are some things you like in games? You obviously like Bayonetta (so do I). Did you play Vanquish? If so, what did you think?

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

i just want bf4 to fix some of those super annoying issues i had with the console versions where the sound mix would randomly cut out in vehicles and sometimes on foot. Had the same problem on 360 and PS3 not so much on PC. It made trying to evade missle locks pretty much a death sentence on the console since i could never hear when the tone went solid or the rapid beeps after the missle was fired. intermittent issue, never fixed.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By OurSin_360

Not sure if anybody asked this already, but did you play BF3 on the pc with a controller? If you did then you probably remember it was fucking terrible. completely unplayable with a gamepad on PC. So if this was a pc version you were running then i wouldn't really put to much bank on how it will play with mouse and keyboard or on the next gen consoles.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

@missacre: Suppose you have a point, yeah. I guess, while we're on the subject, what are some things you like in games? You obviously like Bayonetta (so do I). Did you play Vanquish? If so, what did you think?

I haven't played Vanquish, but I've heard it's good. In video games, I mostly like platformers, racing, adventure, some shooters, RPGs, puzzle, sims, strategy, so mostly everything, but I'm pretty selective about games in those genres. For example, the story doesn't have to be spectacular, as long as the gameplay makes up for it. That's what bothers me about most games these days. There's too much focus on the story and not enough on the gameplay, which makes the game boring. I can put up with wonky mechanics and all that, as long as the game's fun. That's my number 1 priority in games. The gameplay. If that's done well, then I'm buying it.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By GreggD

@missacre said:

@greggd said:

I haven't played Vanquish, but I've heard it's good. In video games, I mostly like platformers, racing, adventure, some shooters, RPGs, puzzle, sims, strategy, so mostly everything, but I'm pretty selective about games in those genres. For example, the story doesn't have to be spectacular, as long as the gameplay makes up for it. That's what bothers me about most games these days. There's too much focus on the story and not enough on the gameplay, which makes the game boring. I can put up with wonky mechanics and all that, as long as the game's fun. That's my number 1 priority in games. The gameplay. If that's done well, then I'm buying it.

Yeah, I'm usually part of that school of thought. However, if a game's story is interesting enough, I'm willing to overlook mediocre gameplay. But that's not a very big contingent of games for me.

Oh, and you really should play Vanquish, it's amazing.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Missacre

@greggd: I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the suggestion!

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@missacre: No problem. Oh, and it's bug free on 360, but I heard the PS3 version is kind of messed up, so be wary of that. I might be wrong, but I have the 360 version and it's great.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not sure if anybody asked this already, but did you play BF3 on the pc with a controller? If you did then you probably remember it was fucking terrible. completely unplayable with a gamepad on PC. So if this was a pc version you were running then i wouldn't really put to much bank on how it will play with mouse and keyboard or on the next gen consoles.

No, have just played BF3 on 360. That might explain some of turning-movement and tank-controls if the controllers weren't setup well on the PC's.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Interesting. I tend to agree that most of these issues sound like simple lack of polish. It's well worth keeping an eye on but, to me, DICE have a largely very solid reputation so I'd be optimistic for them being aware and working on fixes. The strong resemblance to BF3 is the sadder news for me personally. BF3 is a well-made game and I had a fair amount of fun with it (in that I certainly got my money's worth) but it fell way short of delivering anything close to the glorious MP experience I had with BC2 in the long run. We're talking hundreds and hundreds of hours played vs. approximately 30 plus some coop as well as the campaign. Some changes for the better won't pull me back in I think. But that's fine. BF3 sold very well as far as I can tell and a lot of people loved it so I'm cool with potentially stepping away from the franchise for a while. That or they'll blow my mind with more info down the line and I'll be pleasantly surprised. Who knows?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baal_sagoth: But dude dude dude dude, you get to play as the Chinese. And they have their own weapons and sights. Think about it.

MAGZine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catsakimbo: They didn't have the tablet loadout stuff/commander mode on demo though, did they?

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

@greggd: Well yeah, that's a game changer right there. If only they abandoned their chauvinistic, heteronormative and quite franky blatantly mysoginisitic propaganda too. A cute, lesbian Chinese lady, making out with her comrade while mowing down the Western Devils with her T-88 LMG - with its own sights. Now there's an angle that would bring me back to BF4 multiplayer!

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@greggd: Well yeah, that's a game changer right there. If only they abandoned their chauvinistic, heteronormative and quite franky blatantly mysoginisitic propaganda too. A cute, lesbian Chinese lady, making out with her comrade while mowing down the Western Devils with her T-88 LMG - with its own sights. Now there's an angle that would bring me back to BF4 multiplayer!

Lesbians are misogynistic? How does that work? Do lesbians know that they all hate each other? Of course, I suppose that means that they also hate themselves.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baal_sagoth said:

Lesbians are misogynistic? How does that work? Do lesbians know that they all hate each other? Of course, I suppose that means that they also hate themselves.

Absolutely. Yes to all of the above. It's all part of the conspiracy maaaan.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.