Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

So That Patch Kind of Fixed Stuff... [PS4]

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

So, I was rather excited because the latest BF4 patch seemed to fixed many issues I was experiencing. Heck, my brother and I could even get into Conquest and play matches with crashes or servers crapping out (though playing with friends sucks in BF4 thanks to the lack of a party joining system). Well, even though the patch claims that it fixes the ailment of single player saves being corrupted I can say that no...it sadly does not. This is the fifth total time I've had this happen to me. Is the single player great? No, but I own the game so why not?

Are you guys still experiencing any issues post-patch that were supposed to be nixed? I know they are supposed to have a fix out next week to address the "one hit kill glitch", but I've personally yet to experience this (that I know of).

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

You lost you SP save five times and still continue to go back? Wow, that's some unbelievable dedication for a broke fucking game. Personally I sold my copy back the day before the patch came out because I decided that there was nothing Dice could do to fix this game, at least not for the foreseeable future. I lost my SP save twice (playing on hard and grabbing all the collectibles) and had five conquest matches crash out. I was stuck at level 3 for days because anytime I leveled the game would crash and kick me back. I'm guessing they will have the game actually "patched" (er... working) when its time to release the first DLC.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So weird because I've BARELY had any issues with the game. It's crashed a couple times after the match was over but it was barely an inconvenience and I've never lost my multiplayer progress.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had since day one nothing but some crash issues really that apart from a few times made me quit cuz of lost progress in a game I was doing really good in(all my xp and such) had an entirely smooth experience.

I have a fast system so I can stand that, I'm back in the game in like 3 seconds so...no big deal really. I know there has been issues on every platform, though, some people have more than others. It just like any other BF game can indeed be totally broken for some, and thats unfortunate. Just glad I've had a good experience with it and had a lot of hours of fun already.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Zirilius

I've had zero issues since purchasing the game on black Friday for PS4. Played a few games of Conquest with minimal issues. Went through couple walls and had to commit suicide but other than that everything has been great. Forgot how muchi missed battlefield since skipped 3.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spraynardtatum

I still think it's a mess. I'm not getting kicked out as frequently but it still happens. Also I get horrible stuttering while running and the audio is constantly fluctuating in a horribly disorienting way.

Battlefield 4 still isn't done cooking and that's ridiculous. EA is the king of "release now and fix later" and I don't think people should buy their games at launch.

If Battlefield 4 were a term paper and EA turned it in they would have gotten an F because it clearly isn't finished. Clearly.

Betas shouldn't cost $60.

EDIT: Oh yeah, buy premium.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Main issue I had was that the 64 player servers didn't work. It was pointless to have a PS4 party when I couldn't even show off the biggest mode for that game. Only last week did it get fixed, and now the DLC map pack comes out next week. So everyone can finally play together and they're going to segregate it by releasing a paid map pack just a short while after. Fuck EA for that shit, they should release the DLC for free or postpone its release a little bit.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Main issue I had was that the 64 player servers didn't work. It was pointless to have a PS4 party when I couldn't even show off the biggest mode for that game. Only last week did it get fixed, and now the DLC map pack comes out next week. So everyone can finally play together and they're going to segregate it by releasing a paid map pack just a short while after. Fuck EA for that shit, they should release the DLC for free or postpone its release a little bit.

Actually if your talking about China Rising according to the battlelog its due to drop in like an hour.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/premium/

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somedelicook said:

Actually if your talking about China Rising according to the battlelog its due to drop in like an hour.

Thats for premium, everyone else is the 17th (so even more segregation)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@demoskinos said:

@somedelicook said:

Thats for premium, everyone else is the 17th (so even more segregation)

Hmm. Well shit. I almost want to upgrade now.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

New patch comes out today. I can play one maybe two conquest matches without crashing. But now when I play rush as well it crashes. Which is weird since I heard it mostly happens in conquest. Its pretty frustrating since I've beaten my other ps4 games and this multiplayer is addicting to play but crashing makes me not want to play it.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@lord_xp: They actually announced that they have pushed the patch back further for PS4 to do additional testing.

carlos707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By carlos707

@demoskinos: dont upgrade to premium. Ive read that installing the DLC causes problems, like you cant join games.

I have been waiting to start the single player campaign on PS4 till I know I wont lose progress. Can I start yet?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.