The Beauty of Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Edition

Craig1287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Craig1287

Nearly 20 hours of work went into making this. There's a lot of negative attitudes in the BF4 community right now with all of the 'fix the game', net code, the new bug recently discovered by JackFrags, etc... This is my attempt to remind some of you that we still have a beautiful game and I still love playing it. These new Naval Strike maps are simply amazing and Carrier Assault has reminded me of my Titan Mode days of 2142.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AcAXzBHmgA

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

having a lot of fun with battlefield 4. now that i have fixed the port forward making the game crash after 20 minutes of playing i haven't encountered any problems. was thinking of getting this but i will hold of for now, i am happy with china rising and normal maps

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

It's a very pretty $59.99 beta. $109.98 if you buy Premium beta content.

That's a great video and you have a knack for gameplay editing.

Avatar image for thatonedudenick
ThatOneDudeNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ThatOneDudeNick

Naval Strike is probably the best of the DLC. The map designs are great, and Carrier Assault is a ton of fun. I've enjoyed the hell out of BF4 since it came out. I haven't had any major bugs, but I do realize it's been buggy for a lot of people. For all of the justified complaints people have, I'm 100% happy with my purchase. It's one of the most fun games I bought last year. It's nice to see people appreciating the game (and how pretty it is).

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Subjugation

BF4 is a really fun game .... when it works. It's a shame that I have to use that qualifier, but when you are trying to play with friends or even just by yourself and routinely have game ending bugs it tends to put a damper on the enjoyment.

Edit: Nice video by the way.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Seppli

I'd be playing the shit out of BF4 Naval Strike, but sadly something's severly amiss - at least with the 64 player modes. Rounds start out fine, and then start rubberbanding more and more, until it becomes unplayable about halfway through every round.

I guess I'll start getting back into Rush now, because gosh darn it I want to enjoy the game. It's so bloody good, if it would only work consistently. Right now, it consistently doesn't work though. At least on PS4, playing 64 player modes, but apparently the 64 player experience is pretty shit on all platforms that support it currently.

Craig1287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a great video and you have a knack for gameplay editing.

Thanks. I consider myself to be a novice when it comes to editing, so it's very nice to know when my efforts are enjoyed.

Naval Strike is probably the best of the DLC. The map designs are great, and Carrier Assault is a ton of fun. I've enjoyed the hell out of BF4 since it came out. I haven't had any major bugs, but I do realize it's been buggy for a lot of people. For all of the justified complaints people have, I'm 100% happy with my purchase. It's one of the most fun games I bought last year. It's nice to see people appreciating the game (and how pretty it is).

Same here. I'm loving Naval Strike and, aside from some slight rubber-banding here and there, am very satisfied with the current technical performance.

BF4 is a really fun game .... when it works. It's a shame that I have to use that qualifier, but when you are trying to play with friends or even just by yourself and routinely have game ending bugs it tends to put a damper on the enjoyment.

Edit: Nice video by the way.

I guess I'm lucky that I haven't encountered those bugs with my friends and clanmates on the PC version. The game has been, for the most part, smooth sailing since Naval Strike's release (slight pun intended). Also, glad you enjoyed the video.

Craig1287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Craig1287

@seppli said:

I'd be playing the shit out of BF4 Naval Strike, but sadly something's severly amiss - at least with the 64 player modes. Rounds start out fine, and then start rubberbanding more and more, until it becomes unplayable about halfway through every round.

I guess I'll start getting back into Rush now, because gosh darn it I want to enjoy the game. It's so bloody good, if it would only work consistently. Right now, it consistently doesn't work though. At least on PS4, playing 64 player modes, but apparently the 64 player experience is pretty shit on all platforms that support it currently.

DICE are working on the rubber-banding, a patch for the PC and possibly consoles is to come out today or tomorrow. They are also going to start universal server resets once every 2 weeks. World of Warcraft does this once every week for the same reasons. Restarting the servers gets the kinks out. Not the best fix for the issue, more of a workaround, but it's better than nothing. If the rubber-banding goes away because of this, then I'm happy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.