Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

which version of bf4 are you buying?

johnzimmerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Edited By johnzimmerman

Poll which version of bf4 are you buying? (60 votes)

xbone 5%
    360 2%
    ps4 48%
    ps3 2%
    pc 47%
     • 
    ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Where is the "I'm not buying Battlefield 4" option?

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ghost_cat

Why isn't it just "PC" as the only option?

HoM3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HoM3R

BF4 on consoles is the same as CoD Ghost on pc.

Your just doing it wrong!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4 fisk0  Moderator

@hom3r said:

I for one will gladly give up graphical fidelity and input accuracy in favor of not having to launch the game through the shitty Battlelog site.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0 said:

@ghost_cat said:

@hom3r said:

I for one will gladly give up graphical fidelity and input accuracy in favor of not having to launch the game through the shitty Battlelog site.

YES!

I cant believe i cant see every server running and have to click refresh just to get a new bunch with only the top 3 filed and the rest empty... refresh again 3 servers 1 empty no pings. refresh again 10 servers all full no pings to display again WTF. The CS server browser in steam was perfect for this why didn't they just do that! OR leave the server browser in the fucking GAME

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By GaspoweR

Well, I already "bought" the PC version so yeah.

@ll_exile_ll Duder, I'm sure there's no "Not-Buying-Battlefield-4" version of Battlefield 4 if that's what you're looking for. :P

@fisk0 I'm actually getting used to the Battlelog browser interface even though it is pretty strange that you have to launch through that but I adjusted to it now and I just head straight to the Battlelog site instead of opening up Origin. I can see why it gets frustrating but I find the site pretty nifty.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

PC version for me

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#8 fisk0  Moderator

@gaspower said:

Well, I already "bought" the PC version so yeah.

@ll_exile_ll Duder, I'm sure there's no "Not-Buying-Battlefield-4" version of Battlefield 4 if that's what you're looking for. :P

@fisk0 I'm actually getting used to the Battlelog browser interface even though it is pretty strange that you have to launch through that but I adjusted to it now and I just head straight to the Battlelog site instead of opening up Origin. I can see why it gets frustrating but I find the site pretty nifty.

I would be OK with it if they could just do like Steam and use Origin's internal browser when you launch the game from Origin. Instead it launches your default browser, and I tend to store sessions with plenty of tabs in my browser, which does impact game performance, and thus I always want to close the browser before I play, something which isn't possibly with the current way they've set up BF3 and BF4. Weirdly enough, Medal of Honor: Warfighter could do it both ways - it could launch from Battlelog but also had an built-in server browser. I was hoping they would keep that system in BF4, as it makes a lot of sense, but for some dumb reason they didn't.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be getting the PS4 version, provided there aren't any major problems. Killzone: Shadow Fall might take priority.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: I also keep a lot of browser tabs open too but it hasn't greatly affected my rig's gaming performance since I also play in windowed mode (because I'm a mad man) and it works fine for me, no hitches or anything during gameplay but that's just me though and I sympathize with you since you might have a bottle neck in your system (RAM maybe?) since I know having other applications often especially having a lot of open tabs in a browser can hitch up gameplay.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GaspoweR

@ikilledthedj said:

I cant believe i cant see every server running and have to click refresh just to get a new bunch with only the top 3 filed and the rest empty... refresh again 3 servers 1 empty no pings. refresh again 10 servers all full no pings to display again WTF. The CS server browser in steam was perfect for this why didn't they just do that! OR leave the server browser in the fucking GAME

Yeah I've noticed that as well last week but for the past few days I've noticed that the pings consistently show up now but that's just me though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.