Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Anyone use the shotgun underbarrel?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

I was playing some yesterday and decided to just mix it up a bit and use it. I was surprised on how effective it was. I still don't use it much cause the grenade launcher is much more handy but does anyone else use it?

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By infininja

If it's a map without a lot of destructible elements and I don't need smoke, sure. So... not a lot, but yes, it is very effective.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By scarace360

NO

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Wacomole

I think the under-barrel shotgun was the last attachment I used and was only to complete the "get all Bronze stars" badge.  Having said that, I was pleasantly surprised at how effective it turned out to be.  
    In theory it should be an excellent "best of both worlds" combination of medium range rifle and closer range shotgun for the Assault Class (so unlimited ammo), but in practice if I find myself wanting to get down-and-dirty and mix it up with a shotgun I tend to go for the full on Spas or a Saiga.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrKlorox

I'm all about the smokes when rolling Assault.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c86670f38adc
    deactivated-5c86670f38adc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The 40mm shotgun shell  is pretty much a  ticket to a free close range kill, and I've been able to use it to take out multiple enemies quickly as well, since you can swap to the assault rifle to mop up. It's handy if you intend to use a 4x optic as well so you don't have to hipfire your assault rifle up close.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Donos

In general, I think the shotgun is more useful than the grenade launcher when you're defending. What you don't usually want to do as a defender is destroy walls, sine that's most of your cover, and may be all that's keeping your objectives alive. What you do usually want to do is quickly kill individual enemies protecting a sneaky MCOM charge, who are likely using shotguns of their own.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lilbigsupermario

Hmm...I haven't really used the shotgun underbarrel quite a lot, I usually just use the 40mm grenades or the smoke grenades.  I should give that a try later :)

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Tennmuerti

Nah, smokes or grenades is where it's at.

apoks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By apoks

it can be very satisfying, if you don't use the other ones too much than its a great replacement. But it's not nearly as useful as the grenade, smoke is only so so in my opinion.

Mu5hy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mu5hy

I used it a bit early in the game (before the weapon re-balancing / shotgun fixing), but not since.  It worked really well close range, but always found myself missing smokes/grenade and not coming into many situations where the underbarrel shottie was useful.

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By markini6

Just out of interest  - are people finding the smoke grenades to be useful? and how are using them (I.e. what situations)?

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Linkin10362

I always either use the shotgun underbarrel or the grenade one,so yeah. I like it.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Donos
    @markini6:  They're handy when your team needs to move over open ground under sniper fire. For example, attacking the Apache base on Port Valdez  can be really difficult, because there's that open road approaching it with no real cover. What I do is set up at the end of the road with an ammo box, and cover the front of the enemy base in smoke grenades until my team has crossed the road. One smoke grenade doesn't do much, but because they reload from the ammo box extrmely fast it only takes a player or two to maintain a wall of smoke across an entire base.
    Avatar image for feelthefunkness
    FeelTheFunkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FeelTheFunkness

I use the Shotgun attachment so that I can have the tracer darts in my secondary slot, so I don't feel completely useless against vehicles.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @markini6:  I dont use them very often but when I play with my squad of buddies usually one of them has it. It works perfect for rush as he just shoots at the m-com while the rest of us arm it. This usually takes any chance of snipers taking us out

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.