Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

are people still playing this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5de441812a230
    deactivated-5de441812a230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Trying to decide between this and COD BLOPS, just wanted to know if there was still a decent sized community, and how does it work if you don't want to buy the dlc?

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DeeGee

Thousands of people are still playing this.

I don't have the DLC at all, and I just browse the lobby looking for servers. I have yet to join one that plays the DLC, so maybe there's a seperate lobby? That's my guess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sweet. 

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
    NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

Yep, playing it on PS3 and there are always games up. So no worries there.

Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Tally_Pants

i play this almost every weekend, i actually enjoy it more than BLOPS (i actually last more than 30s in this game! im not super good at fps' but manage to go on respectable kill streaks on Bad Company) and there are always lots of people on there playing, squad deathmatch at least, thats what i always play.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By iDarktread
    @GravityProof:  I played a lot of BC2 on 360, and then bought it on this holiday on Steam. 

Apparently, there are a lot of hacks on the PC version right now, but I can't really confirm because I haven't played any shooters in a month or so. 

As far as Black Ops goes, I played a lot of it on the 360, getting to 10th prestige the last time I played. While I love that game, especially in comparison to Modern Warfare 2, which was filled with bugs, it is probably my favorite Call of Duty as far as balancing goes, and Treyarch seems to be reacting to the community fairly well. However, having played Call of Duty among other first person shooters for years, I have acquired the necessary skills required to play the game successfully; the amount of time that it took me to get to that point, though, is surprisingly staggering. 

Playing Bad Company 2 with friends is one of my best multi-player experiences in the last few years, and I find that playing that with friends feels much more rewarding than Call of Duty. Many Call of Duty players that I play against have no idea what they're doing, and if I was having that much trouble with the game, I would probably drop it for another that's not so connection-dependent and time-consuming.

It would be helpful to know what system you were planning on purchasing the games on, as the experiences are much different when it comes to PC or console, although both are enjoyable.
    rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rb_man

On the pc there is a good number of people in fact we have a steam group for it . 

Here

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Community's rolling strong. On the PC there's no shortage of servers and players.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By Icemael

Yeah, plenty of people are playing it. 

And if you don't buy the DLC, the game works exactly as it did before the DLC was released. So don't worry about that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iDarktread said:
    " @GravityProof:  I played a lot of BC2 on 360, and then bought it on this holiday on Steam. 

Apparently, there are a lot of hacks on the PC version right now, but I can't really confirm because I haven't played any shooters in a month or so. 

As far as Black Ops goes, I played a lot of it on the 360, getting to 10th prestige the last time I played. While I love that game, especially in comparison to Modern Warfare 2, which was filled with bugs, it is probably my favorite Call of Duty as far as balancing goes, and Treyarch seems to be reacting to the community fairly well. However, having played Call of Duty among other first person shooters for years, I have acquired the necessary skills required to play the game successfully; the amount of time that it took me to get to that point, though, is surprisingly staggering. 

Playing Bad Company 2 with friends is one of my best multi-player experiences in the last few years, and I find that playing that with friends feels much more rewarding than Call of Duty. Many Call of Duty players that I play against have no idea what they're doing, and if I was having that much trouble with the game, I would probably drop it for another that's not so connection-dependent and time-consuming.

It would be helpful to know what system you were planning on purchasing the games on, as the experiences are much different when it comes to PC or console, although both are enjoyable.
    "
    hmmn, i was gonna get it on 360, but another determining factor is that i have a few friends that have cod, but not this. Maybe i'll just wait for BF3 and get cod instead.
    buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By buft

on the xbox its pretty much full games all the time, even on the vanilla battlefield, vietnam is doing pretty well too.

andymp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By andymp

This remains one of the best shooters ever, imo. Love playing BC2 online whenever I get the chance. The map sizes are just so big it makes for a true war experience, something I personally enjoy.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i dont know about the X360, but on the PC is still mad popular

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By big_jon
    @AndyMP said:
    " This remains one of the best shooters ever, imo. Love playing BC2 online whenever I get the chance. The map sizes are just so big it makes for a true war experience, something I personally enjoy. "
    this
    benitobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By benitobb

Just hopped on a week ago for the first time in more than 6 months, downloaded the updates, and found matches on Xbox without any problems. Still a really fun game, but definitely a little tougher now, with mainly the hardcore fans still playing consistently.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By zombie2011

I just stopped playing it (picked up Fifa 11 again), but yeah there were tons of people playing every game mode. Pretty much got into games instantly.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By KaosAngel

There's a lot on PC.

Magiczipper82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Magiczipper82

played earlier today, got into a game with no problem. 360, btw

HiroSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HiroSeven

Yeah, I usually play every weekend or so (on the XBOX 360) and there seems to always be a game going.  

I gotta say, I wasn't for online fps games much, both because of my low skill level and because it just wasn't my 'cup of tea'... until I played Bad Company 1 (which also 'still' has lots of games going) and then BC 2. BC 2 was the first game that I was decent in online and the first I actually cared about playing, making up strategies etc. It's just so expansive, immersive and although I could see the experience getting redundant from time to time, I think BC2/Vietnam will have its servers full for a while to come.  

rasko9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By rasko9
    @GravityProof: 

is you alredy have modern warfare 2 i would get this since black ops is more of the same.   
     battlefield 2 is pretty awesome.
    Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i began to play this game again cause i completely maxed out the medic class a few months back.  i decided to play again to upgrade all the other classes, including the sniping class

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lukeweizer

No. No one is. It's completely empty.

Riddell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Riddell

Best multiplayer shooter on console. Get.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By YoThatLimp
    @AndyMP said:
    " This remains one of the best shooters ever, imo. Love playing BC2 online whenever I get the chance. The map sizes are just so big it makes for a true war experience, something I personally enjoy. "
    Definitely! Especially when you get a good squad going. Love playing Medic/Engineer! 

Just Bought Vietnam and definitely enjoying it
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Three0neFive

Man, the fact that such a question needs to be asked, and that for an increasing number of people games are becoming nothing but throwaway week-long binges depresses me.

dudeitsdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By dudeitsdon

Has anyone else noticed a horrendous amount of lag while playing this? I recently started playing again, bought the DLC, and have been experience crazy teleporting all over the whole place.

Flooder_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Flooder_delete
    @dudeitsdon said:

" Has anyone else noticed a horrendous amount of lag while playing this? I recently started playing again, bought the DLC, and have been experience crazy teleporting all over the whole place. "

Yea, I get lag sometimes, but rarely.

But yea, I still play this. Too bad, but it seems that this game lifespan is starting to be over, what I mean is that servers doesn't seem to be full always, like it used to be when this game was released. But maybe more people will start playing this when we are more closer to battlefield 3 release.

EDIT: oh right, I play on 360. but maybe wrong time so I don't servers full all the time.
    Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jothel
    @Riddell said:

" Best multiplayer shooter on console. Get. "

this is the truth, get the game, it's magnificent
    *edit*
    the 360 version still has a large amount of people on it, not sure about the ps3
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Marcsman

Not anymore ever since KZ3 came out.  
    It will most likely wind up in the inert pile.
    Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#31  Edited By MachoFantastico

On PC servers are still packed, not sure about consoles as I don't play those versions. 

johnnyts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By johnnyts

Uh, as far as the Xbox 360 goes, yes. Pleeenty of people are still active in the community.  
    Joining a game takes a half a second. And sure, joining a squad sometimes is mad irritating. Or simply when teams are unbalanced.  
    I'm speakin' for the 360 y'all. So, don't get it twisted. It's still active, absolutely.  

Avatar image for suburbannooblet
    SuburbanNooblet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SuburbanNooblet

Played yesterday on 360, and just played this morning on pc. The community is still extremely active on both. It will most likely ramp up a bit in anticipation for BF3.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ShockD

I have Black Ops and I somewhat like it, but frankly I'd go with Bad Company 2 if I were you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Yeah there are a lot of players across all systems still, very popular.

Rabbykayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rabbykayn

I might pick this up today to get ready for BF3

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#37  Edited By 234r2we232

I've been playing this for a year casually, the maps have really worn out their interest Especially when you always play them twice in a row :/

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bicycleham

Timestamps don't exist.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By metalmoog

Still playing it on occasion. Everytime we fire it up we always comment on just how damn good and fun it is. BFBC2 is my competitive FPS benchmark. I hope BF3 decimates this benchmark or I will be very sad indeed.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JokerSmilez

Haven't played this in months but after an epic losing streak in League of Legends, decided to pick it up again.

I was never the best player, but it turns out I really suck now. Still fun though.

BigBrobawski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BigBrobawski

@AndyMP said:

This remains one of the best shooters ever, imo. Love playing BC2 online whenever I get the chance. The map sizes are just so big it makes for a true war experience, something I personally enjoy.

Most definitely. You can't beat the realism of BC2. If you wanna stay in the playground with your super soakers, play BLOPS. You want a real man's war? Play Battlefield. haha

Not bashing BLOPS or the CoD franchise, they are great. I personally prefer all of the Battlefield games though, and even 2 weeks away from BF3 being released, rooms are still full on BC2. I love it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.