Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Battlefield Bad Company 2

MoistDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By MoistDinosaur

Why are there not better anti-aircraft weapons?  On Port Valdez, rush mode, the apache is unstoppable if the right pilot is in it.  You will never lock on and never hit them enough with the few machine guns scattered around.  They need to balance this.  Better lock-on rockets or something.

MoistDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MoistDinosaur

Why are there not better anti-aircraft weapons?  On Port Valdez, rush mode, the apache is unstoppable if the right pilot is in it.  You will never lock on and never hit them enough with the few machine guns scattered around.  They need to balance this.  Better lock-on rockets or something.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Donos

I heard a little while back they were going to give AA guns a boost, and add an AA APC for the US side. I havn't played in a while though, so I don't know if that's been implemented yet.

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Tuggah

I found that a problem as of late. And the last area on Isla Inocentes also has an unstoppable helicopter. The UAV can be used but it isn't as efficient as an anti-air gun.

MoistDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MoistDinosaur
    @Tuggah:   I've played rounds on Port Valdez where the defenders were shot down, and then the Attackers stole the apache screwing over the defenders the rest of the round.  Part of that was the team sucking, but it can be really frustrating.  Isla Innocentes can be a real pain too.  Especially when snipers stay on the first island after the first base is taken and just snipe/mortar you while helicopters hover far away so they can see rockets coming at you and dodge.  There is no way to take out anything, you just die constantly at your own spawns.

On a side note, has anyone else died when spawning because you can't shoot or do anything for a second or 3.  Why haven't they addressed this issue?
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By xMP44x
    @Tuggah said:
    " I found that a problem as of late. And the last area on Isla Inocentes also has an unstoppable helicopter. The UAV can be used but it isn't as efficient as an anti-air gun. "
    Ah, that's the Mi-24 Hind. Which is also my favorite aircraft in the game.

As for the Apache, I would consider myself an acceptable pilot. I can line up the rockets to destroy an aircraft, but it's definitely not the easiest feat. Use the Carl Gustav or AT4 seeing as the rockets move fast. Also, the patch made Tracers move faster, so you could try using a dart followed up with a blast from Uncle Carl.
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Donos

The Hind specifically is actually pretty easy to deal with, if you know what to do. My strat is to take an M95 with a red dot and start picking away at it. Then, because the defenders base is at the bottom of a hill, it's easy to rocket or mortar the Hind when it lands to repair.

Actually, the M95 is pretty much the answer to any helicopter that nobody can seem to kill. No, you probably won't shoot them all the way down, but you can at least force them away.

BeastIncarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BeastIncarnate

The next patch (assuming you're not talking PC, which already has it) is making the "Tracer" shoot much faster. So it can actually hit a flying copter. That should be nice.

Blueman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Blueman

This needs fixing. I've been spawn camped quite a lot by 'copters, and there is almost no real way to stop them.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By kishan6

good job getting the quest

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Jayross

The patch (which apparently is awaiting MS/Sony certification) will increase the damage of AA guns on the heli, increase the tracer dart speed, and reduce the damage of the heli's gunner. 

Should be much better after that.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Tennmuerti

After the patch people playing the PC version mostly use black hawks to get to the base and jump out/crash heli.
    It is now rare to see black hawks use mini guns simply because they get shot down so fast.
    Tracer darts are insane fast now, and it's incredibly easy to hit helicopters with them.
    And after a heli is trace'd you have to be super fast with the lock on otherwise some1 else will shoot it down before you :P

So yea, wait for the patch if you're playing on console. 
    On PC helicopters are kinda gimped after it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Tracers are insanely effective now since the last patch. If I play engi I can single-handedly make sure that choppers never become a problem for my team. 

Some intelligent pilots like to use the smoke launcher upgrade though, which really sucks for me :'(

MoistDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MoistDinosaur

Interesting strategies, thanks everyone!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.