Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By fjordson
    Amazon listing

"Ultimate Edition includes: Battlefield 1943, Onslaught Mode, Limited Edition Unlocks, & VIP Downloads"

I'm guessing the VIP downloads just mean the ones that have come out already and not new or exclusive ones.
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Donos

Considering Vietnam isn't included, it doesn't seem very ultimate...

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SilentCommando
    @Donos said:
    " Considering Vietnam isn't included, it doesn't seem very ultimate... "
    I think they should've waited until later and released a GOTY package that included Vietnam.
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By lilbigsupermario

Hmm...but it does have Battlefield 1943 and the Onslaught Mode so that's already like $30 bonus for those who haven't gotten BFBC2. :)

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Malakhii

Nice Find. I never picked up bad company 2, maybe this will be a good gateway to jump in with..... I wonder if it will have the effect of causing the old version to drop in price, so its cheaper to buy that and the DLC stuff. I already have 1943, so I don't need that

lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @Malakhii said:
    " Nice Find. I never picked up bad company 2, maybe this will be a good gateway to jump in with..... I wonder if it will have the effect of causing the old version to drop in price, so its cheaper to buy that and the DLC stuff. I already have 1943, so I don't need that "
    Well BFBC2 already costs $37 on amazon.com and buying the Onslaught will cost you $10; so that's a total of $47 which is way cheaper than the $60 price tag (I'm assuming the ultimate edition will cost $60).  You can actually skip Onslaught if you want since it's really just a co-op mode addition to the game.  It's fun for a while, but it's still not as fun as playing Rush or Conquest.  It's still worth the price though, but it's not really a must-buy.  As for the VIP code, it's already included in every BFBC2 as long as you buy it new.  The limited edition unlock is not really that important since it just immediately unlocks some of the gadgets at the start like the tracer dart and the alternate vehicle fire, which you can unlock eventually while leveling up. 

I wish they would include the SPECACT additions to the ultimate edition, that's a good deal for extra skins for players and weapons plus extra pins to achieve hehehe!
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Marz

in other news, BC2 is permanently reduced on PC to 30$

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Donos
    @lilbigsupermario:  You have to count 1943 into the price as well, meaking this pack a deal by about $2 I guess. On the other hand, I don't see why anybody would buy 1943 at all at this point.
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @Donos said:  
    " @lilbigsupermario:  You have to count 1943 into the price as well, meaking this pack a deal by about $2 I guess. On the other hand, I don't see why anybody would buy 1943 at all at this point. "
    Oh yeah, I know, I was just considering Malakhii's comment.  He said that he already has BF 1943, so I didn't count the value of 1943 for the ultimate edition vs the regular one. :)
    Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wasara88

well if you have BC2 why would you need 1943 considering vietnam is on the way, there isn't going to be much players on it. And the onslaught is only 800ms points so if it's going to be a full priced game it isnt' that cheap. And saying that it includes VIP packs....well isn't that obvious,just trying to lenghten the feature list. I'm not saying it's bad...for those who haven't bought bc2 it's a great deal,but it doesn't deserve the name Ultimate.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Nadafinga

Actually, 1943 still has people playing it, I started it up a couple weeks ago and had no problem getting into a full game.

But I think the reason to pack it into BC2 is probably because 1943 isn't really selling many copies anymore, so if they can give it away and hopefully sell more copies of BC2, then they're going to do that.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Jayross

Hmm.... interesting, but why would you even want 1943? It is over a year old. 

I know publishers and retailers like to have a $60 product on shelves, but this is not a very good deal.

THRICE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By THRICE
    @SilentCommando said:
    " @Donos said:
    " Considering Vietnam isn't included, it doesn't seem very ultimate... "
    I think they should've waited until later and released a GOTY package that included Vietnam. "
    The whole purpose of this pack is to get BF:BC2 back into public mind share for Vietnam. They are dropping a major DLC release for a 6 month old game into a crowded season. They need people talking up some Bad Company 2 when Halo, Call of Duty and even their own Medal of Honor are all coming out smack dab when Vietnam is releasing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.