Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Battlefield Praise

pcmachnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Edited By pcmachnik

In the midst of a very crowded shooter market, I have still been going back to Battlefield: Bad Company 2's multiplayer and having very good matches a great majority of the time. The initial few days when Call of Duty: Black Ops was released, there were fewer numbers of people playing but it seems like most players are back for the moment. I hope this continues and am eagerly anticipating the Vietnam pack that should be coming very shortly. If you have not picked up this game, I highly recommend it for any shooter fan looking for a tactical and exciting brand of multiplayer that has, in my opinion a very high replay value. Enjoy!

pcmachnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By pcmachnik

In the midst of a very crowded shooter market, I have still been going back to Battlefield: Bad Company 2's multiplayer and having very good matches a great majority of the time. The initial few days when Call of Duty: Black Ops was released, there were fewer numbers of people playing but it seems like most players are back for the moment. I hope this continues and am eagerly anticipating the Vietnam pack that should be coming very shortly. If you have not picked up this game, I highly recommend it for any shooter fan looking for a tactical and exciting brand of multiplayer that has, in my opinion a very high replay value. Enjoy!

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Gizmo

Dice have (always?) been fantastic with the free updates and continued support for Bad Company 2.  Map Pack #7 has FOUR free maps in it, this is loyalty to your fan-base.

I'm with Jeff on Battlefield 3 though, I am really worried that will be consolified to hell.

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pwnasaurus
    @Gizmo: when does the new map pack come out? 
    GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By GoofyGoober

Tis a great game but it had its problems. I will be going back to it soon though.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Spoonman671

The game's biggest problem is its borderline retarded community.  Also, the maps are way too narrow.  Hopefully these new maps will remedy that second issue.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By sodiumCyclops
    @Gizmo: I thought that map pack was only free for the PC version, and the 360/PS3 versions came with a price?
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RsistncE
    @Spoonman671 said:
    " The game's biggest problem is its borderline retarded community.  Also, the maps are way too narrow.  Hopefully these new maps will remedy that second issue. "
    Yeah you know I noticed that too. Classic BF maps have always been kinda all over the place in general shape. Nearly all the maps in Bad Company 2 have a longer shape to them. I think it's because the design of the maps was heavily influenced by the Rush game mode since it really is the centrepiece mode of the Bad Company series I think.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spoonman671
    @RsistncE said:
    " @Spoonman671 said:
    " The game's biggest problem is its borderline retarded community.  Also, the maps are way too narrow.  Hopefully these new maps will remedy that second issue. "
    Yeah you know I noticed that too. Classic BF maps have always been kinda all over the place in general shape. Nearly all the maps in Bad Company 2 have a longer shape to them. I think it's because the design of the maps was heavily influenced by the Rush game mode since it really is the centrepiece mode of the Bad Company series I think. "
    Yeah, but I feel like the maps in the first Bad Company (which also had a rush mode in it) were a bit wider and more spacious.  Maybe that's just a bit of nostalgia though.  Just the same, DICE should have put all their free VIP maps effort into converting BC1 maps into BC2 maps rather than adapting existing BC2 maps to new game modes.

I feel like my options as an attacker are fairly limited, and ultimately my team will succeed more often by relentlessly throwing themselves at the objective rather than by good strategic play.
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Djeffers03

I cannot describe how much I love Bad Company 2.

pcmachnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pcmachnik
    @Spoonman671: I agree the maps could be bigger in some cases. Overall, I find my team tends to win when they take their time and are spotting enemies as they move. I find this has not only boosted my own personal stats, but really allows a team to be ahead of the curve most of the time. Either way, I am still really enjoying this game and have been singing it's praises to all my friends. You can't beat that it has been on sale or discounted recently too. 
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RsistncE
    @Spoonman671 said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    " @Spoonman671 said:
    Yeah you know I noticed that too. Classic BF maps have always been kinda all over the place in general shape. Nearly all the maps in Bad Company 2 have a longer shape to them. I think it's because the design of the maps was heavily influenced by the Rush game mode since it really is the centrepiece mode of the Bad Company series I think. "
    Yeah, but I feel like the maps in the first Bad Company (which also had a rush mode in it) were a bit wider and more spacious.  Maybe that's just a bit of nostalgia though.  Just the same, DICE should have put all their free VIP maps effort into converting BC1 maps into BC2 maps rather than adapting existing BC2 maps to new game modes. I feel like my options as an attacker are fairly limited, and ultimately my team will succeed more often by relentlessly throwing themselves at the objective rather than by good strategic play. "
    Hahaha, I love it when teams are horribly imbalanced in a game of rush. When the bad team is attacking it's literally like a turkey shoot. Sit in one spot and fire whenever the odd attacker comes running out of the trees screaming incoherently. On the flipside it's also really amusing to watch the bad team essentially get bum rushed so hard that their spawns can't even push themselves back fast enough to keep up with the attackers pushing forward to the next objective.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.