Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Best single player shooter I have played in some time!

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Sambambo

Wow, what a thrill ride. 

The comedy and actions were honed to perfection, the gunplay was  flawless and the difficulty and just right. Tough, yet not frustrating. You had plan out your actions and really think about what you were doing. 

I hadnt ever really planed on playing the single player, but thanks to not being able to wear headphones for mp currently I did, and I dont regret it!

EDIT: Sorry for the way this post is written, I really need to proof read more often.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Erik

I loved the humor, but the rest of the SP was REALLY mediocer. This game defently shines in the multiplayer categorie, not the singleplayer.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jimbo

Playing through this at the moment.  A lot of great parts, but I don't think it comes together particularly well - it feels very by-the-numbers and mechanical.  "Here's the tank part!  Here's the UAV part!  Here's the Airstrike part!" - that kinda thing.  It's missing the natural flow from one to the other that IW manage to make look so effortless.

Stillwater's line about sending 'Special Forces pussies with heartbeat monitors' was pretty funny.  The Bolivia setting and atmosphere was brilliantly done and made me really want a decent Vietnam game.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Karl_Boss

I thought the single player was below average.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Skald
    AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By AvD

Not quite finished with it yet but the SP is good.  The engine is so perfect that it has to be pretty damn fun by default, but they don't do anything particularly special for the campaign.

Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Darksaw
    @Erik said:
    " I loved the humor, but the rest of the SP was REALLY mediocer. This game defently shines in the multiplayer categorie, not the singleplayer. "
    I agree with this, the game was good in SP but I can't see myself playing it again after I got all the collectables. The multi is what this game is all about.
    KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By KarlPilkington

Haven't played the MP yet but so far the SP seem alright, I thought the first game did humour better though.

TorgoGrooves89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By TorgoGrooves89

Are you kidding? I thought it sucked, found the humour mostly forced, the characters completely out of place - i cannot imagine any of those people actually being in any army or special forces - and a lot of the action by the numbers. Multiplayer is a different story but compared to MW2 story-wise it was very much average. Just my opinion of things though.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Jayross

The story was pretty bad. I liked the Bad Company 1's story waaaay better.

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chuggsy

Man, I'm glad you enjoyed it, but I couldn't disagree more. I was so bored with the singleplayer. I found it frustrating and mind-numbing at the same time, not a good combination.

But hey, to each his own.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I loved the set pieces, to me this is one of the most important factors of any game, none of this generic yellow town #7 

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By withateethuh

It was an improvement over the first ones single player, but the story was ridiculous and the cliched characters are losing their charm.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By FirePrince
    @extremeradical said:
    "Metro 2033 and Uncharted 2 were noticeably better, in my opinion. "

Exactly.Also,get to the MP,the SP is pretty good,but get to the Multi.Great fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.