Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

BF:BC2 PS3, My Stats Got Reset! Any way to recover them?

flannelbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By flannelbeard

I was playing BF:BC2 on my PS3 and my game save got overwritten somehow and all my online stats got reset. 

I beat the single player a while ago. 

I have gotten up to level 18 online. I stopped playing for about an hour. I came back and started up the game. Went online. It took an unusually long time to load. When the game finally connected I joined a game since there was no indication that anything was wrong. I noticed I could not select the weapons I had unlocked. I backed out of the game to check my stats and sure enough everything was reset.  

I also went to check my SP stats and they were gone. It seems my entire save file was completely overwritten with a blank/default save file my the game. 

I know I can't recover the SP data, not a big deal, but... is there any way to recover the MP stats? Will it autorecover them after a little while or do I need to do something special. Even the bf:bc2 website has my stats reset :( I don't cheat or anything online so I don't know what could have happened.

I should note this is the third time this has happened with BF:BC2 to me, however, the previous times I was not far in so I didn't care. 

Obviously the is pissing me off to no end since I like the game, but if I can't recover the stats then, well, fuck BF:BC2. At least the CoD games truely same your data on their servers so my stats don't get reset. 

*sigh* 

Thanks in advance for any advice. 
     ---
    UPDATE:  After waiting a few days and logging in again my MP stats are back.  My SP save is still gone but at least the MP stuff is back. 

I had to start the game, log in, join a match (still no stats at this point). I then quit, restarted the game, logged back in and my MP stats were all back. 

Thanks for the help everyone!

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By sopachuco13

I've never had it happen to my actual file, but there are times that I go online and my stats go blank. I usually just restart the game or come back to it in a few hours and then everything is kosher. I'm not really sure what to do about the actual save file though, that has never happened to me. Maybe you should put back ups on a USB drive or something, if this happens a lot.
    Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
    NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

I've had the same thing happen to me number of times, my stats somehow seemed to reset and i lose my unlocked weapons. Are your sure that your SP saves were overwritten? It's pretty common problem with BC2, getting your MP stats reset. Their servers get sometimes overworked. My MP stats usually get restored in a day or two max.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai

Wait for the servers to stop being crap.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Wuddel

Currently the stat tracking on PS3 is busted.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Hamz

When the servers stop farting about you should find all your multiplayer stats go back to what they should be. It's a bummer but we can only hope someone sorts out the PS3 servers sometime soon.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By mordukai
    @Hamz said:
    " When the servers stop farting about you should find all your multiplayer stats go back to what they should be. It's a bummer but we can only hope someone sorts out the PS3 servers sometime soon. "
    People on the BFBC2 forums are saying that the problem is also on the 360 so the problem is on EA's end. 
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By infininja

Your stats didn't get reset.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Same thing happened to me, but for PC.

First thing I did was email EA support, which sounds dumb I know, but I was emailed back in less than 24 hours and they reset it so all my kit was there.

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AURON570

personally haven't had experience with stats being reset. But I remember in BF2, a number of top players would have their accounts stolen and used for hacking/cheating, so their accounts were banned/reset. But if you e-mailed support they could reclaim the account and give you your points and unlocks back. I'm guessing you can also do the same thing with BFBC2.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Look at it as a fresh start. Now you're better than you were when you started, so your stats are much likely to be better this time around.

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JudgeDread
    @Verb4tim said:
    It's pretty common problem with BC2, getting your MP stats reset. Their servers get sometimes overworked. My MP stats usually get restored in a day or two max. "
    more like every fucking day now....

and my stats have not been updated for 10 days now, I should be level 11 but ingame shows level 9 for the rare occasions im not at level 0

I am seriously considering buying Black Ops instead...

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wuddel
    @JudgeDread said:
    " @Verb4tim said:
    It's pretty common problem with BC2, getting your MP stats reset. Their servers get sometimes overworked. My MP stats usually get restored in a day or two max. "
    more like every fucking day now....

and my stats have not been updated for 10 days now, I should be level 11 but ingame shows level 9 for the rare occasions im not at level 0

I am seriously considering buying Black Ops instead...

"
    Your stats get recorded though. See. The only thing I am not sure about is if the bonus xp from Stars and Insignias get correctly applied.
    JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JudgeDread

thing is statverse has my data recorded correctly but the official stat server says im level 9

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wuddel

Well. I think this means that, your console just can not connect to server where your profile is stored, and will therefore use a older version of your profile. Communicating stats during matches obviously seems to work and they can be communicated to websites (likely different servers). 

Do not worry, the same thing happens to all of us at the moment. It really seems to be server load issue. I fired up the game in the morning before work, and I got correct stats.

flannelbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By flannelbeard

After waiting a few days and logging in again my MP stats are back.  My SP save is still gone but at least the MP stuff is back. 

I had to start the game, log in, join a match (still no stats at this point). I then quit, restarted the game, logged back in and my MP stats were all back. 

Thanks for the help everyone!

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mordukai
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " Wait for the servers to stop being crap. "
    Hear hear!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.