Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

For the record, Battlefield came BEFORE Call of Duty [7 year old thread]

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Screw you guys, I'm gonna go play MoH: Rising Sun!  

YEAAH :D

Designer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By Designer0
    @FrankCanada97: BF 2142 is my favorit BF game to date, and others agree with me, altough we are a small minoroty.

the setting in 2142 is very different than halo, its a lot more simmular to Killzone if you have to make a comparison.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By RsistncE

Mmmmm, k.

They're both great games and even though I haven't played BF since BF2 I prefer (now that the BF series also has a story component) how the story in the Bad Company games are less preachy with the whole "American righteousness" that you got in CoD4 and most likely in MW2. They take the proper and correct road: war is war and there aren't any good guys or bad guys, just people slaughtering each other.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By EvilTwin
    @RsistncE: CoD 4 was more about the British SAS than the marines truth be told.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By RsistncE
    @EvilTwin: Fine, let's change that to "Western Righteousness".

Even still the CoD games suffer from severe POV bias. They all have and I mean it's just in the nature of those games for it to be that way considering they're so story driven with a huge "Saving Private Ryan" vibe to them. Either way I think the CoD games would benefit from throwing the player in the shoes of the enemy.
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Just because the first battlefield came out before the first COD dosent mean that later iterations of these games cant imitate each other. Im sure Battlefield Bad Company 2 has taken a few ideas from past COD games, but that isnt a bad thing. COD 4 is a great game that all multiplayer games can take a few ideas from.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By CL60

YOU LIE!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#58  Edited By big_jon
    @PercyChuggs said:
    "And Medal of Honor came out before both of them, so everyone needs to shut the hell up and enjoy gaming. "
    Indeed
    andwan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well. Battlefield 1 went back to world war era.... and now call of duty ww2 is just copying their idea.

andwan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battlefield was originally like wargasm (open-world war simulation with basic vehicle physics - like chopper flying in desert combat or tank tracks shaping with the terrain).

Call of duty 1,2 was really like any other quake-fps game and was limited to quake3 tech3 engine.

Cod4 was cleverly made for cinematics, character animation and gameplay taking success bits from previous games like regen health from halo,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.