Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

I do not like conquest mode

• 56 results
    Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By holycrapitsadam

I don't know about the rest of you but I cannot stand conquest mode in this game. In all of the other battlefield games (i.e. BF2, BF2142, BF1943, BF: MC, etc.) I loved conquest but for whatever reason, this version seems really bad to me. You don't gain nearly as much experience than in Rush mode, there is that really annoying siren that goes off non-stop once one team gets down to around 20 tickets and it seems that each match turns into one team just base raping the shit out of the other team and nobody ends up going for the flags. This might just be my experience but I would love to hear from some other players about their feelings on this game mode.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By bed

eh.. i wasn't a big fan of it in BC1. I haven't tried BC2 but it sounds about the same. like you, i loved them in the other BF games so i guess i'm on the same boat as you. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

I don't like the three flag setup, especially when most of the maps seem to be set up with the flags in a straight line.  It defeats the purpose, really.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

Well I love Conquest because I hate the Rush maps.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FrankCanada97

I think the conquest maps are a little small.

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By holycrapitsadam
    @jakob187 said:
    "I don't like the three flag setup, especially when most of the maps seem to be set up with the flags in a straight line.  It defeats the purpose, really. "

thats another thing. The other BF games had way more flags to capture and they were spread out over a good distance so it was this constant "back and forth" that was really fun and nerve racking. This version on the other hand is anything but as one teams always dominates.
    Ashwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Ashwyn

It's strange, to me in BC2 the Conquest maps seem stupidly small in comparison to BC1 and it's really starting to bother me.

n00d13z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By n00d13z
    @jakob187:  The only two maps line them up is white pass, and atacama desert. Laguna Presa and Port Valdez don't. But  that is 2 of 4. So 50/50 of getting them lined up. Port Valdez only has two flags. There is a little more variety than you give. Personally I love conquest, but to each his own. Just givin some facts.
    kurtiscaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kurtiscaston

I don't like conquest because it isn't classic. It used to be in that however many flags you captured would have an effect on the enemies team tickets, this doesnt seem to be the case anymore. Its more like team deathmatch with multiple choosable spawn points now :/

odyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By odyssey

I'm kinda shocked at how Conquest manages to successfully make me not care about there being only 24 players. Battlefield 1943 really magnified how empty those maps are without 64 players, but BC2's rush mode does a fine job at making cinematic and chaotic combat with only a third of the players.  

Well, sometimes.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lilbigsupermario

Conquest isn't that bad hehe!  I like conquest but I prefer rush more since it forces the players more to work on a single objective.  As for conquest, there are just a lot of times that players tend to just run around and separate from each other and kill enemies; thus, it becomes a death match.

But when you get into a game that both teams actually really organize and try to dominate each other, then you're in for an epic match.  Players will really try to bring down buildings where campers are and bring in the tank to actually protect a flag.  I rarely get into those games but it's tons of fun. :)

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By raiz265

for me conquest doesnt really work in bfbc2.... i really prefer rush

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By fugie7

i wasn't really feeling the conquest mode either, i prefer squad deathmatch.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By canucks23

The majority of players on consoles don't know how to play conquest for shit. Everybody tries to snipe, just like they do in rush, so the game's usually turn into one-sided rapefests.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I'm having the most fun with Squad deathmatch, and Rush mode isn't as fun when you know it's not gold you're getting...

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Evilmetal

conquest is a good mode that has been bastardized in BC2.  I can only imagine if they do a remake of karkland for BC2... it will never work right. To go a full map Karkland with 32 players of BC2?  it won't be fun at all...

In order to make up for the low player count, they introduced "Rush" mode. Rush mode tries to mimic full blown conquest mode of the past. They want you to have action all the time, but a massive map (like BF2 Karkland) with a max of 32 players(in BC2) makes for a lot of boring game. So they make you transition the map in phases, with Rush mode. It's a cheap trick, but it works. Rush mode is good for low player counts. If there are many players 64+, then conquest will work.  So if they do a Karkland remake for BC2, it will have to be Rush mode, in order to traverse the whole map. 

They have conquest maps in BC2 that are small and many inline flag positions... wtf with inline flag placement? so stupid. Conquest in BC2 is a failure, it doesn't work with the low players counts and small maps.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By spaceturtle

At first I didnt like it either. But now I love it! I still think Rush is by far a better mode though.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Leptok

Yeah it does suck. One decent squad can make all the difference too. It just feels so aimless and pointless compared to rush.

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By SilentCommando

I don't think conquest is that bad, but I definitely prefer rush mode.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TwilitEnd656

It does feel different. Perhaps a multitude of small, seemingly small tweaks eventually led to a big change? Or is it the map size and player count (which would be odd, considering BF1493 was pretty damn fun)? Either way, even if I don't like it as much, I'll jump into Conquest every now and then; just playing Rush gets tiring.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eca34e37141a
    deactivated-5eca34e37141a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer conquest to rush. It seems more balanced, less susceptible to cheap tactics (motar spam, C4 UAV's etc)

sho76und3wd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sho76und3wd

I don't think it sucks, but it seems like it is hard enough to get 12 people to work together, can you imagine getting 12 snipers to try and capture more than three flags?  You ask too much!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sho76und3wd: you have a point, but when the same scenario is focused on just two points the inadequacy of your team seems magnified somehow. Those 12 snipers would just spam one point with mortars till the building killed it and then snipe for k/d ratio purposes (and I mean snipers, not proper recon players).
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By big_jon

I like it,
    sho76und3wd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sho76und3wd
    @kingando420 said:
    " @sho76und3wd: you have a point, but when the same scenario is focused on just two points the inadequacy of your team seems magnified somehow. Those 12 snipers would just spam one point with mortars till the building killed it and then snipe for k/d ratio purposes (and I mean snipers, not proper recon players). "
    I meant snipers as well.  I just meant that if the game had more flags and the amount of flags also had an effect on your number of spawns like previous battlefields, it would be hard to coordinate 11 terrible snipers to do anything but snipe, let alone try and capture a flag.
    YuheJi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By YuheJi

I don't really like it either.  Rush just concentrates the fighting so much better.  Your team in Conquest mode is often spread too thin, or not spread enough and focuses too much on one point.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#27  Edited By ImperiousRix

I don't like Conquest in this game.  Something about it just makes it feel not quite right.  I loved Battlefield 1943, which was exclusively Conquest, but not so much in this game. 
    I do love Rush, though.

Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Aeterna

I'm guessing you people are all playing on consoles as I've not really seen such servers where 1 team totally dominates the other the whole time.  
    People would switch over and the other team'd be able to fight back again. 

Also there's not too many snipers in Conquest, maybe 2-3 per team and then they're just defending a base, they will quite often do so by laying down mines near the flag. 

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JoelTGM

I only play conquest, it's great.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lunarbunny

I want more Atacama Desert-sized maps with more flags. 

And while none of the tips say so, there does appear to be ticket bleed with more flags.

Log

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Log
    @n00d13z:@n00d13z said:
    " @jakob187:  The only two maps line them up is white pass, and atacama desert. Laguna Presa and Port Valdez don't. But  that is 2 of 4. So 50/50 of getting them lined up. Port Valdez only has two flags. "
    Ok so what youre saying is 3 out of 4 maps are a straight line then. You cant have a map with 2 postions and not have a straight line.....
    Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vanek

I only play Conquest.  The other modes are fine, well, actually I find Rush to be rather boring.  It doesn't help that whenever I do try Rush everyone seems to pick recon and snipe rather than attacking which irritates me. 

Conquest FTW.  It would be nice to have more maps as well ... >.>

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MikkaQ

Conquest beats the hell outta Rush mode. Rush has nothing to do with BF, so I stick to conquest. It's the classic gameplay, and it's good here.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hamz

I enjoy all the game modes in BFBC2

sho76und3wd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sho76und3wd
    @Aeterna:  I personally play on console, and I would say it is 65/35 where you have a majority of snipers camping and not really helping the cause of the team.  I think it is an inherent  console problem, but when you get in a game of conquest where it is back and forth and really close, there is no game better.  It is unfortunate that it happens so rarely. 
    pplus0440

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pplus0440

yeah man, conquest wasnt even in bc1 bc of player count, they only added it to appease long time fans. think of conquest as a bonus, but rush is the deal. conquest muts be attracting the MW2 crowd bc all they know how to do is run around lookin for kills.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pplus0440 said:
    " yeah man, conquest wasnt even in bc1 bc of player count, they only added it to appease long time fans. think of conquest as a bonus, but rush is the deal. conquest muts be attracting the MW2 crowd bc all they know how to do is run around lookin for kills. "
    so which is it, battlefield long time fans, or mw2 crowd? They're pretty different players. I personally hate MW but love conquest.
    n00d13z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By n00d13z
    @Log said:
    " @n00d13z:@n00d13z said:
    " @jakob187:  The only two maps line them up is white pass, and atacama desert. Laguna Presa and Port Valdez don't. But  that is 2 of 4. So 50/50 of getting them lined up. Port Valdez only has two flags. "
    Ok so what youre saying is 3 out of 4 maps are a straight line then. You cant have a map with 2 postions and not have a straight line..... "
    The map with two, it's shaped like a V. You its not a straight from base to base.
    giancarlo123x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By giancarlo123x

I hate conquest mode, its just capture a flag and hide in a corner. I play only Rush and Squad deathmatch.

zeefoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By zeefoes

Its definitely the player count. When playing battlefield 2 conquest I NEVER joined servers with less than 32 people. 
    24 Is not enough.
    In Bad company 2, encounters in conquest are to sparse and there's not enough chaos... that's why I'm loving rush at the moment.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FirePrince

Conquest has weird maps. 
    There is the snow one wich is insanely tight and all building collapse after 20 minutes. 
    There is the HUGE desert level were helicopters own everything. 
    There is that island based map,wich is pretty hard to defend. 
    Then there is that jungle map wich is all over the place in terms of layout and flag placement. 
    The mode is still good,though.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PureRok
    @sho76und3wd said:

" @kingando420 said:

" @sho76und3wd: you have a point, but when the same scenario is focused on just two points the inadequacy of your team seems magnified somehow. Those 12 snipers would just spam one point with mortars till the building killed it and then snipe for k/d ratio purposes (and I mean snipers, not proper recon players). "
    I meant snipers as well.  I just meant that if the game had more flags and the amount of flags also had an effect on your number of spawns like previous battlefields, it would be hard to coordinate 11 terrible snipers to do anything but snipe, let alone try and capture a flag. "
    Actually, it does effect the flags. Your counter goes down if the other team has more flags than you.

@zeefoes said:

" Its definitely the player count. When playing battlefield 2 conquest I NEVER joined servers with less than 32 people.  24 Is not enough.In Bad company 2, encounters in conquest are to sparse and there's not enough chaos... that's why I'm loving rush at the moment. "

Huh, I never joined a server with more than 28 people. Of course, I also hate Battlefield 2. Battlefield 2142 was better (as was Battlefield 1942).
    super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By super_machine

I avoid conquest because I hate the Siren near the end. I know its a lame excuse but having that thing sounding off for the last five minutes of the game was enough.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44  Edited By Skald

I like, and actively prefer, conquest mode. Atacama Desert is (in my opinion) the best map in the game.

yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By yani

I really struggle to play Conquest as once that horn starts going I have this sudden urge to smash everything in the room and then go on a killing spree.  That noise is a form of torture! Did none of the testers find that incessant sound aggravating in the slightest?  I've never known anything to get me angry so quickly.

SneakyPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By SneakyPenguins

conquest is to vehicle oriented  
    Rush is the game for me

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here, conquest is totally fun in Battlefield 2, but I just don't like it all that much in BC2.  I don't know why though.

Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Andheez
    @kurtiscaston: 
    Totally agree, thats why I stick to good ole Rush.
    Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lambert
    @jakob187 said:
    " I don't like the three flag setup, especially when most of the maps seem to be set up with the flags in a straight line.  It defeats the purpose, really. "
    This.

Should be at least 5 flags and they shouldn't all be in one row.
    Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

conquest is pretty lame, rush is all i play

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.