Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

IGN Videoreview

• 113 results
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By jmrwacko
    @DCFGS3 said:
    " Wait, he was criticising this game for being too dramatic compared to MW2!??!? That is bs, MW2 is the zenith of too much drama. "
    Yeah, MW2 doesn't let down on the omgwtfbbq moments, so it's weird that he'd criticize Bad Comapny 2 for being too fast paced, especially considering the fact that if the campaign in BC2 is anything like BC1's, I'm sure there will be downtime in the singleplayer experience.
    wfolse1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By wfolse1
    @solidlife said:
    " mmmmm. He calls out the single player being six hours, That seems to be the standard in FPS genre. "
    Yeah no kidding.  Apparently MW2's campaign can be that long and be absolutely amazing but any other game doing the same thing is too short.  Such bull.
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By jmrwacko
    @baconbits33 said:
    " Why is everyone freakin out about the score? It's freakin IGN, their reviews almost always suck, we all know that. And as soon as he said Bad Company was annoying in the first game, and then began to compare it to MW2 you should of realized that it was obviously gonna be a standard IGN review: Bullshit. "
    Yeah I agree, the fact that the reviewer didn't like BC1 (come on, really?) and then immediately drew MW2 comparisons had me putting the review into question.
    Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
    sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

fuuuuuuuuu i wanna pleyyy again

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By canucks23

Yea the sound thing is bullshit. BC2 is the best sounding fps i've played since bc1

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By SilentCommando

Bullshit, the Bad Company is most certainly NOT annoying at all. I would choose them over any other boring set of characters in a heartbeat.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By big_jon
    @Seppli said:
    " @FiestaUnicorn said:
    " I also hate when something I haven't actually played is only considered really great by someone who has actually played it.  What a super duper mega cunt. "
     P.S. I've got 250h of playtime on the beta and demo combined. It's very likely I've already spent 10x more time on BF:BC 2 than the IGN reviewer.  Lasting appeal a 9.0... ridiculous! "

Though I disagree with the score it is a bit ridiculous to say that he should have as much of a love foe the game as you. 250 hours is far more than Ive spent and I am a big fan too. So it seems it is his opinion and I disagree too but it does`nt make him a fanboy. He could say the same to you, right? See what I mean?
    VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By VooDooPC

Seppli, it seems like in your mind any game with multiplayer should get a 10.0 for lasting appeal. For every game that has multiplayer there is probably someone out there that has put hundreds of hours into it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Seppli

The dudes saying 'It's another dude reviewing BF:BC 2' should wake the fuck up. Any decent review outlet has worded out standards, by which scores are being measured by. If IGN had such standards - then we wouldn't see a 10 for sound and lasting appeal for MW2, yet only a 9.0 for BC2, because if both games would be measured by the same standards - BF:BC 2 would at least earn itself the same rating in those categories. Also - since when do reviewers decide on review scores all on their own? There is such a thing as an editor in chief in such big publications. Yet another dude who failed to ask the necessary critical questions like 'Explain to me why BF:BC 2 only gets 9.0 for lasting appeal?'. Since there isn't a justifiable answer to this question, it's obvious that the rating has been pulled out of the editor's ass, without any cohesive train of thought, measurable by a given set of standards.. 

To quote the actual review:  This is the kind of multiplayer game you can go back to for months and months without getting bored.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60  Edited By Seppli
    @big_jon said:

" @Seppli said:

" @FiestaUnicorn said:
    " I also hate when something I haven't actually played is only considered really great by someone who has actually played it.  What a super duper mega cunt. "
     P.S. I've got 250h of playtime on the beta and demo combined. It's very likely I've already spent 10x more time on BF:BC 2 than the IGN reviewer.  Lasting appeal a 9.0... ridiculous! "
    Though I disagree with the score it is a bit ridiculous to say that he should have as much of a love foe the game as you. 250 hours is far more than Ive spent and I am a big fan too. So it seems it is his opinion and I disagree too but it does`nt make him a fanboy. He could say the same to you, right? See what I mean? "
    That's not what I'm saying. All I wanted to make clear with that statement is, that I can very well make a judgement call on sound design and lasting appeal. Especially sound design is a matter of fact, not opinion. Some seem to think, we talk out of our asses. Like we never played the game. That's just not true. We did play the game. Lots of it too.
    illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By illmatic19
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By Jayross

I have another video:

RIP MW2

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By Donos
    @illmatic19: *sigh* is there a way to sign against that petition? Maybe some day the internet wil understand that reviews are opinions, and you can't change them be yelling.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Jayross
    @Donos: RABABABABABA

rababara?
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Donos
    @Jayross:  Dude.... what?

Nice vid btw.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66  Edited By jkz

Jesus christ, I thought we were above this.... 

Okay, no I didn't, I just hoped that the level-headed among us would have stopped this before it hit 4 pages. Who gives a fuck? Come on now, two different people reviewed the games; review scores should NOT be compared to each other, they should be taken only in the context of the text that accompanies them. If the negatives pointed out don't dull your excitement for the game, then who the hell cares what number they put at the end? 

Don't be so god-damn childish, this is the reason the entire video-game review-system is absolutely broken.

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Pinkshley1

"It's pretty jarring when a game ends as soon as its won." lol WTF!? The game is OVER! What does it matter!?

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jayross
    @Pinkshley1: haha yeah, I found that kind of strange too. What did he want? A minute of doing nothing? Why not get right to the next game?
    TonicBH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69  Edited By TonicBH

I can't believe we have to bitch about a score, one's review of a game, and try to compare it to another shooter that the person bitching hates because it's overhyped or broken or whatever dumb flaw they have with MW2.

As I said in the last thread (that got locked, btw): You're comparing Granny Smiths (BC2) to Red Delicious (MW2) here. Both are shooters, but both have their own styles. People will prefer one to the other. If one guy loved MW2's sound, you can't nag the other guy for not thinking BC2's sound is the best sound that sound has ever made. It's friggin ridiculous, and people need to stop with comparing game reviews, bitching about reviews, and ESPECIALLY bitching about MW2.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Jayross

Just for the record, Granny Smith's are easily .5 points higher than Red Delicious, clearly.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#71  Edited By Pie
    @Jayross: Lol, just saw you in the comments for the actual review on IGN. Funny when that happnes
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Jeffsekai

Reading the review...its not very good. Score is fine..the written review is kinda balls

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Jayross

Jeez, I think every review I am going to read about BC2 is going to be constantly making comparisons to MW2.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Quacktastic

They had to mark it down a little so when they review the PC version they can give it .5 more.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75  Edited By TheJollyRajah

That was a bad review. Not because of the score, but because... he doesn't back up many of his claims.

mohaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By mohaim

Awesome game.  I don't want to know how much time I've spent in the demo.  Also, LOL @ an 8.9 meaning bad.  Maybe that's how reviews work now, but it's still silly.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#77  Edited By Marz

Reviewer just seems to have docked it alot of points based on the single player campaign.  But that's not what really matters in the long run.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Pinkshley1 said:
    " "It's pretty jarring when a game ends as soon as its won." lol WTF!? The game is OVER! What does it matter!? " 
    @Jayross said:

" @Pinkshley1: haha yeah, I found that kind of strange too. What did he want? A minute of doing nothing? Why not get right to the next game? "

Well the final sequence in Titan mode in 2142 where the Titan blows up is pretty good. You have 20 seconds to escape while it's exploding then it shows the thing go kaboom in a 10 second or so drawn out fashion as nice end-piece to a 45 minute match. It is a tiny bit jarring in BC2 compared to this. But not worth mentioning in a review.
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By immike

Meh, the review was a little lame to me. He pointed out some things that he found faults with that I saw in MW2, but those same faults were missing in the review. It's fine though, I'll give the game my own score when I get a copy.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Jayross said:

" I have another video:

RIP MW2

"
    Holy shit! That dude's popping out of a chalk board.
    Cocytus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Cocytus
    @Zereta said:

" I think if anything really, 9 for sound compared to freakin MW2's 10 is horrible. "

QFT. Bad Company 2 deserves a 10 for sound. It's amazing. MW2 definitely doesn't deserve a 10. Maybe a 6 max. All of its sounds are bland as hell.
    FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
    @Jayross said:
    "Just for the record, Granny Smith's are easily .5 points higher than Red Delicious, clearly."

this.
    Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Nemesis

Thanks for a great thread, Battlefield fanboys! This is a perfect example of why gamers are idiots. When did 8.9 become a bad score?

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Jayross
    @Nemesis: thanks for bumping our idiotic thread, pragmatic internet person.
    chipmaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By chipmaga

Hey guys I read that review and saw the 9 for sound and graphics while MW2 got a 10.  Every single preview showed the game as having best sound in a shooter.  Also I played the beta for a ridiculous amount of time.  If you want to revolt against IGN with the 300 other people sign the petition.  

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bfbc2/ 

CriPPleR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By CriPPleR

I don't care if MW2 rates higher then BC2 but to say that the sound is better in MW2 than in BC2 is insulting. BC2 has some of the best weapon sound effects, team chatter, low end, and ambient sounds that I have ever heard in a game. MW2 hate it or love it has the worst weapon sound effects I head in a triple A shooter.

thisisdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By thisisdell

8.9 is a great score... What are you guys talking about.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Seppli said:
    " @Zereta said:

" For a game whose demo I love more than the entire full version of the other big name modern warfare shooter, 8.9 seems like a shit score. At least to me. In comparison of course.  No matter. BF: BC2 will steal my life away. "

Yeah - the overall score is definitly is on the very low end. Almost unacceptably low. Especially given the fact the reviewer thought BF:BC 2's sound design is worth a mere 9.0. Borderline offensively ignorant. Same goes for the lasting appeal. 9.0? Serisously? For anybody enjoying BF's style of gameplay it's easily a 10 out 10 when it comes to lasting appeal. Hell - I've clocked in over 250 hours and the game ain't even out yet.  He should have at least have bumped it up to a 9.0. The 8.9 score seems like a dick move to get nerdrage pageviews to me. "

Well... looks like they won.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#89  Edited By Evilsbane

A 9.0 for sound design? Are they smoking crack? HAVE YOU PLAYED THIS GAME WITH 7.1 SURROUND SOUND? Nothing beats this game sound design wise, and understand I want to play this game but I am not freaking out about it but even as a general fan I have to point out that this is some of the best SFX in a game Ever.

Nelez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Nelez

Like more here, I just can't seem to grasp when and why a 8.9 out of 10 is a bad score.
    Just don't get it.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Jayross
    @Nelez: you aren't supposed to 'grasp' that, we aren't even complaining about that. If you read eveyone's comments, they are about the sound and graphics score, not the overall.
    Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Icil

I thought I came to GB to avoid shit like this =(

Nelez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Nelez

Ok, point taken. Guess I should've counted to ten. It's just that I ever so often hear people complain about bad scores that are actually not bad scores at all. 
    My bad.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Zereta
    @Jayross: Technically, I am pissed about the overall score as well as if it were not for the ridiculously low scores (by comparison) on the Sound and Graphics departments, Bad Company 2 definitely would have gotten higher!! the folks at DICE deserve more credit than this.
    Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Icil said:

" I thought I came to GB to avoid shit like this =( "

yep these sort of threads should stay on ign where it belongs
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By TheHBK
    @Seppli:
    "CoD Fanboy Cunts! "

Damn Vinny, chill out.
    Talesavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Talesavo

I can't believe he scored sound anything other than a 10.

tbone81889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By tbone81889
    @Seppli said:

" @FiestaUnicorn said:

Why are you bothering  criticizing someone else's review?  It's his own opinion.  Also, its not fair to compare his score to another reviewers, because their opinions are subjective.  Erik's 8 might be another reviewers 9 and vice versa.  
    frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By frankfartmouth

Game Informer gave it a 9.5, and they're usually a little stingier than IGN, so yeah, I was a bit surprised that BC2 didn't break a 9, but so it goes. Critics can be retarded. I think it's going to be fucking awesome, personally.   
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By carlthenimrod

Sound includes more then just explosions and gunfire. MW2 has some of the best voice-work around. You can't really complain about a 9 in sound unless you have heard all that stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.