Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Is this a joke??

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

So this game is free on Games with Gold for this month. I downloaded it, went to multiplayer, then picked "Quick Match" and I get a message that says it cannot find any games online. Googling the issue, I find this:

http://www.twinfinite.net/2014/10/01/bad-company-2-free-xbox-360/

There are no servers to play the game on?? Are you fucking kidding me??

Someone, please tell me I'm missing something...

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Yes, you're missing an update.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Also, this game's been out for a while. Most servers turned into BF 3/4 servers. But to parrot others, check first comment on that article.

"On the game details you should find under 'Extras' a game add-on called "Battlefield Bad Company 2 VIP". Its 188kb large and it reopened my online capabilities.. Peace."

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's gonna be a bit off-topic (well whatever, the question has been answered), but Battlefield: Bad Company 2 did not come out on iPod.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madman356647: I tried that last night, it didn't seem to fix anything... Any other ideas?

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Baillie

@madman356647: I tried that last night, it didn't seem to fix anything... Any other ideas?

Ignore everyone saying it's a small update that you can easily get. It's not. You need the BFBC2 Vietnam Multiplayer Update. It's 1.64GB, and there's no way to currently get it right now. EA/Microsoft will surely update the store to have an option to download it. Before, it came up saying you needed to update before playing online. I have it as I got the update in like 2010, when it came out.

No Caption Provided

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I thought battlefield 2: bad company servers were shutdown when Gamespy was closed down. Could be wrong though.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baillie: OK, this does seem to be the right answer. MSoft is supposedly working on a fix.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#10 fisk0  Moderator

It's gonna be a bit off-topic (well whatever, the question has been answered), but Battlefield: Bad Company 2 did not come out on iPod.

Weren't most iPhone games at that time compatible with the iPod Touch?

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RazielCuts

It seemed like they were doing something. First day or two couldn't get past the title menu for matchmaking, then when I tried on friday all the VIP/EA 'unlock' prompts popped and I could get into the sub menu for matchmaking to choose game type etc but still no luck connecting with no players found this time. Skimming through comments on an article there was talk the MP had gone P2P? Not quite sure what the problem is if so.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.